Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

another high speed WK question

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 12:36 PM
9five9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another high speed WK question

So no matter where I've looked so far, I still haven't really gotten an answer or been able to find out for myself. I'm wondering if a stock wheely king tranny can take the stress of a faster motor/esc combo? I really don't care that the overall set up of the WK is not set up for speed efficiency. I like the scale monster truck look of the wheely king as well as its durability. So my question is to anyone who has tried, or KNOWS, can a stock wheely king tranny take a brushless setup, in the long run, or even a faster brushed motor/esc? If not, is there a place you can get gear upgrades?
Old 07-03-2008, 01:16 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: another high speed WK question

the only way i would try a BL setup on a wheely king tranny, it to use a sidewinder esc and program the "punch" you can set the esc so that when you hit the throttle, the esc will give power more gradually. this will be easier on the gears. the feature is made for those running BL on 2wd cars in dirt, so you can make the power usable, not spinning the tires out of the corners(racing). iv dont this for my HL mad truck. there are no aftermarket parts for it, its a cheapo 4wd truck, and im running a vxl motor on it. so far, the programed sidewinder esc has kept the gears from getting chewed.