Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

What VXL parts have you broken (stock/aftermarket)?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 07:58 AM
vdubman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What VXL parts have you broken (stock/aftermarket)?

i have broke a rear shock tower and replaced it with a rpm one. broke a couple rims but thats due to bad driving on my part "tree in the park at 45+"
Old 03-09-2008, 12:53 PM
MahnkenVille

I thought I could save money by buying the velineon system and putting it in an evader ext I had.. then the problems started.

I'm thinking of putting the velineon system in my rusty Xl-5....recommended? any necessary mods to do so i dont destroy anything?
Old 03-09-2008, 01:30 PM
beenbreto

yeah i out a brand new 4200 pack in mine let my uncle drive it and then bam straight into a tire, but thankfully only one broken caster block!!!! Also where do you buy RPM parts aT????
Old 03-29-2008, 11:38 AM
Sampson0420
My Feedback: (7)

axle carrier + suspension arm (slid sideways into coworkers trucktire going 30), spur gear(motor came loose after big jump), wheelie bar (yes traxxas's model sux), popped the rear shock caps after a huge jump also. I've had to truck for 2 weeks and obviously still suck at driving. On top of that, I run a 11.1v 5000mah lipo which is way too fast for my skill level, but god damn is it fun!

Dave
Rusterl VXL
Old 03-29-2008, 11:44 AM
NA_alwas

iv broken 3 wheely bars, fuk up a integy wheely bar bad, broken all A arms, umm sevro wheel, broken steerting bellcranks, broken caster blocks, the parts for the axles/ bearing....striped out the hex inside of the rear wheel, broken a jaco foam wheel.....
AND NOW IM GONE AND GOT RPM PARTS

all broken things due to running lipo battery
Old 03-29-2008, 12:02 PM
RC_Basher20
My Feedback: (4)

rpm bumper, castor block, esc, wheelie bar mount, antenna holder upper (little stuff)
Old 03-29-2008, 02:20 PM
aftermarket
My Feedback: (2)

Broke a bearing carrier on the left rear wheel due to landing on it about 7 times on all my jumps...replacing it w/ rpm ones. Gona be in the main in the next few days.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:13 PM
NitroAssassin

after reading these posts i can't help not comment on a couple things.. First of all guys, don't be complaining about the "crappy" traxxas wheelie bar because its' not really bad at all.. It's a wheelie bar guys!! it's made to keep the front end down on high speed runs.. It's not for breaking your landings after a jump.. Geez

Slamming into a tire at 30mph, jumping and landing on the roof at high speed.. jumping with the wheelie bar attatched etc anything will break under those circumstances... lol
Old 06-27-2008, 04:13 PM
Tripower455
My Feedback: (2)

My son and I got a couple of VXLs last week to bash around the yard. I got a Rustler and my son got a Stampede. We are having a blast with them! I've been an RC airplane guy for almost 30 years, and never thought that the cars could be this fun! I had a couple of the Tamiya cars back in the early '80's, and they were not even on the same planet, performance wise!

We are running 4500 mah 6C Nimh and I have a couple of 7C 5000's coming next week.

These things almost fly right out of the box......

That said....

Due to driver error, I've broken 2 right caster blocks and bent both kingpins. I got the RPM replacements (as well as the steering knuckles/larger bearings) and 5 sets of stock kingpins.

Are the aluminum caster blocks a good replacement, or will they just transfer the damage to a more expensive part of the car? Any other durability upgrades for a basher?

As cheap as the RPM and stockers are, I bought a few sets of each, so we can keep going through the learning curve. They take 3 minutes to replace.......

My 11 year old has only blown the top off one shock, and cracked the transmission guard so far! He fixed the shock himself and we're going to the LHS tomorrow and see if we can get the tranny guard......

Now I've got to figure out how to set up the suspension properly!

Overall, I am impressed with the quality and durability of these RTR cars. In the airplane world, I have always been a builder, and snubbed ARFs (almost ready to fly), but after the LHS guy showed me these things, we were hooked.