Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Team Associated t4 truck?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 02:44 AM
savycharlie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Team Associated t4 truck?

Hi everyone,

i already have a Team Associated rc10t. I like it but i am looking for something newer, but along those lines. Since the t4 newer, it will have a better variety of stock or upgraded parts. I will be using it for mainly bashing but sometimes racing. In my rc10t i have a team check point 19 turn motor. If i do get this truck, i will swapped out the motors. For all the guys who have this truck, please tell me how you like it.

Thanks in advance savycharlie
Old 01-04-2009, 03:39 AM
08hondacivicsi

Default RE: Team Associated t4 truck?

i use to have a rc10t until i sold it. i miss that car. but i have been looking in to buying the t4 to so im kinda in the same boat as you are.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:53 AM
savycharlie

Ya. It is a good car. The only reason why i want a t4 is because it has replaceable parts. The rc10ts aren't even made anymore. I was looking at them on towerhobbies. The t4 rtr was $250. On Amainhobbies the rtrs are $240.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:02 AM
08hondacivicsi

yea thats a pretty good price. are you looking at the race spec rtr?
Old 01-04-2009, 04:09 AM
savycharlie

Yes i am. Are you?
Old 01-04-2009, 04:13 AM
08hondacivicsi

well i was going to get the team truck kit. but on tower hobby they have the team truck for 233 and the race spec for 244. so i guess im going with the rtr. its only 10 dollars more. i thought the team truck was cheaper then that.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:31 AM
boova

That is the - T4 Factory Team Truck. The - T4 Team Truck is cheaper... probably get that for $170 is google. Check this: [link=http://www.rc10.com/ae/t4/t4_home.htm]T4 setups[/link]

I think the way Associated named their three T4 setups is confusing to anyone entering the market for first time or re-entering from many years ago.

I had the RC10 from when the "stealth" tranny was a big deal back in 1990ish. Now I'm re-entering the market looking for more speed. I was originally looking at nitro, but now am very excited about brushless as can be just as fast, less loud and less tune-ups/maintenance.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:09 AM
racerj3

I own and race a T4 and yeah its really great truck, but whatever version you get there are a few key upgrades I suggest you get. First is the RPM front a-arms, they are extremely durable I've had the same set on my truck for two years now of hard racing and haven't broken them yet, and unlike aluminum they won't throw off the balance. Second is get some titanium turnbuckles, they'll take jumps and spills far better than the stock ones.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:21 PM
fordert

ORIGINAL: boova

That is the - T4 Factory Team Truck. The - T4 Team Truck is cheaper... probably get that for $170 is google. Check this: [link=http://www.rc10.com/ae/t4/t4_home.htm]T4 setups[/link]

I think the way Associated named their three T4 setups is confusing to anyone entering the market for first time or re-entering from many years ago.

I had the RC10 from when the "stealth" tranny was a big deal back in 1990ish. Now I'm re-entering the market looking for more speed. I was originally looking at nitro, but now am very excited about brushless as can be just as fast, less loud and less tune-ups/maintenance.
I re-entered the hobby last spring after a 20 year break and was confused about the T4 versions big time. To me "race spec" sounded like the most high speed one at first. I had an old RC10 so I was pretty set on going Associated. With help from this forum, I chose the FT kit.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:54 PM
savycharlie

Ok, thanks for all the help guys. So would i be better off with the plain rtr, or the rtr RS? I will probably change the motors like i said in first post. Also i will only race it every once and a while. The reason for that is my lhs is about an hour and a half away. Anyways back to the point. The plain rtr is cheaper but the rtr rs is an upgraded version of the rtr. With that being said, should i go with the plain rtr, or the rtr rs. I read the review on the that boova posted. That helped me understand the differences.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:12 PM
boova

ORIGINAL: fordert

I re-entered the hobby last spring after a 20 year break and was confused about the T4 versions big time.
It is nice to hear someone else is reentering the sport after such a long hiatus

I just bought a used T4 that is just about tweaked up to Factory Team. It also has Novak brushless ESC/motor, so most of my work is done - now time to drive!

The thing I like most about the hobby/sport now as opposed to 20 years ago is the "global community" so much good information at our finger tips.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:28 PM
racerj3

ORIGINAL: savycharlie

Ok, thanks for all the help guys. So would i be better off with the plain rtr, or the rtr RS? I will probably change the motors like i said in first post. Also i will only race it every once and a while. The reason for that is my lhs is about an hour and a half away. Anyways back to the point. The plain rtr is cheaper but the rtr rs is an upgraded version of the rtr. With that being said, should i go with the plain rtr, or the rtr rs. I read the review on the that boova posted. That helped me understand the differences.

Actually the race-spec is the only RTR version, its a marketing thing. But at least Associated includes some decent electronics.