Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

xxx-t owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 07:17 PM
team carpet fire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default xxx-t owners

i just wanted to see how many havwe a xxx-t and maybe you could tell what part on your truck breaks (very durable truck hardely break) my truck the only part i have problems with SOMETIMES is the non grafite front arms
Old 06-10-2008, 08:02 PM
Chris_RC

Default RE: xxx-t owners

I have the xxx-t MF2 and I''m gonna run it today. Everything is graphite. I have a xxx-nt with graphite arms and they are very durable, even though I put a RPM wide front bumper on a little bit ago.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:11 PM
Checkpointracer

I got an xxx-t sport with a novak brushless. I broke a screw that that held a turnbuckle rod. It's going to be hard to fix since part of the screw is lodged in the shock tower, I'm just going to replace everything that been affected.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:07 PM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

I rarely break mine [but it is a MF2 with all graphite] unless I`m doing something stupid .
Old 06-11-2008, 10:23 PM
Chris_RC

so do we all aggree that the Losi graphite is stronger than the plastic and EA3 compound?
Old 06-11-2008, 10:43 PM
Dawman

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

so do we all aggree that the Losi graphite is stronger than the plastic and EA3 compound?

Stronger than plastic for sure . I`m kinda liking the EA3 material on my XXX-CR . I know a lot of people have griped about it on the forums but I think it is just as good as graphite .
Old 06-12-2008, 12:32 AM
Andyman004

XXX-T sport here with mamba 5700 (run a 7700 sometimes too) and maxamps 2s lipo. truck rips. have been parking lot bashing latley so i have not broken anything latley .
But I have broken almost everything plastic on the truck once when doin some serious bashing. drivetrain has been bulletproof with NO issues. Overall its an excellent truck.

As far as graphite being strnger I have heard mix reviews. Every plastic piece I broke was replaced with Graphite. I can say in my personal experience the Graphite parts have been stronger....and some have not broke yet since being replaced.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:48 AM
MT

ORIGINAL: Dawman

Stronger than plastic for sure . I`m kinda liking the EA3 material on my XXX-CR . I know a lot of people have griped about it on the forums but I think it is just as good as graphite .
I agree, the only items I have broke on my CR are turnbuckles. This last winter was my first time racing, and at a tight indoor track at that, so you can imagine I punished it. Now I am running it on an outdoor track with no problems.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:20 AM
SavageX78

ORIGINAL: MT

I agree, the only items I have broke on my CR are turnbuckles. This last winter was my first time racing, and at a tight indoor track at that, so you can imagine I punished it. Now I am running it on an outdoor track with no problems.

Wow glad you guys like it. This is the first time Ive read anything good about the EA3.
And the turnbuckles wherethe only problem I had with my MF2 until I got lunsford turnbuckles. Now my MF2 takes a good beating.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:11 PM
Dawman

ORIGINAL: MF2MM5700

ORIGINAL: MT

Wow glad you guys like it. This is the first time Ive read anything good about the EA3.
And the turnbuckles wherethe only problem I had with my MF2 until I got lunsford turnbuckles. Now my MF2 takes a good beating.

Ya, not to sure what the deal is with Losi turnbuckles . All my 1/10 Losi cars/trucks I`ve had to switch to Lunsford turnbuckles .
Old 06-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Checkpointracer

Lunsford turnbuckles? Hmm, I might switch to those since I need new ones, where can I find them?
Old 06-12-2008, 12:27 PM
Krawlin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have sheared the front upper link/turnbuckle off many times, but never broken a suspension arm. I now have all Graphite arms on the truck since I put the Mamba Max 6900 system in it and still have not broken a suspension arm. My only issues with the truck have been the ball diff and spinning the pin that keys the wheel to the shaft completely around inside of the plastic wheel, and I am thinking of doing the 12mm hex conversion with Rustler hex's and pins. Larger choice of wheels too. I'll be sure to let you guys know how it goes
Old 06-12-2008, 12:33 PM
Dawman

