Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Panther Tire Compounds

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 03:44 PM
BINFORD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panther Tire Compounds

Is the Panther Clay compound the hardest or softest compound Panther makes?

And are the Switch 2.0 tires better or worse than Pro-Line Holeshots on hardpack?

Thanks
Old 12-10-2007, 10:41 PM
wookie_racer
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: Panther Tire Compounds

the clay comppont is inbetween soft and medium, but it is very "tacky" or stickyto grif clay surfaces better. it is the same rubber used in real race cars. on hard pack it realy depends. if it is very dust or has dirt atop the hardpack the the switches and hole-shots will be good. if it is fairly dust free the losi taper pins would be great, if your running 1/10 buggy BK bars would be good too. but make sure if you use the clay tires that the track is clay and not just hardpack dirt, in that case a softer compound would be better.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:17 PM
BINFORD

Thanks wookie_racer,

I think our track is mostly dirt, I ran Bowties, they were good in loose, but I didn't think much of them on hardpack.

I want to have a few different tires this year, last year it went from loose to hard pack because of alot of windy days, then back to loose again.

I want to get Losi IFMAR stud tires as well.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:20 AM
wookie_racer
My Feedback: (8)

ifmar studs in silver would be good for when it is loose, and ifmar PINS in soft would be excelent for hard pack. the outdoor track i race at has hardpack with a dusty surface and red(soft) compound ifmar pins are the best.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:03 PM
BINFORD

Thanks again wookie racer,

I think I will get silver ifmar studs, and red ifmar pins, can never have too many tires.