Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Rustler vxl or Associated rc10t4

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 02:51 PM
DS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rustler vxl or Associated rc10t4

I estimated i will have 300 dollars to spen on an rc. I narrowed it down between these two vehicles. Im just looking for a great basher, maybe racable, fun, fast definitaly, and durable. Now i could get a rc10t4 with a charger and 2 battery's. Or a Traxxas Rustler vxl and have brushless with a cheap charger, and a 3300nimh battery. So which one and why?? and maybe some pics too maybe?
Old 05-07-2008, 02:57 PM
hollylx88

Default RE: Rustler vxl or Associated rc10t4

the t4 is a better truck for racing, and handles better, the vxl is just all about going fast. i think the t4 is engineered a little better and built to handle and preform better. not to say that the vxl isn't a good truck. if you're stricktly bashing, i have no doubts that you would be very happy with either truck, and probably have to side more with the vxl in terms of out of the box speed and power, but for racing definatly the t4. you get what you pay for, especially when you're racing. i do however thing the e-firestorm flux is a happy medium of the two, its brushless and will preform well out of the box, and i personally think it has more racing potential then the vxl. you may have a wait till the end of the moth for the flux. tower has it for $310, but with a discount it should be around 285, which i know doesn't leave you much for batteries or a charger, but it may very well be worth it.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:12 PM
DS

flux to much, i will be bashing the most, very rarly racing unless a nearby track al of a sudden pops up
Old 05-07-2008, 03:26 PM
The Hedgehog

If you are even considering racing, T4 is the way to go
Old 05-07-2008, 03:37 PM
DS

well probably not so then just get the vxl
Old 05-07-2008, 03:39 PM
DS

after seeing this i want the vxl it smoked the t4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNa4m...eature=related
Old 05-07-2008, 03:50 PM
hollylx88

what it comes down it is electronics, the rtr t4 is a great truck, well designed, and is definately more of a racing then the rustler. but what it comes down to between the two trucks is electronics. personally i think the AE, lrp, reedy, are better quality electronics to begine with, but the vxl was designed simply for going fast. having the fastest truck won't always win races, and as you can see that video was put up with traxxas staff, i'm sure they wouldn't try to show off their products losing races. but anyways, the electronics in the t4 are entry level and while good for the class, they're not especially "fast", because its their ready to run truck, but that's why they offer kits, without electronics.

I really feel the t4 is a better quality truck with much more potential, but if going fast is your only concern, then the rustler is fine. you're sort of comparing apples to oranges here. if you're not going to be compeditive and more or less do fun runs at a track, then the vxl is fine, but again, for anything competition, the t4 is bar non the way to go.

little things like the esc mounting farther back centered by the shock tower in the vxl, they way it to hook up and wheely, vs being more concerned about balance and precision.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:56 PM
DS

thanks so what would be a good basher then to compare with the vxl. Alls im mainly looking for is a great basher? On the rc104 whats the max speed?
Old 05-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Chris_RC

what about the E-Firestorm 10t???? It's only $190, verry durable I hear, and has been geeting great reviews. PLus, you will have more money left over. The faster you go the more parts you break. so if you are pushing the edge with a rustler vxl, and say you slam it into the curb a 50, it will cost you alot more then at 30mph.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:56 AM
DS

so you think that is better then the losi dt
Old 05-26-2008, 08:36 PM
10t4

hey srry just a noob question wondering what do u think is a stronger truck the rc 10t4 or the e firestorm dont care for speed or anything just want a strong durable truck that wont fall apart
Old 05-26-2008, 11:52 PM
calvino

ook, i can back up the "fastest doesn't allways mean winner", i have an 18T with a 19T modified motor, and this truck screams, compare that to my sisters 18T (pulls about 18MPH max), and she smokes me on the number of laps and lap times around our little backyard track, plus i hate to admit it, she was driving better than me[&:], but the 2 wining combos are, a RLY good truck, and LOTS of skill[8D], IMO i agree, if thinkin bout racing, get the T4, seen lots of them racing, they do awesome...
Old 05-26-2008, 11:55 PM
fm2h3

T4 is better plus u will get more run time and put less money into it please for your own good get a t4
Old 05-26-2008, 11:59 PM
Nik.

xxxt-cr or t4 absolutely if you are going to race

traxxas cars are for n00bs and people who run up and down the street. "mine goes faster, my vxl will smoke your car" LOL
Old 05-27-2008, 12:03 AM
calvino

ORIGINAL: Nik.

xxxt-cr or t4 absolutely if you are going to race

traxxas cars are for n00bs and people who run up and down the street. "mine goes faster, my vxl will smoke your car" LOL
that and learning on, can credit my friends rusty (thank GOD it was rly slow), for teachin me how to drive an RC , ya, i agree, lets stay away from traxxas (thats what little flamers... use)
Old 05-27-2008, 12:21 AM
XavierG

Get a rustler..t4 is slow and boring..
Old 05-27-2008, 01:23 AM
simplecj

The Rustler VXL is awesome, and you can mod whatever you want. There's weak parts, but you can always be smart about upgrading the weaker points with aluminum. Also, if you don't like the electronics of the VXL then you can change that out too. Personally I'm a basher and I'm going with the Sidewinder ESC and the Velenion motor, geared down a bit cause I don't care about being soo fast i can't control it!