ORIGINAL: Checkpointracer

Lunsford turnbuckles? Hmm, I might switch to those since I need new ones, where can I find them?

https://www.lunsfordracing.com/mm5/m..._Code=TRUC-LXT

You can buy them straight through Lunsford but will be cheaper through Horizon or other online retailers .
Old 06-12-2008, 12:50 PM
SavageX78

Ya the lunfords are tough you gotta get the Super duty there a little thicker than the punishers. I bought punishers first and broke 1 pretty quick so I then bought the Superduty and they take a beating. I have trees everywhere so sometimes when trying to turn I smack the tree with my rear wheel and snap the turnbucklee. But not with the superduty.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:22 PM
TheIronMaiden

Default RE: -t owners

I have never had any problems with mine except for one where i drove into a light pole going full speed and broke the front right arm, its okay because it was 100% my fault.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:29 PM
Dawman

Ya, super duty turnbuckles is the way to go .
Old 06-13-2008, 12:30 AM
e123

I just bought a xxxt off craigslist. I paid $30 for a roller with a big ziplock bag full of parts. How can I tell what version it is? The chassis, arms, and towers are all graphite. The guy I bought it from got it used from somebody else so he wasnt sure exactly what it is either. I was gonna give it to a friend of mine but now I am thinking about keeping it and going brushless.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:33 AM
Southern Cross

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a sweet XXX-T CR: Xcelorin 4800BL/ESC combo/2Cell LiPo. I've been beating the hell out of and so far the only problem I've had with mine was the QD rear axle. The ;eft kept coming off at first but its been fine since. I've crashed it too many times to count...a few high speed disasters...aside from the body being scratched to hell and a busted antenna she's holding up like a champ. My only gripe...and its a pretty big one cause I'm a big sissy when it comes to my stuff looking pretty...is that I can't buy a nice prepainted body for it. I love the Losi shells on the boxes for the CR and thr Drake...but you can't get them anywhere...and I suck at painting. Smaller wheel selection with the CR too. Aside from that I'm digging the EA3 hardware and see no need to go graphite. A few of the parts in my kit actually were graphite.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:55 AM
SavageX78

ORIGINAL: e123

I just bought a xxxt off craigslist. I paid $30 for a roller with a big ziplock bag full of parts. How can I tell what version it is? The chassis, arms, and towers are all graphite. The guy I bought it from got it used from somebody else so he wasnt sure exactly what it is either. I was gonna give it to a friend of mine but now I am thinking about keeping it and going brushless.

If it has a gray gear box then its a XXX-T MF2 if it has a black gear box its a XXX-T with graphite parts.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:57 AM
SavageX78

ORIGINAL: Southern Cross

I have a sweet XXX-T CR: Xcelorin 4800BL/ESC combo/2Cell LiPo. I've been beating the hell out of and so far the only problem I've had with mine was the QD rear axle. The ;eft kept coming off at first but its been fine since. I've crashed it too many times to count...a few high speed disasters...aside from the body being scratched to hell and a busted antenna she's holding up like a champ. My only gripe...and its a pretty big one cause I'm a big sissy when it comes to my stuff looking pretty...is that I can't buy a nice prepainted body for it. I love the Losi shells on the boxes for the CR and thr Drake...but you can't get them anywhere...and I suck at painting. Smaller wheel selection with the CR too. Aside from that I'm digging the EA3 hardware and see no need to go graphite. A few of the parts in my kit actually were graphite.

Check ebay Ive seen a few pre-painted bodies on there for the cr. You could drop somecash and pay someone to do it.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:03 AM
e123

Thanks. Then its a xxxt with graphite parts. How fast can this thing go with a brushless setup?
Old 06-13-2008, 08:58 AM
SavageX78

ORIGINAL: e123

Thanks. Then its a xxxt with graphite parts. How fast can this thing go with a brushless setup?
It all depends on what your setup is. But it will be fast. Id guess I was hitting high 30s with my mamba 5700 on 6 cells. But if I had ran 3s lipo I would have probably hit somewhere between 50 and 70.

Going fast is great but not if your going so fast you cant control it.