Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

converting rustler to stsmpede

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 10:56 AM
countrystunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default converting rustler to stsmpede

what do i need, i found a chassis set for a stampede, will all of my rustler parts bolt on.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:10 AM
Always Dreamin

Default RE: converting rustler to stsmpede

I converted mine a while back. There was a thread on it. Swami has a conversion kit. The kit was made in the time of the xl-1's, but the parts are still the same. Just grey.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:20 PM
countrystunter

so can i just bolt the rustler stuff(trans, a-arms, steerinf belcrank) TO THE STAMPEDE CHASSIS.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:12 PM
Airmicro
My Feedback: (2)

The two trucks are almost identical, except a few things, and the steering is one of them! The rustler as you stated is bellcrank, and the Pede has the servo saver directly on the servo with the tie-rods directly to that. The tie-rods are also different lengths because of this, and they are longer to reach all the way over to the servo instead of the tie bar as the rustler has.

The rustler's body mounts are also different, so those will need to be purchased for the Pede also. Things like the tranny, arms etc. are the same, while the gearing is different too. Its not a huge deal to convert one because of them being so close to the same, but there are some things you'll need other than just the chassis.

Why not do like others have, including me, and make your Rustler a bigger, wider truck, somewhat like the Pede, but better handling and better steering. I widened mine (which is great for a Rusty or Pede) then I lifted it a bit and bolted on Pede tires and wheels. I'd shoot a pic to you, but I don't have my camera here. Look around, or type in rustler to pede conversion and it should bring up some pics of others that have done this! Make a great truck!
Old 05-15-2008, 10:27 AM
redbarton

Go ahead, join the Dark Side of RC, convert your Rustler to a 'Pede! Here is the link to Swami's old conversion page:

[link=http://www.swami-rc.com/StampedeConversion.htm]http://www.swami-rc.com/StampedeConversion.htm[/link]

Get a Kimbrough servo saver instead of the Traxxas part though.

My Rustler gave in to the ways some would call "unnatural":
[link=http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72322][/link]
Old 05-15-2008, 01:04 PM
Dudelive

If you do the wide conversion and leave it as a rustler it will handle a little better. Drop the pinion to a 15t - 16t and use mashers all around will be almost as good. You won't have the ground clearance the stampede does but the center of gravity will be lower which will result is being more stable. The reason I dropped to 15t - 16t is I am running a modified brushed motor, just have not went brushless yet.

On my riustler, I use pins on the front and mashers on rear for rough off-roading as well as grass and no problem.