Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Team Associated Green Slime

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 07:59 PM
BINFORD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Team Associated Green Slime

I just built another set of Associated shocks, have always had leaking issues in the past, this time I tried Green Slime part# 1105 on the seals and shafts instead of shock oil.

The difference is like night and day, for the first time my Associated shocks are dry

Old 12-22-2007, 09:50 PM
j.m.

Default RE: Team Associated Green Slime

sounds sweet. Do you know if that is the same stuff they put inside bike tubes so that if they are punctured they seal themselves automatically? do you know what i'm talking about?
Old 12-23-2007, 01:18 AM
font9a

"green slime" is indeed a latex sealant for MTB tubes. I can't imagine it having appropriate properties for shock oil replacement -- its 300 wt asw opposed to 25wt or 35wt oil... and it has sealing polymers in it for when it contacts air. As an MTB product: it works OK in semi-thorny situations, but you're better off patching the tube and removing the injury through close inspection. ( I ride MTB more than I drive cars, so I Have a definite opinion on the matter. The cost and ease of patching simple MTB flat is nothing... 5 miuntes on the trail.

For RC racing, I can only envision the better user scenario is just keep some o-rings on hand for the RC at the track until someone markets a "leakless' promise that *everyone* will upgrade to.

-- c
Old 12-23-2007, 05:56 PM
BINFORD

Just to clear things up, the Green Slime #1105 is NOT to replace shock oil, it is an ASSEMBLY Lube sold by Team Associated, and recommended in the B4 manuals.

Its a thick grease, and shock oil is still used, just not for an assembly lube.

RCCA also recommeds this product, which is specifically designed for shocks, and is much better from my experience than using shock oil as an assembly lube.

Its not the same as the MTB product.

Please see the link

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXSF70&P=ML