What ever you get, you're going to break the stock stuff if you're just into bashing and off-road, it seems to me that Traxxas parts are more plentiful and often cheaper with a lot of upgrade options.

I'm now up to about $600(not including batteries and charger) into my VXL with the Sidewinder upgrade and a lot of aluminum parts, but I think I'm getting close to having it virtually bullet proof! We'll see after I get this last batch of parts in....

Number one investment for any basher vehicle... A BIG FLEXIBLE BUMPER!!!! RPM makes an excellent one for the Rustler....

EDIT: I've seen several video posts of the VXL Rustler absolutely stomping even nitro trucks, supposedly the Rustler is quickly earning a name as a great top racing vehicle.
Old 05-27-2008, 02:55 AM
Redvanmafia

Firestorm flux
Old 03-16-2009, 01:32 PM
KOD

I like the VXL, but you really do sound nOObish bragging about them. It's better left a sleeper. Go with RPM A-arms and axle carriers, Big Bore shocks, Ti rods,... The list goes on and on. Ok back to sleep. VXL-ftw!
Old 03-16-2009, 02:04 PM
TIGER76

[traxxas cars are for n00bs and people who run up and down the street. "mine goes faster, my vxl will smoke your car" LOL
ya, i agree, lets stay away from traxxas (thats what little flamers... use)
LOL at the traxxas haters for members who have that many post counts youd think they could offer better advice really

So you dont like traxxas who cares, My advice to the OP is if your serious about getting into racing get the T4 is made for racing has better handling and many setup options for fun grab the vxl if you can handle an rc you wont have many problems getting it around a track and there built solid so mistakes you can get away with.

Old 03-16-2009, 03:55 PM
pr2niceandspiffy
My Feedback: (2)

Go with the t4. i have had one for about a year now and all i have broke is a caster block
and a chassis. But the only reason the chassis broke was because someone t boned me.
i even have a novak 8.5 and its fast. i sometimes race but i usually bash and a good
basher to.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:49 PM
Chris_RC

Oh god. This thread was revived.

XavierG, your the PERFECT example of a completely biased Traxxas user! "Get a rustler..t4 is slow and boring.." Well considering you had the guts to say that, you msut of had a bunch of T4s right? Your just someone who gets a Traxxas, and has "my car is faster than yours!!!!" races in the driveway with other rustler, and have never driven anything of high quality. Face it, the rustler is a low quality, cheap, outdated car. If it wasnt for the biased Traxxas fans who thinks the rustler is the greatest thing since sliced bread, the Rustler wouldnt be popular at all.

And to all who say the rustler/bandit is GREAT at racing, how many rustlers/bandits were at the ROAR Nats and how many bandits were at the worlds (2wd truck isnt popular internationally). This is because they handle horrendously, and are really heavy. Race kits are ready to race right out of the box. Also to the video where the rustler won, give a 10 year old kid a t4, and give a pro a rustler, who is gonna win? the pro.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:12 PM
Sorimatsu

ya speed isnt everything, but the rustler is not outdated, it is just designed with the average basher in mind. therefore, if your going to race (and you dont want to put alot of money into a rustler to make it race decently) go with a t4, losi trucks are alright, but i havent had a great time with mine.(probally got a lemon) but for mostly bashing and for-fun races at the local track both cars will do nice, but i do reccomend if you get a rustler to just get the normal version and put a Orian BB 17t in it. (titans are crap)

edit: I relize my name might imply im biased towards traxxas but at the time i made this it was all i had/knew about. i still like my cars but there are definatly better ones out there.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:16 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: trxsnewbie16

but the rustler is not outdated,
YES it is! They had the rustler kit, XL1, XL5, VXL, and XL5 with new body. They really took it WAY further than it needs to go. Some companies put out a new truck/buggy every year (i.e. losi, xxx-t mf1, mf2, cr, xxxbk2, bk2, cr, etc) and Traxxas hasnt done anything in 16 years!

Phillips screws and wheel bushing are not outdated!?
Old 03-16-2009, 08:19 PM
Sorimatsu

they havent really needed to change it have they? it still sells better than any other car at my LHS, but i agree with you on the bushings and phillips screws, they really need to fix that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.