Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

blackfoot and super blackfoot wheel HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 10:56 AM
BRISGTA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blackfoot and super blackfoot wheel HELP!!

I bought a super blackfoot off ebay. I had one when I was younger and enjoyed it. I always wanted a set of sees alum wheels from when I was a kid and I have also bought a set of them, when trying to mount the rears to the truck they seem to stick out to far ,and when looking at the front control arms it appears that they have installed the front of a reg blackfoot. I plan to put this back in the condition it was when new but will be getting a different frame color from some other shared model and doing away with the red.I am wondering is there anyway to mount these to the truck at all becuse the shafts don't even come out far enough to put the nut on the wheel and i don't want to have to buy a blackfoot now just so i can have a set of sees wheels and I can't find any specs on these trucks as far as width but if I some how get the rears mounted then what about the front sitting in to far i don't want it to look like and old school hot rod.I want it to look like a monster truck but i have also read somewhere that the front of a king blackfoot sits out further I really am at a loss and would love to have these wheels mounted to the truck I am awaiting the knockoffs to come in the mail for these wheels also.I have been out of the seen for a bit and am trying to come back to it I also have a old nitro duratrax gt10 that I got runnin because I sold my super blackfoot for it and only ran it one time and it has sat for 12+ years and am working on painting a asc camaro 230mm body for it because its not a whole lot out there for that width ANY HELP AT ALL PLEASE even if you know the specs for all 3 of these trucks may help me I just don't want to chop the wheels up or the truck.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:13 PM
86waterpumper

Default RE: blackfoot and super blackfoot wheel HELP!!

Where did you get your wheels off ebay? Those aluminum wheels look sharp on the foots! As for how wide they sit, not sure on that, maybe they have a weird offset or something or had different versions? Maybe you can find some spacers somewhere or something. I have both the original foot here at the house and the super blackfoot myself, and I just measured the width for you. My super blackfoot has a wider front track by about 1" over the regular oldschool foot. Out to out of the Steering knuckles is around 8" on the super foot, and 7" on the old foot, but I think this is due to wider, longer arms on the super blackfoot, probably they did this for added stability etc. Were the sees wheels you bought supposed to be for the super, or the original foot? Take us some pics of how much the difference is? I can take some pics of mine if needed, oh btw, the rear measurement on my super foot out to out of the tires is 11 1/2 inches, and the front is around 12", but now I am running hpi wheels, with geolander tires, so it may differ a bit from stock...Out to out of my regular blackfoot on the front original tires is around 10 3/4". hope some of that helps...
Old 01-03-2009, 07:29 PM
BRISGTA

If you take the old blackfoot rear wheels and hubs and tried to put them on the super blackfoot you will see what i am talking about as far as the shaft not coming threw the wheel to install the nut on it becuse the sees wheel were manufactured to use no adapter on them they had a slit in it for the pin to sit in and the shaft was extended now i am wondering if them axle shafts are different lenghts from the blackfoot to the super blackfoot but on the super blackfoot i tried to remove the plastic bearing on the rear to slide the rim into the housing but i will have to redrill a hole for the pin in it but then it is really tight and i think it will do more harm than good i can't get any pics up yet but i will try so anybody can see what i am dealing with oh and thanks 86waterpumper hope you got my email on the sees wheels knockoffs there not the same but they are close for blackfoots
Old 01-03-2009, 08:18 PM
86waterpumper

yeah I sent you an email...can't find my original foot rear wheel adapters [:@]. Do you have a pic of the sees knockoffs maybe a link etc?
Old 01-03-2009, 08:35 PM
BRISGTA

CHECK YOUR EMAIL I CLICKED ON THE EMAIL ICON CHECK YOUR MAIL JUST GOOGLE IT
Old 01-03-2009, 08:41 PM
BRISGTA

I COULD NOT GET THE WHEEL PICS COPIED AND AM HAVING TROUBLE GETTING PICS LOADED ALSO IF YOU TRY WHAT I SAID ABOUT THE REGULAR BLACKFOOT WHEELS WITH THE ADAPTERS TO THE SUPER BLACKFOOT REAR YOU CAN KINDA GET AN IDEAL OF WHAT I AM DEALING WITH AND MIGHT HAVE ANOTHER IDEAL I THINK IT JUST THE SEES WHEELS ARE JUST 1 PEICE INSTEAD OF THE 2 PEICE WHEEL ON THE ORIGANAL DESIGN BECAUSE THE SUPER WENT TO THE HEX DESIGN BUT I AM WONDERING IF THE AXLE SHAFTS THAT COME OUT OF THE REAR ARE THE SAME AS THE SUPER OR ARE THEY LONGER I AM NOT SURE
Old 01-03-2009, 08:47 PM
86waterpumper

Yeah see that's what I'm saying. Somewhere I have all that stuffs, rearend gears, and axle shafts for my original foot, but I can't findi these yet, so it may take a bit. Maybe someone else has a original foot all together they could give you some measurements of how far the shaft sticks out etc. I know what the sees wheels look like I've seen them many times, however I don't have a clue what the back face of them or the mounting setup is like. One word of advice would to be to try posting about it at the rcmt.net forums. There is a section there for the blackfoot and alot of knowledgable folks that would probalby have the sees wheels or have figured a workaround etc. One thing is for sure, whatever you have to do to make it work I would modify the shafts, and NOT the wheels. That way you can use them on a original foot later, or resell them etc
Old 01-03-2009, 09:02 PM
BRISGTA

OK I WILL GIVE THAT A TRY CHECK YOUR MAIL I GAVE YOU THE WEB SIGHT AND INSTRUCTIONS STAY ON THE RIGHT HAND COLUM WHEN YOU ENTER THE SIGHT