Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

T3 proline body not lining up with pins

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2003, 05:04 AM
LITEGIDE24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T3 proline body not lining up with pins

I painted the first original bodythat came with the Factory Team T3 last week, set it outside for about 45 minutes to dry, went out there and it was gone! My wife says it was the wind, I think it might of started w/the wind only to be carried away by some kid?

Anyway, the body that came with the kit was a Proline chevy truck lexan body, I never got a chance to line it up with the mounting pins to see how well it fit on the chassis. - Do they line up exactly where they should w/the body mounts?

After the original body was gone I opted to go to the hs to see if I could find the same lexan body. I was in luck, they had the same proline body I thought.

I trimmed out the wheel wells of the proline '99 chevy 3082-00 body which seemed identical to the first - right down to the blue peel off sticker on top and the spoiler cut out in back. This body isn't painted yet, I alligned the clear body onto the just built chassis and I just realized the two pins in front and the center in the rear are not going to line up with the perferration (that needs to be drilled out) seems as if the body is about 1/4 - 3/8" of an inch off where the holes line up - the body seems short for the chassis - the rear shock towers will barely make it up inside the body cavity in back, the body seems short for the truck?

Is this the same body that came with the electric factory team kit? I suppose I could drill holes just in front of the predrill-perferation in the hood and the back hoping it would allign ok even though it's getting close in the front and the shock towers are against the far rearend of the cavity of the bodies raised shock tower mold?

Are the lexan bodies stronger in the exact spot where the perf holes are meant to be drilled? If I drilled it one way or another would it crack or tear?

Thank you,

Phil
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	72206_30362.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	43627  
Old 05-31-2003, 11:40 AM
tervis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T3 proline body not lining up with pins

not sure i would try it though