Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more
Reload this Page >

Question for Traxxas owners (front tie bar Rustler, Stampede, Slash)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Question for Traxxas owners (front tie bar Rustler, Stampede, Slash)

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 07:26 PM
Always Dreamin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for Traxxas owners (front tie bar Rustler, Stampede, Slash)

Well, on the older xl-5 models, they came with some pins that had a screw on the end. with the slash and the vxl models, now it comes with e-clips and suspension pins along with a tie bar. i upgraded to this setup, and i was wondering if there was a better way. i always bend the suspension pins, i never bent my old pins with the phillips head. but then i will lose the tie bar. what should i do?
Old 11-06-2008, 09:24 PM
zjwhitrock

Default RE: Question for Traxxas owners (front tie bar Rustler, Stampede, Slash)

your talking about the fiberglass(?) bar that goes infront of the suspention arms? if so, yes you can use the threaded pins from older models, but you have take the bar off, I haven't had any problems in my brushless slash.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Always Dreamin

Default RE: Question for Traxxas owners (front tie bar Rustler, Stampede, Slash)

ORIGINAL: zjwhitrock

your talking about the fiberglass(?) bar that goes infront of the suspention arms? if so, yes you can use the threaded pins from older models, but you have take the bar off, I haven't had any problems in my brushless slash.
yes, i am. yes, i know i can use it. i'm asking what would be stronger.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:45 AM
FairTax4me

You're gonna bend those hinge pins no matter what you do. Just keep spares on hand and check them after each run.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:50 AM
1maxdude

We talkin king pin or the pins that hold the a-arms on? If you're talkin about the one that goes through the castor block, then get aluminum caster blocks, no more bent pins. If it's the a-arm pins, I don't know then, maybe get aluminum a-arms? Then you'll have a really tough time if you do bend one.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:26 PM
FairTax4me

I don't think aluminum A arms would help without an aluminum bulkhead as well. But then what happens when you bend the A arm?
Old 11-07-2008, 01:45 PM
TIGER76

now it comes with e-clips and suspension pins along with a tie bar
Noticed that too ive just my rpm front arms today and was wondering whats the best way to take this pins out with the e-clips on?
I know its a noob question but i thought its better to ask NOW then damage taking them out lol
Old 11-07-2008, 02:15 PM
shaunmichaeljohnson

i use screw pins and the tie bar at the same time.
it isnt the best idea so i'm upgrading to titanium hinge pin kits
Old 11-07-2008, 07:17 PM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: TIGER76

now it comes with e-clips and suspension pins along with a tie bar
Noticed that too ive just my rpm front arms today and was wondering whats the best way to take this pins out with the e-clips on?
I know its a noob question but i thought its better to ask NOW then damage taking them out lol
You can't take it out with the E-clips. You have to use a small screw driver to pop the E-clip off the shaft. Be careful, chances are you might lose the E-clip. Just pop it off and you should only need to take off one side. If you have trouble getting it out, it might be bent, or just need some oil on it. If your suspension squeaks, it's always good to put a couple drops of lube on the suspension pins. It will reduce the squeaking and give you smoother suspension.

An update, I just installed the old XL-5 straight pins with phillips head screws. They work great, no bending, and I don't miss the tie bar one bit!
Old 11-07-2008, 08:15 PM
TIGER76

Sweet thanks for the info bro
I can get on with installing those arms now