Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

lil cuz getting into rc.

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 05:40 PM
ELK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lil cuz getting into rc.

he is 8 years old this will be his first hobby grade rc so nothing to crazy.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:03 PM
Always Dreamin

Default RE: lil cuz getting into rc.

Evader EXT or a Mini.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:21 PM
ELK

he wants a rustler, but i told him since he lives on an half an acre i told him to get a stampede. my rustler gets bogged down in th grass, and his street is too busy to use rcs.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:26 PM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: COPS HATE ME

he wants a rustler, but i told him since he lives on an half an acre i told him to get a stampede. my rustler gets bogged down in th grass, and his street is too busy to use rcs.
So what's your question?
Old 06-08-2008, 06:29 PM
ELK

he needs convincing to go electric first then nitro so after this thread is done i'm make him read it.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:33 PM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: COPS HATE ME

he needs convincing to go electric first then nitro so after this thread is done i'm make him read it.
If he likes nitro so much, let him get it. Just let him know ahead of time that you don't know anything about nitro's and you won't be able to help him fix it. It's pretty simple, really. Electric rocks. Your cousin is obviously overwhelmed at the smell and sound of nitro. If he cannot get past that, then he will have to learn the hard way. Electrics can be fun, simple, and easy to run. Nitro's take more work, but if you enjoy them more, that's all that matters. Let him get a nitro. If he doesn't want electric, then that's his loss and something he will have to learn in the future. I know that he's 8. I remember when I was 8. I really wanted a nitro. I bought an E-maxx instead, had a blast, went brushless, and now I will not even look at the nitro's. Why don't you just let him drive your electric, or show him video's online of brushless electric cars. There's really no way to get around the sound of nitro's. What kid doesn't love that?
Old 06-08-2008, 06:34 PM
calvino

nitro =
noisy
engine is hot
pipe is hot
uses EXPENSIVE FUEL
can't go blastin the car at full throt cuz you can say bybybe engine
you got to tune it EVERY time you take it out
you have to do a buncha steps to get it goin
nitros are EXPENSIVE to get runnin

electric=
quiet
fast
can go WOT (full throt) all you want and all you have to worry bout is the battery dyin
you can stick in a battery and have fun
can be made to FASTER than a nitro
Old 06-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Always Dreamin

Something about the hot pipe, and engine sounds bad for a 8 year old. I don't know how much income he makes, but he better be able to afford a $30 gallon of fuel. Along with all the spare supplies that a nitro needs including batteries for the Ez-start and a charger. I don't think he will be able to tune it either. I can almost promise you that someone besides the 8 year old will get stuck with the car. Why, because an 8 year old is not able to do the work that is required by nitro's. Especially after all this money, an 8 year old that doesn't know how to drive it will really cost a fortune.

Like I said, tell him before he buys it that you don't know how to run a nitro, and if it breaks you won't be able to help him fix it. You will get stuck fixing the truck on the weekend.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:58 PM
fm2h3

Look into Team Associated Trucks rather than traxxas, an RC18MT is the perfect candidate.. also look into Losi, Duratrax, Xray, and Thunder tiger. before deciding on traxxas, he should get an electric IMO
Old 06-08-2008, 08:58 PM
Chris_RC

I'd had 2 electric RC's before my nitro and my nitro caused me to go back to electric. And I'm twice his age.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:09 PM
aftermarket
My Feedback: (2)

Word to your cuz:

Hey, kid, I was in the same situation and I learned the hard way. Start with electric. When I was 6, I saw those nitro cars that were rated for going 70mph...I peed myself. Bought it. My elder brother didn't even know how to tune it right. I didn't even know how to maintain it. Before I knew it, it broke and it layed in my garage for 6 months, then it got thrown away by my father. Had I started with a starter, I'd have saved a great deal of money and I would've gained a poo load of knowledge.

I decided to make things right. I got a bandit vxl, and I'm staying electric. It's so much quieter, cleaner, and FASTER THAN NITRO!

You'll be glad if you start electric.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:12 PM
sgtcat

yeah i have 2 nitros and they are one of the biggest pain in the ***es i have ever seen!i have a xl-5 rustler and that thing rocks!i'm selling nitros and going back to electric.the rustler was my first car and i still use it all the time.you have to know alot about nitros to run them.i had to learn that the hard way!and it sucked!
Old 06-08-2008, 10:35 PM
muti369

evader ext is really tuff he really needs to start with that
Old 06-09-2008, 01:59 AM
Redvanmafia

stampede/rustler/bandit guys, c'mon evader ext?,