Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

EVX-2 In a clod buster ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 01:36 PM
djr01974

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVX-2 In a clod buster ?

Was wondering if anyone has put the emaxx exv-2 system in a super clod buster and if so how did it work out ... thanks .
Old 05-04-2008, 02:31 PM
R/C fan-addict

Default RE: EVX-2 In a clod buster ?

it should work just fine, go for it! I might suggest that you upgrade your motors to the s-600 motors by great planes. They do have an 8.4V limit, but I, and many other members have found that they can take 14.4V and some have experimented with 16.8V as well. Their performance skyrockets when they are overvolted and they are very robust motors. They only cost $16 each from tower hobbies too and in some head to head comparisons as well as comparing specs a dual s-600 system in an emaxx seems to perform better than the HV 6.5 maxx which costs several $100 more! If you need more info on the motors, you can search for one of my many posts about them or just shoot me a PM : )
Old 05-04-2008, 02:38 PM
djr01974

cool thanks . do you know how I can fit two batteries in the clod ? or should I do one and just the other plug ?
Old 05-04-2008, 05:49 PM
R/C fan-addict

I would try to fit 2 batteries in somehow if you can. Performance really ramps up, that said I don't own a clod so I have no idea how you would attach a second battery. I'm sure using some zip ties, or velcro straps or just strips of velcro you could figure something out. I did a quick search on what a stock clod chassis looks like and it seemed to me that you could just strap a battery to the top of the chassis, over the electronics.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Lunchboxer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmm.. maybe check out the Clod thread?!
Old 10-07-2008, 11:20 AM
mazdaprotege4
My Feedback: (32)

I have found that it is really hard to fit the 550 titan motors into a stock chassis. In fact I actually had to go to a custom chassis just to make it work.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:16 AM
mindwreck

theres more than enough room to hold 2 packs in teh chassis. just find some way to strap them down. velcro?