Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

THE Official Traxxas E-REVO Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 05:26 PM
mycarisaser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: THE Official Traxxas E-REVO Thread

ORIGINAL: EReVoNuT

So are the losi 420s the same as proline 40s ?

Yes
Old 05-27-2009, 05:58 PM
vge

Hey guys whats the original gear ratio in the eRevo? Right now I am trying to figure out how fast my erevo is going with stock gears and the stock pinion that came with the Mamba monster motor. I am getting ready to drop a 19/65 in it and wodered how much more speed i would get?
Old 05-27-2009, 06:02 PM
mycarisaser

The brushed version was 19/68 and the brushless is 18/65 "I belive"
Old 05-27-2009, 06:06 PM
vge

Cool thanks a mill.

ORIGINAL: mycarisaser

The brushed version was 19/68 and the brushless is 18/65 "I belive"
Old 05-27-2009, 06:13 PM
EReVoNuT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So are the losi 420s the same as proline 40s ?

Yes
Cool, Thanks.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:41 PM
mycarisaser

The losi superbolt on tire have awsome grip! The most out of any tire I have used
Old 05-27-2009, 10:24 PM
EReVoNuT

Im looking at batteries and was thinking about these http://www.specpointbatteries.com/in...p?productID=61

Is 20c ok for the MMM?

Old 05-27-2009, 10:32 PM
brett_saville

Im looking at batteries and was thinking about these http://www.specpointbatteries.com/in...p?productID=61

Is 20c ok for the MMM?

You have to remeber that it's not only the C rating that matters. It's the C rating combined with Mah. In the case of those 20C x 8aH = 160amps which will be plenty. I have the 12C variety of those and they work great so you should be fine with the ones you have linked.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:30 AM
EReVoNuT

ORIGINAL: brett_saville

Is 20c ok for the MMM?

You have to remeber that it's not only the C rating that matters. It's the C rating combined with Mah. In the case of those 20C x 8aH = 160amps which will be plenty. I have the 12C variety of those and they work great so you should be fine with the ones you have linked.
Sweet. Thanks Brett.

Now I gotta figure out what I need to charge/balance 2 packs at the same time with the MRC super brain 989.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:00 PM
vge

Just wanted to know if you could push 55mph with two 7.4v lipos using 24/54 ratio? Also is it the current that makes your car much faster or the voltage that makes it much faster with lipos?
Old 05-28-2009, 01:53 PM
EReVoNuT

Im getting a few sets of spare tires andI cant decide which 40 series to get.
Ive got mashers,Mulchers and baadlands for MT size.

What is your choice for 40 series?

The big Joes look nice but I really cant decide,

Im kinda leaning towards some onroad road ragetires since ive already got a bunch for offroad.
But I dont know.

What would you get?

Edit:

What rockers come on the ERBE?
Im trying to figure it out so I can order the Red rods.

Edit 2: I figured out they come with P2 rockers

Old 05-31-2009, 05:12 AM
EReVoNuT

Wow it got quite.

Well Im probably not going to get any 40 series tires. I dont want to add to much weight.
I will probalbly stick with the MT size.
Plus Im thinking of getting my kids the 1/16th Revo.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:47 AM
martin34

If you run on grass i would get the losi zombie maxx's.A brilliant tyre.It has gone kind of quiet in here.Its my fault tho as whenever i get a new car and find a decent thread about it the thread seems to die.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:29 PM
EReVoNuT

ORIGINAL: martin34

If you run on grass i would get the losi zombie maxx's.A brilliant tyre.It has gone kind of quiet in here.Its my fault tho as whenever i get a new car and find a decent thread about it the thread seems to die.
I almost forgot about the Zombies! I gotta get a set of those too.
Will they fit the Rulux rims? I may Just get some RPM rims for them.

And yeah It died quick hopefully it comes back to life.lol

Old 05-31-2009, 08:04 PM
moparmyway

OK, now I have broken several front left upper arms from cartwheels. I just broke my Axle carrier on therear left and it also broke the differential housing and mounts. Broke the frame also. Hit a curb at well over 60mph trying out a set of new tires, torque while having wheel spin pushed me over, and by the time I realized that I was gunna hit, it was too late !!!! I hit sideways as I was still slippin to the left, it threw her up in the air about 10 feet high and close to 50 feet away when she landed. The following cartwheels let her travel another 30 feet. Drivers rear driveshaft now binds on differential carrier housing !!!!

Does anyone have a good replacement frame to reccomend, or should I just stay with the stock one ???

I tried the RPM arms................................didnt see any difference, they broke on a cartwheel also, so I am sticking with the stock ones there
I have the Traxxas extended rear arms and love them !!!!! BIG difference in acceleration before wheelies, I am sticking with those
I just put in the RPM axle carriers in the rear when I noticed the more extensive damage, I thought it was just the carrier that broke.........OOOOOOPS!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-31-2009, 10:18 PM
EReVoNuT

ORIGINAL: martin34

Hey I just noticed the Zombies are not on the losi site anymore. Even Horizonhobby doesnt have them either.I know for a fact Horizon had them before. Wonder why there not theere anymore.

