Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

car is malfunctioning

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 06:58 PM
saleendriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car is malfunctioning

today as some of you have read i tightened this little wheel that puts pressure on my front drive belt to stop it from shaking well after i did that i ran the car, it ran fine then jsut when i took it out agian, it ran perfect for liek 30 seconds the nall of a sudden it stopped right in the middle of the road on full throttle, i tapped the throttle agian and nothing happened, then i tapped it with my foot and i went then at half throttle it started glitching then died agian then i hit full throttle it actually moved but at FULL THROTTLE it was only goiung half its full speed as if the battery was low and i was running it on a fully charged battery, i dunno what happened the LED light on my ESC acts weird when i press the throttle and it hasnt done this before, when i press on the throttle gradually it gets brighter and brighter then at 3/4ths throttle the LED light goes completly out. Im thinking my ESC is fried or severly messed up?
Old 05-30-2003, 07:15 PM
saleendriver

o and i run a NOSRAM Tomahawk Reverse ESC
Old 05-30-2003, 08:12 PM
saleendriver

well, i looked under the troubleshooting section of my ESC and sure enough it had a little section that describes the symtoms of exactly what my car did and how to fix it well, i went through every procedure 2 times and nothing worked, so im going to have to get a new ESC, and i REFUSE to get another NOSRAM ESC, so im open for recommendations of which ESC will most likely be the better one, i'd like an ESC that can handle 7 turns or more and also im on a budget to so nothing that will run into the hundreds of dollars
Old 05-31-2003, 03:30 AM
azwink
My Feedback: (1)

Try e-bay from some great deals on ESC's. I have bought both of my HPI RS4 MT's and my TC3 from people on ebay with great results. You can get awesome deals on slightly used items with everything to run for 1/3 of the costs. Just do your research before you buy.
Old 06-05-2003, 10:17 PM
Evader ST

i think you can buy a novak super rooster on ebay for 75 $ this is the newest form of the novak rooster which is a great esc.and more stuff on ebay is NIB(new in box) than used which is even better!!
Old 06-08-2003, 03:01 AM
Isphius

my esc does the same thing when it gets wet or too hot. The LRP f1 is great, and so is the super rooster from novak. They can both handle dual motors if you need them too.
Old 06-08-2003, 04:11 AM
slodsm

I use a GM V12XC fwd only, I absolutely love it, its a bit costly but will handle any motor and fully programable.
Old 06-30-2003, 07:27 AM
e_lm_70

Originally posted by slodsm
I use a GM V12XC fwd only, I absolutely love it, its a bit costly but will handle any motor and fully programable.
Does the GM V12XC has the "Re-generative braking system " ?

So when car brakes , battery get charged ?

Danke

e_lm_70