Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Official E-FIRESTORM thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 12:49 PM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

Also they have $9.99 off shipping to Canada this week.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:17 PM
redfisher1974

Sorry the lower shipping is only on $199 or more[:@] looked at a new set of bearings with $10 off came to $15 but the A-holes want $20 to ship them[X(] towers high shipping kills most of the deals for people in Canada.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:08 PM
mercerbeef

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and the rotating mail strike lol
Old 06-14-2011, 04:38 PM
nitro-rob

ORIGINAL: redfisher1974

ORIGINAL: nitro-rob

It is a 2s max system. Still, a good budget setup but the regular castle system is within 20 bucks. The motors are about 15 cheaper than the castle versions.
I will go to new tires soon and will see if they make a difference. I may switch to 30-series when I burn through my 2.2 inch wheels.
Im sure it said 3s in the small print.
It says on the 3900kv motor 2s max in the paper copy. I've been doing a lot of my shopping at Tower over the past year. Its not worthwhile to buy small amounts from there, but the discounts come in very well when you purchase over 200. They are a warehouse bulk distributor and their shipping prices verify this. I don't even think of ordering any less and save orders up for a month or two or consolidate an order with a friend and they ship a huge box of stuff for under 30 dollars every time. My baja was shipped for $30 and it weighed 35 lbs. I've switched to the local shop during the mail strike since they pick it up in the US and bring it over.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:16 PM
redfisher1974

yeah the shipping on big stuff is good, But they charge almost the same to ship what could fit into a standard envelope.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:53 PM
nitro-rob

Do you have a local shop or do you have to go to Kitchener?  I do ebay or the local shop for single items and tower for multi item or large orders.  I am starting to stock things as well.  

I am finding the rear wheels are getting very sloppy on my storm now.  I've hit a lot of things under hard power and the hub carriers and bearings are shot.  I also blew a bushing in the integy steering bellcrank. Add in the diff and slipper problems last week.... this shows the drive train is taking a beating with the power in the truck and the harsh ashpalt crashing its been taking.  Everything else is holding up very well including the CVDs, outdrives and RPM arms.  

Old 06-14-2011, 06:55 PM
nitro-rob

ORIGINAL: redfisher1974

yeah the shipping on big stuff is good, But they charge almost the same to ship what could fit into a standard envelope.
They are telling us to buy 200 bucks or more or its not worth their hassle.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:08 AM
mercerbeef

yay, full on mail strike. My trade is gonna be stuck somewhere. lol
Old 06-15-2011, 11:31 AM
nitro-rob

A few sellers within Canada sent me things by express in the days leading up to the strike just in case and they charged regular shipping.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:43 AM
nitro-rob

ORIGINAL: thehuntingterminator

why won't they produce those in the US?
I think it is strange that they have different lineups in different areas. A lot of the HPI europe cars are rebranded from hot bodies in addition to some of the north american HPI stuff . They also sell weird stuff like the savage 21 (just discontinued) and a savage X with reverse. No savage kit?! The ESC's on the bullet is not a castle version, I've heard its a hobbywing or similar brand. Strange...

Old 06-15-2011, 11:44 AM
thehuntingterminator

lol, good time to be an American i guess...

A few sellers within Canada sent me things by express in the days leading up to the strike just in case and they charged regular shipping.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:49 AM
redfisher1974

seems so...
Old 06-15-2011, 11:53 AM
nitro-rob

I'll buy you a budweiser to toast the US Postal service.  Do you know that often when shipping small packets its cheaper to send something to Texas than to somewhere a few cities over within Canada?  Its because the portion that is paid to USPS for their part of the packages trip is much cheaper so it brings the overall price down compared to Canada post having to deliver a package a whole (but much much shorter) distance.  This is how  the lady at the local post office put it to me.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:04 PM
thehuntingterminator

haha. well, best of luck to all you Canadians out there!
Old 06-15-2011, 12:17 PM
redfisher1974

I do use Ebay for most of my small stuff, I just ordered a new bearing kit and want to order the fancy diff rebuild kit so I can run diff fluid without it leaking out. The only reason I was looking at tower was because of the 10 off 25 code i had.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:07 PM
mercerbeef

on the plus side our money is worth $2 and some cents more, lol may go to the states and get parts, gas, wings, and beer. lol

I just got a $10 coupon from Fast Eddys bearings newsletter.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:54 AM
tails13

For those of you with both a Blitz and a E-FS, which parts exactly areinterchangeable? I'm interested in some blitz rear end parts but don't want to risk my money on something that may not fit.
The parts I'm specifically interested in our the rear brace and the bumper to connect to it.
Basically the parts you can see here in this picture on the rear of the truck...
The rear under chassis section that goes under the tower and gearbox looks identical to the E-FS part apart from where it finishes and joins onto the bumper.
I'm running a Proline Baja body on my firestorm, and when it wheelies it scrapes on the road. I think the Blitz bumper would look awesome with the Baja body, and it'd stop the body shell catching on the ground during wheelies.
These are the parts;

I'm just hoping some one with both trucks can check for me...Thanks!
Old 06-17-2011, 11:35 AM
damselfly

My ground assault stock rear tires are now well and truly worn due to the brutal power of the sidewinder sct combo'.
Can anyone recommend some decent asphalt/tarmac tyres please?
Old 06-17-2011, 11:49 AM
redfisher1974

Buy a set of pro-line dirtworks or dirthawgs and it will feel like you have twice the power you had with those stock tires.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:42 PM
nitro-rob

Yeah, dirt works are great for asphalt (despite the name). 
Red - burned a pack again last night and hit 132 after being really hard on the throttle (ran in the 120s). I am checking with a second thermometer as well.  The ESC went to 108 and it was the first time the fan has ever come on other than during the startup cycle.   5Ah packs are lasting more than half an hour (mine puts in about 5400 ma).  I was going to run my nearly bald set of tires one more time but may try a fresh pair tonight to see if traction is the difference.

I picked up a DX3r pro today and will send my DX3s in for service.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:45 PM
nitro-rob

Someone in here ran some of the blitz rear end on their firestorm.  I remember a photo with the bumper to shock tower brace on it.  I will check out my blitz later and get back on this.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:58 PM
DarksideVR

I don't own both but, those parts should swap.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:46 PM
nitro-rob

The problem I see is the body posts aren't in the same place.

I am loving the new radio.  It has a much crisper feel than before and the backlit screen is nice a night which is when I almost always drive my storm.  
The slipper clutch shaft threads are weak and the nut keeps loosening up.  It was loosening gradually at first but now happens within a run.  Thats why I was blowing so many slipper pads and lost my wheelies for a while.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:06 AM
tails13

The problem I see is the body posts aren't in the same place.
If that's the only issue then that's awesome. I'm currently running a proline Baja Bug body on my storm that I used on my Nitro Firestorm. As the body posts are already further back on the Nitro Storm the holes should line up. At the moment I'm flexing some long rear body posts back into the body holes.

I found the other person who ran the Blitz rear end, it was DARKWAV, who also used the Baja Bug body. I'm still not sure if I'll do it or not yet, I just want to stiffen up the rear end as I find it flexes so much, especially compared to the Nitro Storm with the alloy chassis.

Old 06-19-2011, 03:11 AM
Nitrouss

Been running 7-8 packs on my firestorm and it's really fun to drive. But i think the stock steering servo is a bit slow and weak. The wheels barely move when standing still... Are there any good, cheap and strong mg servos that will fit this car? Gonna order some more lipos from HK, so a suggestion from that site would be great

And... Are there any beadlock rims that will fit the firestorm? I hate gluing tires...

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.