Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc
View Poll Results: A poll
Team losi desert truck
32.43%
Associated RC10 T4 kit
13.51%
HPI E-firestorm
35.14%
Duratrax evader ext
0%
Traxxas rustler vxl roller off ebay
18.92%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

new truck?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 10:10 AM
Krazy Chicken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new truck?

im looking to get a new truck, and want to go brushless. i will go off road every onece in a while, but when i do, its really rough conditions. i want something that will stand up to brushless, and will be able to wheelie at any speed. i have a list of trucks, all you have to do is pick which truck, and tell me what brushless system to put in it.

EDIT: also i dont want to use lipo batterys

thank you
Old 06-21-2008, 10:15 AM
Chris_RC

Default RE: new truck?

Losi Desert Truck/Mamba/paddles and the dunes!
Old 06-21-2008, 10:20 AM
M-Savage

The E-Firestorm has steel gears and nylon composite chassis parts.
As far as brushless systems I'd say go with Tekin or Orion, or maybe LRP.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:46 AM
Frozen72

E-Firestorm it has the durability of a Rustler and the Handling of a T4.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:27 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

since you listed the vxl option as a roller, im assuming you dont want a vxl brushless system? iv had no problems with mine on 3s lipoon or off road.
with rpm suspension parts and front bumper, the vxl rustler is very tough.
any rc that will handle tough off-roading, will suffer on road. it wont have really good handling. the speed-t would be better if you intend to run on-road most of the time. im sure it can handle light off-roading.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:36 AM
04DarkShadowGT

In your situation Id just get the firstorm flux. Already brushless and the firestorm is nice.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:07 PM
Krazy Chicken

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

i dont go to the dunes

since you listed the vxl option as a roller, im assuming you dont want a vxl brushless system? iv had no problems with mine on 3s lipoon or off road.
any rc that will handle tough off-roading, will suffer on road. it wont have really good handling. the speed-t would be better if you intend to run on-road most of the time. im sure it can handle light off-roading.
i dont plan on useing lipo, so i want a higher kv. also i dont like the looks of the speed t, and i want to put the brushless in my self

In your situation Id just get the firstorm flux. Already brushless and the firestorm is nice.
i dont realy want a rtr brushless
Old 06-21-2008, 01:12 PM
Krawlin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Losi Desert Truck with the Mamba Max 6900 system. I have just a regular XXX-T with the Mamba Max 6900 in it, and on a good 4600 mAh 6 cell side by side Ni-MH pack, it will wheelie with ease. It also goes very fast, and depending on tires and gearing, expect speeds in the range of 50 to 65 MPH. It has ALOT of torque for as high Kv as the motor is, much more than most motors with a Kv rating in the area of 6900 Kv. And, with the Losi Desert truck, you are getting Losi quality, and Losi's known reputation for great handling trucks. It will do just fine on road. I run my XXX-T on road all the time (and yes, its pretty much exactly the same as the desert truck) and when I run it on road I dont change the setup, and it does just fine. Off road it is just as capable as the E-Firestorm, T4, and Rustler, but it handles much much better, as well as being much more durable. Losi Desert Truck is the best all around truck for what you are doing. Get a Losi, specifically the Desert Truck, get a Mamba Max 6900 brushless system for it, and never look back.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:17 PM
04DarkShadowGT

ORIGINAL: Stampede Killer

i dont go to the dunes

i dont plan on useing lipo, so i want a higher kv. also i dont like the looks of the speed t, and i want to put the brushless in my self

i dont realy want a rtr brushless
Just curious but why dont you want a RTR brushless, whats the difference? And in some instances the brushless version has alot of stuff the cheaper models dont.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:44 PM
Krazy Chicken

i would just like to do it my self, and i dont want to run brushless with a am or fm radio system
Old 06-21-2008, 04:18 PM
Chris_RC

Go with the DT because your daughter likes the short antenna! lol
Old 06-21-2008, 05:12 PM
PENGUINBLASTER!!!

