Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

OFFICIAL Losi Speed-T thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 10:25 AM
Rhizzlebop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Losi Speed-T thread

I found the dimensions on the stock Losi pack.

it is 43.2x137.2x25.5

I found this pack at TrueRC.com
NEW TrueRC 8000mAh 10C 11.1V 3S2P pack
Its 110 bucks for 8000mah, but its only a 10C rating.

However, it says its GREAT for the Losi XXX-T and a BUNCH of other cars. So, then wouldn't it be ok for and FIT the Losi Speed T?
The dimensions on this pack are 40x45x145 it says.

Seems ok, except in the 25.5 dimension, and I dunno if thats a critical space limited one in the speeds battery bay.

Also, what connector do I buy to put on this pack from TrueRC or does it come with the one I need to connect up to the Speed T??
Old 10-30-2008, 11:15 AM
04DarkShadowGT

ORIGINAL: gbasile77

i like it how people talk about spending money on RC like they are Bill Gates.
Seriously, if you are that cashed up go and spend $300k+ on a real super car.
Where did that come from?
Old 10-30-2008, 12:13 PM
Lilredmachine

That guy talking about how he would make a full custom RC with custom geartrain, twin Big Maxximums (around $700 on their own) etc. The electronics on that bad boy would be over $1500 alone. The finished article would likely be over 8k with all the custom metal and machining work.

Rhizzlebop, the TrueRC packs are good quality, and it is known that they are underrated by the factory. Even if it is correct, you are getting 80 amps continuous and the burst should handle anything that little excelorin system can throw at it. If it will fit I can heartily recommend it. Zippy are also known to be good, very cheap packs.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:57 PM
Rhizzlebop

Thanks for that pack recommendation.

110 bucks for a pretty good looking 8000 mah pack seems solid to me.

Can anyone look at this link [link=http://home.comcast.net/~truerc/ready_pack/ready_packs.htm]TrueRC LVCs and connectors[/link] and tell me if one of these LVCs is what i should get for the Speed T to protect these new packs I'm gonna order.

Also, if I order those TrueRC packs, what sort of connector do I need to get and where to make it plug into the ESC on this thing? and how do these LVCs plug in? Do I need some kind of adapter for that too? I really don't want something complicated, would prefer as much plug and go as possible.

Thanks
Old 10-30-2008, 04:25 PM
Rhizzlebop

Are there no Speed T owners out there??? (Echo) (Echo) (echo)
Old 11-01-2008, 06:06 AM
Crash_SPT

I am Speed-T owner but I haven't made the jump to Lipo (sorry.) I am content with the performance I get out of my 7-cell 8.4V 4700mah NiMh packs.

BTW... the ESC has a programmable LVC using the included Quick Programming Card. The plug that you need for the battery is a female EC3 (LOSB9615.)
Old 11-01-2008, 08:14 AM
04DarkShadowGT

Just got mine yesterday. Its definatly fast but the locked rear end makes it handle like absolute garbage. They should have put the gear diff from the desert truck in it. Thats another $16 I have to spend to make it not suck to drive.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:38 AM
Rhizzlebop

Dark shadow, I'd hold off on that. I undestand the new iterattion has tthe kevlar spur in it so all you need to do is take out the clips that lock the diff and put in the carbide balls. though i don't yet know how to do this.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:24 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Im gonna bump this. lol

My father in law just got one of these. It wasnt in the best of shape, but i have him ordering some new parts it needs.

The main problem right now is that it slips the slipper clutch a lot even if the nut is real tight. Hes going to order new slipper pads, and im assuming thats the problem, but does anyone have any insight on the matter? The pads looked ok, but they may be worn out. The steering also is bad, but i think tightening the servo saver will fix that issue.

I had to take the tranny apart and clean it out because someone had stripped a gear out apparently before and left the old pieces in which made the transmission rough feeling. Thats fixed now though so i just have to work on the issues above.

Eric