I wonder whats up with that? I can find them on ebay and other sites but not on the 2 they should be on. Thats whack.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:20 PM
EReVoNuT

ORIGINAL: moparmyway

OK, now I have broken several front left upper arms from cartwheels. I just broke my Axle carrier on therear left and it also broke the differential housing and mounts. Broke the frame also. Hit a curb at well over 60mph trying out a set of new tires, torque while having wheel spin pushed me over, and by the time I realized that I was gunna hit, it was too late !!!! I hit sideways as I was still slippin to the left, it threw her up in the air about 10 feet high and close to 50 feet away when she landed. The following cartwheels let her travel another 30 feet. Drivers rear driveshaft now binds on differential carrier housing !!!!

Does anyone have a good replacement frame to reccomend, or should I just stay with the stock one ???

I tried the RPM arms................................didnt see any difference, they broke on a cartwheel also, so I am sticking with the stock ones there
I have the Traxxas extended rear arms and love them !!!!! BIG difference in acceleration before wheelies, I am sticking with those
I just put in the RPM axle carriers in the rear when I noticed the more extensive damage, I thought it was just the carrier that broke.........OOOOOOPS!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry to hear about your carnage!

So what do you like better the traxxas carriers or the RPM?

I was going to get a set of RPM arms but I think ill jusst get traxxas extended rears.

Old 06-01-2009, 03:35 AM
moparmyway

I was going to get a set of RPM arms but I think ill jusst get traxxas extended rears.

I havent driven with the RPM carriers yet, so I realy shouldnt say which are better.
The RPM's seem to be able to get dirt into the pivot ball area because they have an opening for the hex to make adjustments, so I will be watching for that. This was a very hard hit, she also happened to snag the spot where the drain in the curb meets the curb, a very nice crevis that just hooked the back left tire, causing some carnage. If it was just the curb, I think I would have been OK with just a carrier swap, but now I must tear her apart totally to swap the frame.

I love the extended rear arms, lets me put more throttle into her before she wheelies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Handles MUCH better under acceleration also, but you MUST adjust caster, toe,and camber when you are done. The swap was fast, the adjustments were SLOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-01-2009, 10:31 AM
EReVoNuT

ORIGINAL: moparmyway

I havent driven with the RPM carriers yet, so I realy shouldnt say which are better.
The RPM's seem to be able to get dirt into the pivot ball area because they have an opening for the hex to make adjustments, so I will be watching for that. This was a very hard hit, she also happened to snag the spot where the drain in the curb meets the curb, a very nice crevis that just hooked the back left tire, causing some carnage. If it was just the curb, I think I would have been OK with just a carrier swap, but now I must tear her apart totally to swap the frame.

I love the extended rear arms, lets me put more throttle into her before she wheelies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Handles MUCH better under acceleration also, but you MUST adjust caster, toe,and camber when you are done. The swap was fast, the adjustments were SLOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ya I hear that. When I had A XXX it took awhile to get everything adjusted right.

Thanks for the info on the arms.

Let me know what you think of the RPM carriers after a few runs.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:14 AM
mycarisaser

I loved how well the extended rear arms made the truck feel BUT I couldnt keep a rear bulkhead in her either. Since I have put the rpm rear arms on I havent broke a bulk since(Broke 8 of them with the extended rear arms)

Old 06-01-2009, 12:40 PM
EReVoNuT

I loved how well the extended rear arms made the truck feel BUT I couldnt keep a rear bulkhead in her either. Since I have put the rpm rear arms on I havent broke a bulk since(Broke 8 of them with the extended rear arms)

Are you useing the True-trac RPMs in the rear?

Old 06-01-2009, 01:00 PM
EReVoNuT

Hey guys, If Im only going to run 4s should I just stick with the stock shafts?
Old 06-01-2009, 01:46 PM
mycarisaser

Im not useing the true tracks, just rpms standard arm.

There are a few people that get away with useing the stock driveshafts but Im not one of thoses people. I couldnt keep the stock shfts very long. After about 4 sets of them I decieded to get some cvds. Been good since. I use the smc 9k 28c 2sx2 lipos. 6s is just to crazy and its no fun just doing speed runs

Old 06-01-2009, 01:50 PM
mycarisaser

I just got back from running mye-revo at Grave Diggers 1/5th scale rc track. It was cool b/c my lap times were better than the 1/5ths time. Yeahhhh!!! I do have to saythe baja 5s are really fast and could barely stay ahead of them. They eat up the huge ruts and holebetter than me but I killed them out of the turns
Old 06-01-2009, 02:36 PM
vge

I just got back from running mye-revo at Grave Giggers 1/5th scale rc track. It was cool b/c my lap times were better than the 1/5ths time. Yeahhhh!!! I do have to saythe baja 5s are really fast and could barely stay ahead of them. They eat up the huge ruts and holebetter than me but I killed them out of the turns
Yeah a basic brushless setup can take most 5th scales. I know with my eRevo and mamba monster/2200 setup I was able to take a 5T with a 29cc motor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.