ORIGINAL: Frozen72

E-Firestorm it has the durability of a Rustler and the Handling of a T4.
If that were true I'd be racing with it.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:28 PM
Krazy Chicken

well i guess im going for the desert truck with the mm 6900. how good do the stock tires hook up?
Old 06-21-2008, 08:59 PM
04DarkShadowGT

ORIGINAL: Stampede Killer

well i guess im going for the desert truck with the mm 6900. how good do the stock tires hook up?
Quite well, the tires are very nice. The DT is a great overall truck.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:58 PM
Always Dreamin

I would go with the E-firestorm, from what I've seen. The DT has nothing on it.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:20 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: NoShelfQueen

What do you mean by nothing? I mean it is a race proven chassis and lights, front and rear roll cages, spider gear diff, 2.4ghz radio, and the awesome tires make it nothing?
Old 06-21-2008, 10:26 PM
Always Dreamin

What do you mean by nothing? I mean it is a race proven chassis and lights, front and rear roll cages, spider gear diff, 2.4ghz radio, and the awesome tires make it nothing?
I mean, IMO the E-firestorm is a better truck. If I was buying a car, I'd rather buy the E-firestorm.

I don't see the DT winning any races, despite the race proven chassis. From what I've heard the tranny is plastic. The 2.4ghz, well, that's a pretty sweet feature. I still would rather have the E-firestorm. IMO, the E-firestorm is the best ST in it's class. Strong, yet good handling. Not many people have broke theirs, either.

Nothing against the DT. Sorry, shouldn't have said, "nothing". Got a little carried away with that. My opinion sometimes can come over cold hard facts. I was actually considering the E-firestorm, I think it's a great truck.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:28 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

If your willing to push up your budget a little bit the new E-maxx is the way to go. Its a very nice truck and I reccomend it to anyone just because its so good. Not trying to sound like a newb because im not but all im saying is you wont regret getting the E-maxx and you'll enjoy it for the years to come.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:28 PM
Chris_RC

do you mean like best ST in it's class for racing or all around use?
Old 06-21-2008, 10:32 PM
Always Dreamin

All around.

Handling might go to another car like the t4, but overall. The E-firestorm is strong, and handles much better then a Rustler.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:33 PM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: Takedown

If your willing to push up your budget a little bit the new E-maxx is the way to go. Its a very nice truck and I reccomend it to anyone just because its so good. Not trying to sound like a newb because im not but all im saying is you wont regret getting the E-maxx and you'll enjoy it for the years to come.
Someone on a budget will get much more from a 2wd car. For the price.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:37 PM
Chris_RC

All around.

Handling might go to another car like the t4, but overall. The E-firestorm is strong, and handles much better then a Rustler.
OK, I agree with you there. I would say the truck with the best handling is the t4 or xxx-t cr. And the truck with the best foward traction is IMO is the Losi. I have a xxx-t mf2 and I am amazed how much traction I get. And the strognest truck is probably a tie between the rusty or the e firestorm. And the best bang for your buck IMO is the e firestorm.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:41 PM
Always Dreamin

All around.

OK, I agree with you there. I would say the truck with the best handling is the t4 or xxx-t cr. And the truck with the best foward traction is IMO is the Losi. I have a xxx-t mf2 and I am amazed how much traction I get. And the strognest truck is probably a tie between the rusty or the e firestorm. And the best bang for your buck IMO is the e firestorm.
Yeah.

Plus, I prefer ST's. Either one, really. I would go with the E-firestorm, but that's just IMO.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:54 AM
MonkeyFist

In my opinion going brushless with out going Lipo is kinda a waste. Your batteries will hold you back. It's not all about speed either it takes power to make torque, NiMh cells can't deliver like Lipo can.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:00 AM
Always Dreamin

I'm saying the E-firestorm because I have owned the t4 and the Rustler. I know that the Rustler is fun, but handles bad. I also know that I am afraid to bash my t4 for fear of it breaking. As a basher, I always thought I didn't care about handling. I don't...really. But, handling is always nice. I would go with the E-firestorm. The only thing that I see the DT having is a couple of lights and a nice radio.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.