Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Official E-FIRESTORM thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 07:06 PM
nitro-rob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

Oh my the flux HP is amazing.   My savage was always my favourite RC and I feel like I am working with an old friend again with the flux version.  The performance is unreal, even on 4s.  The extra weight and size of 8th scale gives a lot more feel.  I did about 12 minutes of driving and burned half a set of packs.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:12 PM
DarksideVR

Peloche- the bodies made to fit the Associated T4 will fit the EFS you just have to move the rear body posts back a little bit. I used the Proline Bulldog body on mine.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:21 AM
Peloche

Hi DarksideVR,

Thanks for the info, next time i'll go to this one

ORIGINAL: DarksideVR

Peloche- the bodies made to fit the Associated T4 will fit the EFS you just have to move the rear body posts back a little bit. I used the Proline Bulldog body on mine.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:32 PM
SillyWillie-Buh!
My Feedback: (2)

Hello all!

Most likely, I will be purchasing an E-Firestorm Flux RTR in January. What are some "out of the box" chassis parts to purchase to improve its handling?
Old 12-25-2011, 02:01 PM
nitro-rob

Welcome, there is a lot of knowledge in this forum, I suggest you reading through it. I think the first hundred pages or so is getting less relevant and is mostly repeated the last 1100 or 200 pages.

There is no standard set of mods people in here run, preference is shown everywhere. The truck in stock form is quite good, I suggest modifying as you go or break things. At the very least play with the settings on the stock truck first.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:57 AM
NoPancakemix

Ok sooo I have a big quesh i know this isnt the thread to ask this but what better thread to ask. . . . Im looking to buy a FireStorm Roller. . . Il looking to build a Street Roller to have along side my basher that is a Frankenstein of parts. . . .Ill prob pick up a roller this  summer to rebuild my basher. . . way to many parts that need to be replaced. . . .sooo before i check the sale threads does anyone have a close to stock one they are willing to let go of ^____^
Old 12-26-2011, 02:20 PM
EnglishSamuraii

Hi there,

If I were to buy the HPI E-Firestorm 10t, would the charger that comes with the car fit these NiMH batteries? Or would I have to buy a new charger?

Which of the two would you recommend?

Hope you had a good Christmas

Alex
Old 12-26-2011, 02:32 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

it will charge both of those batteries, probally rather slowly though, i would get the orion pack personally but they're both low end nihm's so i don't think you'll see a huge differance...

the lug
Old 12-26-2011, 02:56 PM
EnglishSamuraii

And I assume both batteries would fit the car? Or would i need to buy some other sort of connector?
Old 12-26-2011, 03:20 PM
rclugnut10

they'll both fit fine, and according to HPI's website the HT comes with the tam style plug which both those batts come with, it's not the best connector, but in stock form shouldn't give you any trouble, if you upgrade the motor/esc you may want to switch to a deans style plug...

the lug
Old 12-26-2011, 03:30 PM
EnglishSamuraii

I cant get the Special edition HT cause I Live in England, so I have to get the 10t. So does this come with a Tamiya plug also?
Old 12-26-2011, 03:36 PM
rclugnut10

idk HPI europe is currently being worked on

i'd check there in a few hours...

the lug
Old 12-26-2011, 03:46 PM
EnglishSamuraii

thank you very much. Sorry for the question. This will be my first RC car and I just wanna make sure I make the right decisions
Old 12-26-2011, 03:51 PM
rclugnut10

no worries, i know the feeling, the storm is a great first car it'll teach you how to drive and they are super durable...

the lug
Old 12-26-2011, 03:59 PM
NoPancakemix

Just took the strom out for the first time and its still fast for bashing FRON END NEEDS SSSSOOOOO MUCH WORK!!! . . . . SO much play i it
Old 12-27-2011, 07:35 AM
EnglishSamuraii

Got my firestorm today! Looks mint, however ive given it a 1hour charge, (on the stock battery and charger) and as soon as i try to use it the safe cut off kicks in, and it starts to 'jump' around. Is this due to there not being enough charge or is it anotherproblem?
Old 12-27-2011, 08:06 AM
nitro-rob

