Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Official E-FIRESTORM thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 05:51 PM
BrokeMillMtn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

ORIGINAL: bigmd74

has anyone adapted any other bodies to the firestorm,proline,hpi ,etc....i like this http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/7161/
but i know the nitro firestorm has diffewrent shock towers.i was thinking of cutting holes in the body to let the towers come through,but im thinking that may be a little hack.

I strongly recommend against mounting the bodies from the nitro Firestorms on the E-Firestorm. You really have to hack the back end for it to mount properly. Look at my post on page 31 I got it to fit and it looks really nice sitting still but a few good tumbles and that body was trash. I used it for maybe 2 weeks and the backend completely fell apart.

Old 10-29-2008, 06:05 PM
bigmd74

yeah,im just going to order the clear dsx-2
Old 10-29-2008, 06:40 PM
mercerbeef

bigmd- heres some pics, remember you can move the rear body mounts from the back to the front of the shock towers
the rear is fairly good, its hacked because i used this shell on my xxxt, but it fits pretty good, the front isn't drilled for body posts cuz i put a mesh screen in the hood where the body posts go
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22915.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	1061717   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xt60241.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	1061718   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af89200.jpg
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	1061719   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cv62321.jpg
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	1061720   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ny26972.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	1061721  
Old 10-29-2008, 06:56 PM
bigmd74

ok i see what you mean.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:17 AM
bigmd74

can the firestorm be turned into a buggy?im sure i could get some wheels on there.but what about a body?the front mount would have to be lower,right?has anyone else thought of this?im just bored and am always looking for something to do.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:46 AM
mercerbeef

i think it can be done. jus use the bramas parts and body, arms
Old 11-02-2008, 02:22 PM
bigmd74

i was thinking more along the lines of something like an rc10 B4 buggy
Old 11-02-2008, 05:59 PM
mercerbeef

mayb you can use the jconcepts 1/10 buggy conversion kit for the t4
Old 11-02-2008, 06:01 PM
bigmd74

on the ?frestorm
Old 11-06-2008, 04:50 PM
bigmd74

u guys think this body would look ok?

http://www.shopatron.com/product/par...7260.17991.0.0
Old 11-06-2008, 07:36 PM
supercharged347

Maybe. I dont care for the way they have it painted though !!! lol
Old 11-07-2008, 05:04 AM
mog ruith

guys need a little help here regarding the stock esc that come with the firestorm im not talking bout the flux version but the brush esc
im using a dx 2 with it but cant get it to brake nor reverse so how do i go about this or anyone has experience this before?
Old 11-07-2008, 02:00 PM
meanstreak1

ORIGINAL: bigmd74

u guys think this body would look ok?

http://www.shopatron.com/product/par...7260.17991.0.0
Not my cup of T
Old 11-07-2008, 02:04 PM
meanstreak1

ORIGINAL: mog ruith

guys need a little help here regarding the stock esc that come with the firestorm im not talking bout the flux version but the brush esc
im using a dx 2 with it but cant get it to brake nor reverse so how do i go about this or anyone has experience this before?
Did you follow the instruction on adjusting the throttle trim on the transmitter? It should start out in the middle and adjust it as outlined.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:55 PM
mercerbeef

bigmd- sorry been away , if you look into the conversion kit you might be able to see what you'll need, if you know anyone with a t4 you could compare parts. when i got my fst i busted a part on the steering bellcrank, and used a t4 part to fix it. had to tweek it to fit but it still works.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:01 PM
bigmd74

thanks.ive decided not to try and do it.im always looking for different things to do.my buddy has an old scholl rc-10 he may sell to me.ive been looking to do one of those.my problem is i like the building and tinkering part more then running them sometimes.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:34 PM
mog ruith

ORIGINAL: meanstreak1

ORIGINAL: mog ruith

Did you follow the instruction on adjusting the throttle trim on the transmitter? It should start out in the middle and adjust it as outlined.
you mean the manual of the dx2 tx that im using?
Old 11-08-2008, 12:22 AM
Always Dreamin

