Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

tamiya m-03 rally

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 12:26 PM
supercubfanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tamiya m-03 rally

What can and should i put in a tamiya rover mini m-03 chasis kit that will allow the mini to rally.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:56 PM
Longhair

Default RE: tamiya m-03 rally

What does the rally rules state you can use?
Old 06-22-2008, 06:51 PM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: supercubfanatic

What can and should i put in a tamiya rover mini m-03 chasis kit that will allow the mini to rally.
It should be lifted and have skid plates. Mine has both as well as tl01 suspension arms.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:13 AM
trf

any pics of your moded m-03???[:-]
Old 06-23-2008, 07:49 AM
supercubfanatic

I'm deciding to build it at 450 dollars, buy a second model plane at 600 dollars or buy a heli at 200 dollars.I'm a bit short of cash because I'm saving up for the new blackberry bold when it comes out and i'm only in high school so i barely have an income.What specific parts shoulkd I put in the m-03
Old 06-23-2008, 10:48 AM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: supercubfanatic

I'm deciding to build it at 450 dollars, buy a second model plane at 600 dollars or buy a heli at 200 dollars.I'm a bit short of cash because I'm saving up for the new blackberry bold when it comes out and i'm only in high school so i barely have an income.What specific parts shoulkd I put in the m-03
You'd need oil shocks($30) and ball bearings.

My mini has: Tamiya cva oil shocks, home made skid plates(made out of scraps of steel and plastic), Futaba 330 esc, 21t trinity street spec motor. Home made shock boots out of balloons, Toyota Tacoma body from old Nikko truck, ball bearings(of course).
Mods:replaced rod ends(on bottom of shocks) with longer traxxas ones to help lift it. Tl01 arms and drive shafts widen it and soften the suspension.Steering rods replaced with spare rear traxxas sledgehammer tie rods.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:58 AM
The Mad Modder

Also, when you get bearings for it(if you get it)you'll want at least metal shielded ones(rubber shielded ones would be best). Don't get Duratrax's teflon shielded ones. They may be cheaper, but they don't work well for vehicle that will be driving on dirt or dusty places. I drove my m03 in the dirt with those and they won't stop making a grinding noise (and feel) no matter how many times I clean them.