Turn off the low voltage cutoff.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:08 PM
EnglishSamuraii

What type of lubricants should I get? And what parts of the car should i lube up?
Old 12-28-2011, 06:50 PM
namewasdallas

I my 2nd part on the truck the other day the first was that bearing that the top shaft sits on and now I snapped a Ball stud in half hit a tiny jump, The storm didnt even get a foot of air landed sideways and snap. Worst part was the Ball stud was a rear stud that is the one next to the Rear Shock Tower.  It broke clean off which in this case isnt good because I cant get the part that threads into the Rear bulkhead/ballstud piece. I looked around to order one and I had to spend $15.00 because they are sold in a kit with the front two pieces and not sold separate...

Anyways Santa brought me some R/C goodies for Xmas bunch of Losi shock fluids 25wt, 27.5wt, 30wt, 35wt. Along with some Silicone Diff Fluid, Losi 7000ct, 5000ct and 3000ct.

I took the diff out and cleaned that crap grease and added 5000ct because I run on loose soil so it will give me a little more traction the the 3000ct but also keep the truck from pushing in the turns and making it easier to drive. The Gear diff is super smooth compaired to the Grease I even did my Losi Scte 4x4 which I run 7000ct in the front 5000ct middle and 3000ct rear.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:02 PM
namewasdallas

SWILLYWILLY- There is a few things to make this truck handle better and be a better truck you can get for cheap. First and for most is Buying some Team Associated T4.1 Blue springs for the Front & Green Springs for the Rear. The stock springs are to stiff.

Another thing that isnt necessary is Shock fluid which will go along with the new springs and youll need to buy some anyways to keep on hand cause the shock fluid gets dirty running outdoors. I run only Losi shock Fluid. Ive done lots of different fluid combinations. I personally like 30wt front and 27wt rear, 30wt. all the way around is good as well and will save you $4-5 from buying 2.

One part that saves a massive 20grams which doesnt sound like alot but is when it comes to the tranny is The Blitz ese Titanium Top Shaft, Iddler Gear and Light weight Slipper setup. The extra Benefit to that is it allows you to run 2 more different spur gears 77t and 83 or 84t.

Tire's will make or brake a good handling truck or spinning out, The stock tire's are more alright the rubber is hard and on 3s Lipo they will ripp in half had it happen to me. Proline makes some Gladiators that are good for bashing and running on dirt. I'm currently running Prolines Caliabars and they are great sold my Gladiators.

This is just some stuff that is pretty cheap and makes a huge difference.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:04 AM
EnglishSamuraii

Guys I've got my firestorm two days ago and its my first rc.car. Love it at the minute but do I need to put any lubricant on the car or does it come pre lubed? And what should I use to lubricate it?

many thanks

Old 12-29-2011, 07:02 AM
namewasdallas

It comes lubbed up the Gears in the transmission have some grease on them and the Gear diff is loaded with grease. I just switched the grease in the diff over to Losi Silicone diff fluid instead of the crap grease and for a gear diff its super smooth. I would highly recommend it Cost maybe $5.00 for a tube of diff lube that will last 6-7 fills so almost a year if you clean it every month or even longer. Other then that the truck is ready to go out the box.

I would change up the shock mounting locations to gain mid cornering and exit steering,

Another quick thing to do to gain more traction is the hinge that goes through the Rear hubs there's washers on it it. Take all 3 washer and place them in front of the Hub so the Hub is all the way back, It will give you more traction because more weight is over the Rear Wheels

Have fun with it
Old 12-29-2011, 10:50 AM
NoPancakemix

Yeah i need to do a complete Trans maintenance i need some good lube too
Old 12-29-2011, 01:37 PM
EnglishSamuraii

For some reason when running the Storm the ESC LED goes red and makes a beeping noise. Is this normal? Or should it not be making the noise and glowing red?

Cheers
Old 12-29-2011, 01:41 PM
rclugnut10

when does it make this beeping sound? is it sitting idle? or is it running? do you loose control of it for a second? and how fast is the beeping? is it frequent or is it every 10 seconds or so?

the lug

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.