Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc
View Poll Results: A poll
Losi Desert Truck (with brushless)
42.50%
Losi High Roller (with brushless)
12.50%
HPI E-Firestorm Flux
45.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Christmas RC Selection

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 10:47 PM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Christmas RC Selection

Control arms are A-arms. Different name for the same part.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:00 AM
BigBrett

Chris have you looked at the High Rooler up close and a stampede up side by side? They are like twins the motors are mounted the same in the rear . The shocks on the losi are a lil beefier . but that is about it .

now as to trucks man you want to get something Fun dude get the new Traxxas ERevo Brushless that comes with the 2.4 ghz radio and 2 batteries. You say you want to race club level this would be a truck that would be able to right off the shelf.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:44 AM
pede_187

I think I"ve decided on the T4 Factory Team Kit......I'm getting a good deal on a mamba 6900 motor........sounds good? (ok for some bashing too?)
Old 11-24-2008, 10:04 AM
Chris_RC

BigBrett, I am unaware of any track that races 1/8 electric monster truck/truggy so the E-Revo wouldnt be good for racing.

pede_187, the T4 FT kit is pretty good. It steers better than the xxxt but the xxxt has more rear traction. Make sure your track will let you run that motor as it is not ROAR approved and you will have to run it in the mod class. If your just startiong out run in stock. You will spend more time driving than trying to control your speed.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:22 PM
thewhitemule

let me help you a little. I am speaking from experience when i say that there is NO WAY a BL setup is good in a High Roller. unless you have a bridgeport in your garage, that is. until Losi or someone else comes out with metal trans gears.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:54 PM
Redvanmafia

Dont listen to weasels, its pede rip off and everybody nos it.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:13 PM
BigBrett

We race Electric here in Va . You can race the Erevo with the electric truggies on any track.
We race the emaxx with them Over In Gloucester , Va at RC Pro Racing.

We also do Monster truck style racing like monster jam. We have a huge following on the Erevo's and Emaxx's and the Esavage's . We race with the No Limit RC Of Va guys . I use to be the promoter but steped down due to some other obligations that needed to be taken care of.
7Cities race way here in Va Beach also runs 8th scale and 5th scale . They held the Big HPI Event here in Va .

You just need to look to see about 8th scale . Oh i understand that Everyone says that the New Emaxx and Erevo are or look like 8th scale but traxxas considers them 10th scale . lol so there is your loop hole . Race it and Beat it . Its all Good !

Old 11-24-2008, 06:34 PM
Chris_RC

What im saying is that electric trugies arent as popular now. In a year, the buggy electric craze will be over and then to truggy, like with nitro. Wiht a truggy you need more power, more power=more money.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:25 PM
BigBrett

Im seeing the eP craze coming on strong for who the heck wants to pay $30 plus a gallon for freaking nitro and not to mention the continus tuning hassels . That is why i just let go of my two savages . Now my 8yr old and my self are only running EP . he has a rather stock Esavage and well Mine is a emaxx chassis and that is about it that is stock opps lol the tranny.
I would say we run more than 75% of the time is spent running monster Jam style racing . with No Limit RC Of Va and the rest of the No Limit guys .

But when I want to run with the Buggies and Truggies that is when i have to show some muscle and gear up a lil and that is when I just drive over the top of the guys lol. My 8yr old has a NickName for BamBam and that is his racing style . he talks smack to the older guys and gets some of them so razeled it is so funny to see grown adults get so bent by a 8yr old out driving them . and then they come to me telling me to get him to shut up and I say well racing is rubbing and all . Racing is talking to your car and your crew.
He is just overly excited at times and i just love it .

But after all is said and done we all laugh and have a good time and they shake his hand as does he .