I just read through about half of this thread, very hard on the eyes. Lots of stuff to read. I noticed most of you guys really like it. I did notice a couple of problems, for one the differential leaking out, and two the drive cups that are connected to the differential wearing out. Any other complaints I should know about? I read the first half, not the last half FYI. Right now I have the Stampede, it's pretty tough. I can land from 15 ft in the air on concrete, only thing broken was the ESC popped off the mounting plate. I have done around 20 ft (distance) in grass, and it's fine with that. Usually I don't get a ton of air, but I go far. Maybe around 15 ft of air, and 25 ft max distance. I never usually break my truck unless I run into something, and I really want something new. I love my Stampede to death, but I just want something a little more agile, something that is higher quality, with better quality parts. I think that for Christmas I will get the Firestorm. Now It's just a matter of either a E-firestorm with a Sidewinder/Mamba/VXL or just buying the Flux. I really like the black wheels that come stock on the regular E-firestorm, and I like the body better. Plus, I like being able to run the truck stock. So, that's my debate. I also have to debate how fast the truck will be with the setup I want. I really want a Sidewinder 5700 (Flux) on 2s. I think that will be a very good setup, and I could get some really high Mah batteries. But then again a 4600 on 3s would scoot, but might run a bit hot. Please feel free to let me know what you guys think I should do. Also, how fast the Flux will be on 2s, and any other problems I should know about.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:55 AM
e-firestormer

Found this e-firestorm thread a few days ago and have slowly been making my way through all 46 pages! Have had an E-firestorm flux for 5 days now and can't put it away! It is undoubtably the best RC car I have ever had for just bash'in and generally having fun. I have already swapped the rear suspesion arms around to increase the wheelbase (and reduce speed induced wheelies!!) and also swapped the suspension springs from front to back and back to front.. Sofar have run it over all sorts of terrain and despite a few scratches on the body and scruffs on the plastic chrome wheels haven't managed to break and damge it......yet.

I am very impressed so far but there are afew small things that are troubling me. I am a little dissapointed with the shocks, all four seem to have air in them and two of the four have noticably more oily crap collecting at the base of the shaft. I suspect they are slowly leaking so will have to open them up and take a look sometime soon. Besides that they work quite well although I will probably purchase new springs and shock oil one of these days.

The gear cover doesn't seem to fir that well. it looks like it needs an extra screw on the other side. I am surprised they haven't changed this as it will definately let fine grit and sand into the spur gear box.

I have never had a diff like this in a car before.........is it supose to sound a little "clicky" and feel a little rough when you hold one wheel and rotate the other? I see that there is a spring between the two bevel gears and suspect that it is just the spring pushing and meshing the two bevel gears into the other two bevel gears.

Anyway anyone who wants an awesome truck....get this one! Almost more fun than I can handle!

Cheers

David
Old 11-09-2008, 10:06 AM
mercerbeef

anyone know if the cvds are out yet?
Old 11-09-2008, 12:55 PM
bigmd74

yes they are.they are listed on the HPI site.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:58 PM
electricrcdude

Whoo hoo I got RCU Shot of the Moment with my 'Storm!
Old 11-09-2008, 07:06 PM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: Always Dreamin

I just read through about half of this thread, very hard on the eyes. Lots of stuff to read. I noticed most of you guys really like it. I did notice a couple of problems, for one the differential leaking out, and two the drive cups that are connected to the differential wearing out. Any other complaints I should know about? I read the first half, not the last half FYI. Right now I have the Stampede, it's pretty tough. I can land from 15 ft in the air on concrete, only thing broken was the ESC popped off the mounting plate. I have done around 20 ft (distance) in grass, and it's fine with that. Usually I don't get a ton of air, but I go far. Maybe around 15 ft of air, and 25 ft max distance. I never usually break my truck unless I run into something, and I really want something new. I love my Stampede to death, but I just want something a little more agile, something that is higher quality, with better quality parts. I think that for Christmas I will get the Firestorm. Now It's just a matter of either a E-firestorm with a Sidewinder/Mamba/VXL or just buying the Flux. I really like the black wheels that come stock on the regular E-firestorm, and I like the body better. Plus, I like being able to run the truck stock. So, that's my debate. I also have to debate how fast the truck will be with the setup I want. I really want a Sidewinder 5700 (Flux) on 2s. I think that will be a very good setup, and I could get some really high Mah batteries. But then again a 4600 on 3s would scoot, but might run a bit hot. Please feel free to let me know what you guys think I should do. Also, how fast the Flux will be on 2s, and any other problems I should know about.
anyone?...
Old 11-10-2008, 01:48 PM
meanstreak1

Yes, the manual tells how to trim the transmitter. If you have already done that and it is still no good then obviously you have other problems
Old 11-10-2008, 01:56 PM
meanstreak1

ORIGINAL: Always Dreamin

I don't have a Stampede but I love the Flux. The bodies are the same except for the paint. I think the Red Flux is hot though the Red Stock is hot also. It's fast enough with a 2S but it depends on what you are used to. I also have an E Firestorm with Traxas Brushless setup that I bought used and that was really fast even running NIMH. The car was beat to hell by the previous owner and something was loose in the front end causing me to crash it so it is sitting idle with a cracked bulhead, which I need to order.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.