Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

your worst crash or outta controll rc

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 02:35 AM
savtraxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default your worst crash or outta controll rc

well my t maxx 2.5 went outta controll full speed across a ovel and nearly hit a lil girl..oh did her daddy nearly stomp me. and ive never realy had a bad crash my, i just found my max stopped in a ditch*probly outta fuel anyway the engine was sorta screwed after that.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:39 AM
omg no name

Default RE: your worst crash or outta controll rc

i took my traxxas rustler off a jump and it hit the ground really hard and broke both of the a arms and snapped the front part of my body... i had to replace the a arms so many times since i had it
Old 03-23-2008, 04:16 AM
savtraxx

are the a arms the part that always brakes?
Old 03-23-2008, 04:18 AM
omg no name

yea
Old 03-23-2008, 07:39 AM
billdee

i have a nito kyosho mad force,big block and a three speed tranny.very fast .well after sitting for a while i took it out for a test run and a twig got stuck in carb spring and the thing took off at full speed never to be seen in one pc again.can't get the parts to re build it which realy stinks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40465.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	911145  
Old 03-23-2008, 07:51 AM
rcluke

my mate turned on his TT-01 before his transmitter.

This caused it to get interference and launch off the table at full speed and into some guys nuts, needless to say he needed to sit down
Old 03-23-2008, 08:17 AM
beenbreto

Servo saver works wonders!! Before i had mine, my ofna went WOT stright into a curb did about $80 in dammage new shocks, shock tower needless to say another $25 on top of the$80 for the servo saver. since then no more problems!!!!
Old 03-23-2008, 09:22 AM
Elmo6s
My Feedback: (1)

A few years back I got a brand new Nitro Rustler 2.5 and my grass was slightly wet. Ran it anyway. The throttle servo got stuck wide open and steering went also. Ended up hitting a wall at about 40, and it kept running into the wall, destroying the entire front end, both servos, and melting the entire tranny. So much for my brand new truck
Old 03-23-2008, 12:35 PM
novakmaxx

mine was my t-maxx 3.3 I started the motor but forgot to turn on any thing else. It was stuck in full thortle. It hit a tree and flipped over when it was still going full thortle. I broke a top arm and bent a shocks.
Old 03-23-2008, 12:40 PM
novakmaxx

and my e-maxx. A screw fell out of the front tie rod. I had no steering. I hit a car going about 30 mph. I broke a skid plate, 2 bulk heads, a axle, and lost a center cvd.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:59 PM
Medrivfast

In my Revo i did a back flip and landed perfectly up-side down. That's how i snapped the crank case in half on my O.S. 18TM
Old 03-23-2008, 02:13 PM
SixShooterInd

I custom built a Funny car to try the drag racing scene. the set up i had didnt have a speed control what it did was a servo moved and flipped a switch that ran the batteries strait to the motor, used a custom made 3000 matched 10 cell to a 7 turn double. I went to test it out infront of my house and the car took off the best i had ever seen, then it happend, the sevo batteries took a crap and i couldnt shut it off, the funny car ran into a neighbors car at about 70+ MPH, When i got over there i noticed that the car had wedged itself under the tire. I had to ask him to move his car so i could get my car out from undernieth his tire, well that car was done and never tried to make another one.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:26 PM
aftermarket
My Feedback: (2)

That must suck... Well, my story: I've been careful...worst that happened, my wheel fell off and I slid into a gutter indention on the side of my street, scratched up, but fine.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:36 PM
djangomangalam
My Feedback: (8)

I was being stupid. I gave my friend the opportunity to drive my rustler (XL-5/brushed motor) with a lipo in it. Friend took it on a full speed test run (about 35-40) heading directly toward us. He didn't stop in time and it crashed into a bike. It bent the turnbuckles and front knuckles, the suspension arms also snapped. It was a pretty bad crash. But it was my fault and I learned my lesson.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:47 PM
rymansl2

ORIGINAL: savtraxx

well my t maxx 2.5 went outta controll full speed across a ovel and nearly hit a lil girl..oh did her daddy nearly stomp me. and ive never realy had a bad crash my, i just found my max stopped in a ditch*probly outta fuel anyway the engine was sorta screwed after that.
The worst thats happened to me was my Evader hitting a fallen tree stump at full speed. I was highly annoyed that day after a very annoying drive home and I had planned on racing against my brother's new Rustler when I got home. Since traffic was so bad it was getting dark out by the time I pulled into the driveway. Even though it was dusk my brother and I still went out to race. Well, let me say that depth perception isn't at its greatest when its kinda dark out . We started racing and I came around a corner where there was a big tree stump on the ground and instead of dodging it like I thought I did, I ended up hitting it head on at about 25 mph (this was when it had the stock motor). I heard a nice crunch sound and sure enough my shock tower and front right arm pretty much shattered. Thank god it was only the stock motor and not my brushless or there probably wouldn't be anything left of that poor car, lol.

Lesson of the story is not to drive rc cars when its getting dark out.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:47 PM
shaunmichaeljohnson

well my worst model failure was my 28cc gas powered airboat.
i didn't extend the antenna on an AM radio and i had no failsafe.
so while in the park (these boats are amfibious) it went WOT right across the park, hit the path and jumped it, into the skate park hit a ramp off to the side and fliped upsidedown, basicly total carnage!!!!

but my worst rc car accident included am radio + wet carpark and som random guys car[]
shaun
Old 03-23-2008, 04:32 PM
aftermarket
My Feedback: (2)

I know this is dumb but...what does w.o.t. mean? ty
Old 03-23-2008, 05:18 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

My friend likes to stand right in the middle of the street while driving his r/c's and well lets just say I hit him at about 45mph with my old brushless rustler. Thank god only the tire clipped him or something seriously bad coulda happened. The rustler wasnt so fortune though... Broken A-arm, camberlink, turnbuckle, cracked rim, shattered bearing.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:07 PM
ryuhito

Post GTB 3.5, pre-Spektrum radio, my buddies XXX-S decided to shoot across the parking lot, slam into the curb and cause carnage. We both got Spektrums the next day. Only $40 worth of damage or so, but it was impressive.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:18 PM
Haulin Azz

this really isn't crashing or outta control, but i just want to know what people think of my [link=http://www.rcuvideos.com/item/LL3YL99RTD0GLCNH]VIDEO[/link]
Old 03-23-2008, 06:20 PM
Haulin Azz

oh and all my vids, you just type mlst mlst2 in the search to see them, i ramp off my 2 ft high and 4 ft long aluminum ramp
Old 03-23-2008, 06:25 PM
Haulin Azz

here is [link=http://www.rcuvideos.com/item/B7QWBKM42VFV4QKY]Part 2[/link]
Old 03-23-2008, 06:28 PM
ELK

my worst crash is when i got a new venom fireball on a brand new venom 300 Mah battery and went down my street and crashed into a concreat storm drain which i lost a wheel and a battery in the drain broke the chassis and every thing on the right side
Old 03-23-2008, 06:29 PM
Haulin Azz

at least u didnt lose the whole car[X(]
Old 03-23-2008, 06:33 PM
ELK

ik but my dad had me wait six months to get it fixxed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.