Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc
View Poll Results: A poll
Regular B4
33.33%
B4 Factory Team
66.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

B4 - Factory kit or non-Factory kit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Powermad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B4 - Factory kit or non-Factory kit?

The factory team kit has some great hop-ups, but I hear that the chassis is actually worse for beginners because of the graphite. Would you recommend the regular B4 (plastic) kit for a beginner such as myself? Or just go for it and get the Factory edition.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:09 PM
<<ADAMIK>>

Default RE: B4 - Factory kit or non-Factory kit?

well yer gunna get better as you go on and messing around is prolly gunna get boring and yer gunna wanna go to the track. ft b4 well be much more sturdy than plastic.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:17 PM
calvino

er, you can take the cf chassis, sell it and/or keep it for later, the CF is only for "hardcore racers", if you are more of a casula racer, er, go with the ft[8D]
Old 02-03-2008, 09:56 PM
maxxdout

The B4RS (RTR) is a great buggy. Just to give you an idea on how tuff this thing is, I was going around 35mph and hit a big rock which sent it flying 2 feet in the air and 20 feet down the road, flipping like crazy. Nothing broke. The speed is insane on the RS too, I have some vids: http://www.youtube.com/crpbmx
Old 02-03-2008, 10:29 PM
P0WERup

Heck go for the ft kit...Is about 20-30$ more...Go for it....
Old 02-04-2008, 12:06 AM
olydemon

Im trying to decide the same thing with a T4. Im just a beginner too but know I will be wanting to upgrade as I go along. 20-30 more now is much better than hundreds later..... Iv already learned that with the Rustler that I've been racing.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:24 AM
calvino

ORIGINAL: olydemon

Im trying to decide the same thing with a T4. Im just a beginner too but know I will be wanting to upgrade as I go along. 20-30 more now is much better than hundreds later..... Iv already learned that with the Rustler that I've been racing.
I have to say, personally, if you plan on upgradin down the road, go kit, they cost a bit more to setup, BUT, they come with tons of upgrades in the box, work it out on paper like the upgrades (+ price of the truck), and compare that to the kit (price of kit + stuff to get it running), you get the point[8D]