Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Losi xxxt cr or Associated b44

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 10:32 PM
albeerto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losi xxxt cr or Associated b44

im thinking about getting one of these cars but i dont know wich one would be better for me.im kind of tired of spining out in a 2 wheel drive car.my track is kinda rough so the truck would benefit from that.i dont like that the motor mount is on the back couse im scared to have my car low and hit the botom.would this losi truck have better handling than a t4 because mine spins out.but the b44 is probably better overall.idont know exactly but i want to hear what people have to say because not to many people have these vehicles.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:38 PM
Chris_RC

Default RE: Losi xxxt cr or Associated b44

I have seen alot of people at my track with a b44 and t4 and alot of people at my track with a xxxtcr. I have the mf2 which has a shorter chassis and the with longer chassis of the cr is handles alot better. In our amateur class Losi's are dominate while in the expert class AE's do the best. The xxx-tcr has more traction than the t4 but the t4 steers a bit better. Because experts can control excess wheelspin and need every ounce of steering they can get that is why most of them have a t4. But because of the more traction part that is why the Losi is better with a amateur driver. The B44 is a great 4wd buggy but for a rough track it will break ALOT of parts. Dont worry about the motor in the back thing. The xxx-tcr actually has a fan mount so the motors are cool when you run them. It also has the quick change wheels which IMO are amazing. Just snap on and go. They dont increase performance but they look and feel soo cool!!!
Old 10-05-2008, 10:52 PM
albeerto

i dont think that my track is that rough to break partson a b44.it has maybe a few holes every ten feet. the 8 scale guys also loosen up the dirt quite a bit. its amde for 8 scale drivers
Old 10-05-2008, 10:55 PM
albeerto

does the cr spin out alot.thats a big reason why im leaning more towards 4 wheel drive.on my track i need a little more traction.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: albeerto

does the cr spin out alot.thats a big reason why im leaning more towards 4 wheel drive.on my track i need a little more traction.
It doesnt spin out as much as the t4. I drove a t4 and it felt horrible because it didnt have alot of traction and it was sliding all over the place. If you loosen your slipper a bit on the xxx-tcr you wont spin out with that and good tires.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:51 AM
albeerto

i guess not alot of people know about thes cars.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:40 AM
racerj3

Well have you tried adjusting the set-up on your T4? i race the T4 and have no control issues with it mine hooks-up and stays planted, and the track is a loose sandy track. A lot depends on your tire selection and shock set-up. Also if your running a low turn mod motor, be sure to set your slipper a bit loose. But between your choices go for the B44 the buggy will hook up great, and the handling is really awesome.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: albeerto

i guess not alot of people know about thes cars.
This is like a bashing forum. Go to rctech.net/forum and racing is really popular over there. Im Chris __RC over there.