Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

gear complications on t4

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 06:09 PM
albeerto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gear complications on t4

when i speed off in my t4 it dosent feel like im getting the full power from the motor.i tightened my t nut all the way and it still feels like that.i think it might be the stock spur gear.but idont know for sure.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:12 PM
Chris_RC

Default RE: gear complications on t4

I am not familiar with t4 diffs but I will try to help you. What is a t nut? A guy had a t4 at my track and to tighten the diff there was a allen screw and you would tighten it then loosen it 1/8 of a turn. have you checked your slipper? How tight is your diff? Is the diff smooth?
Old 10-02-2008, 06:19 PM
For_The_Win

What motor are you running?
Old 10-02-2008, 06:33 PM
albeerto

i dont know what diff gears,and the slipper.im still new to the hobby and i dont go to the track that much so i dont know too much.the t nut is the hex screw in the Diff Outdrive Hub.it would help a bunch if u could explain what the diffs gears and the slipper is.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:19 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: albeerto

i dont know what diff gears,and the slipper.im still new to the hobby and i dont go to the track that much so i dont know too much.the t nut is the hex screw in the Diff Outdrive Hub.it would help a bunch if u could explain what the diffs gears and the slipper is.
ok, then adjust the "t-nut" so it is tight then loosen it 1/8 of a turn. A diff gear is what is inside the transmission and it is a gear with holes in it for the balls. the balls roll against the diff rings and there is something called a thrust assembly which is where you put the diff screw in and it has balls so everything is smooth. A slipper is the thing that gas a big gear (spur) and it has a adjuster nut. The tighter this nut is, the more respensive the truck feels but can strip gears easily.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:35 PM
jmcvicker

I rebuilt a T4 transmission today. I found that there was some hang-up in the diff outdrives on the trans case, so I dremmeled the holes and it moved much more freely.

Couple things on the adjustments. The differential is adjusted inside the right-side differential outdrive. The slipper-clutch is adjusted on the nut on the spur-gear axle. The adjustments are in the T4 manual - which you can get from www.teamassociates.com - just download it. Get the manual and read it like you were building the car and you'll learn more about it.

What can slow you up. Dirty bearings, spur/pinion gears binding too tight, hung-up diff outdrives on the case, dirty motor brushes, sluggish battery and overgearing (too big a pinion). Lots to work on and you may want to just take it to a local hobby shop or talk to someone at the track to review it. Don't be afraid to ask.

So, read the manual and know your car. It's not hard to be able to trouble-shoot it yourself but you do need to know what to look for.