Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc
View Poll Results: A poll
water proof dark impact
32.00%
water proof durga
68.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

dark impact or durga?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 12:45 PM
mog ruith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: dark impact or durga?

i prefer to go with a shaft driven car, unlike belt it needs more attention and with the durga you will always be tightening the diffs every now and then like i do
but in your case weather a df03 or db01 i say go with the db01 the plastics are more durable than the df03 and yeah i love my durga though i got to tighten the diff after every session but thats not so difficult isnt it??
Old 10-25-2008, 02:00 PM
Krazy Chicken

ORIGINAL: calvino

advantages of belt drive is alot less friction, its smoother than shaft (ive driven a belt touring car [X(] so smooth) shaft's are stronger, but aren't AS smooth as belts, belts need more work, checking tension, once its set though your good to go IMO go with the newer design, its got more of a following....
that was also what i was trying to say, belts are weaker then shafts
Old 10-25-2008, 02:01 PM
Krazy Chicken

ORIGINAL: 04DarkShadowGT

ORIGINAL: Stampede Killer

ORIGINAL: Druss

I think his entire argument can probably be summed up by his last post.

bla bla bla bla bla...
yep i give up, no point in getting mad at some Canadian
Dude whats that all about? Thats pretty messed up.
lol i just gave up on that arguement and he continued to argue
Old 10-25-2008, 03:59 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I've had to step in and clean up this thread because several of the members in here don't seem to know how to participate in a discussion without acting like little children (and those guilty know exactly who they are). If you can't get along with others in a discussion I would recommend that you stay out of the discussion, because if I see behavior like this again there will be people that will find themselves on the outside of RCU looking in. This kind of behavior won't be tolerated here gentlemen.

Ken
Old 10-25-2008, 04:17 PM
Druss

ORIGINAL: calvino

advantages of belt drive is alot less friction, its smoother than shaft (ive driven a belt touring car [X(] so smooth) shaft's are stronger, but aren't AS smooth as belts, belts need more work, checking tension, once its set though your good to go IMO go with the newer design, its got more of a following....
that was also what i was trying to say, belts are weaker then shafts
that was only part of what he said, he also said "once it's set though you're good to go"

Setting the belt tension is not that difficult and I've never once has to reset my tension on my belts. I also don't have the belts skipping if you get a slipper clutch.

As for the diffs loosening, use thread lock on the tightening bolt. The ball diffs are the same as any other ball diffs, and at least they are ball diffs.

I'd suggest you stop picking on the one perceived "weakness" and look at all the benefits of the DB-01 chasis.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:06 PM
ELK

i'm gettin the dark impact because its only $120, and i still like shafts after testing belts at my LHS that turned out bad. no way i'm gonna do all the setting up just to run in some snow. i ment to say 120 but 10 dollars isn't that bad
Old 10-25-2008, 05:12 PM
kistner
My Feedback: (10)

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

thats a great price, where is that form?
Old 10-25-2008, 05:22 PM
ELK

rcmart.com
Old 10-25-2008, 08:51 PM
Evader ---> MGT

rcmart may be $120, but look at the shipping, it's probably around $40-60!!!!

Tower is $165-$20coupon+$8.99shipping. Rcmart is nicer for people out of the US, but tower is for us! Or see if www.amainhobbies.com has one. THey have a 10% coupon going now!
Old 10-25-2008, 10:31 PM
kistner
My Feedback: (10)

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

he is right, I checked it out, $38 shipping to Pittsburgh PA. bummer
Old 10-25-2008, 11:41 PM
derek2005

Good luck with your DI. I love mine. Very easy to hop of and make race worthy and very bash-able as well. I also like the Durga and if I was just going to race, I would go that route. The DI has a few flaws as a racer, but it is a better car than I am race driver, so I got along very well not to mention all of the curiousity abou the car from everyone racing their kyoshos and losi xxx-4s.

Check out lunchboxer's thread for more than enough info on the DI. Everyone over there is super nice as well.

Good luck with the water proofing. Should be a fun car on the snow. I think four paddle tires would be fun on this in the snow or in sand.