Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Trinity Li-Pro 4500 lipo

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 10:25 PM
BINFORD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trinity Li-Pro 4500 lipo

Are the Trinity Li-Pro batteries any good?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXTAV3&P=ML
Old 04-25-2008, 12:34 AM
gman1

Default RE: Trinity Li-Pro 4500 lipo

That is an excellent Lipo battery for a good price to. Some Nimh packs cost more than that. Remember this: Once you go Lipo, you will never go back.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:45 AM
bulldawg rc

i have heard many mixed reviews, try it out and see if it has enough punch for you. if it doesn't, then try this one. These are EXCELLENT!

[link=http://www.bulldawgrc.com/tr492sliba7.html]http://www.bulldawgrc.com/tr492sliba7.html[/link]
Old 04-25-2008, 12:43 PM
DARKWAV

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I was thinking about going with the Trinity Li-Pro for my first LiPo, as it is specifically designed for cars with the hard case, and the Align balance plug appears to be gaining more popularity. That cutoff feature is pretty nice from the perspective that you can throw the battery in any vehicle and go without needing external voltage cutoff or an ESC with LiPo voltage cutoff. Even for a readily programmable ESC like Sidewinder/Flux Motive, MM, MMM you could run your NiMH and then throw in the Li-Pro right after without having to mess with ESC programming. However I think some of the features it has like built-in cutoff may actually reduce performance and the battery may not hold charge as well overnight.

The Trakpower 4900 I hear is punchy. It looks pretty clean too without anything dongling from it. Guess you'll need to use the Trakpower or Checkpoint balancer with it though which I guess would lock you into using Trakpower/Checkpoint batteries in the future. I was pretty close to going with Trakpower myself.

However the new hard case Reedy 2-cell car LiPo's hit the shelves this week. Tower and other Websites have them available now. I would be surprized if my LHS didn't have these available today. The Reedy comes in a 5000 mAh (available with 12 AWG no connector and 14AWG tamiya plug) and 3200 mAh (14AWG Tamiya plug). They're 20C batteries. I think it uses the Align plug but haven't been able to confirm that yet. The Reedy 5000 Pro should be on its way out to me already.

I'm really glad to see more hard-case Lipo choices out there now.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:55 PM
RCminded

I have one and it sucks. I bought it and put it in my B4 with a castle 7700. For a while it was awesome. blistering speed and 20 min run times. the car was so torquey I couldn;t give it full throttle without it flipping over. now after about 15 cycles it has no punch I can get on it at all or my esc gives out, due to the cut off voltage. I tryed balancing but it didn't help. I had intended on buying many more batteries but now I think I will try some thing else. I think a little more money will get me a lot more quality. I don't now it has just been my experience. I will be keeping it to power my lower power stuff that doesn't draw as much. I ran it through two boats yesterday one one charge because I would get tired of running the boat before the battery would give out.

just my $.02