Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

DuraTrax Evader

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 10:00 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DuraTrax Evader

what makes you think they suck .???? thats just your opinion . one man dont make a army .
Old 01-20-2009, 10:08 AM

ORIGINAL: yaleforscale

what makes you think they suck .???? thats just your opinion . one man dont make a army .
Yes true, it is my opinion, and while I have never own one, every other new DTX produced item that I have bought, from chargers to batteries, to trucks, it has all turned out to be junk, and has never lasted, performed all that great, and wore out very quickly.

I hope I do not sound like a snob or a idiot, but ever thing I have bough from them has not lasted very long.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:15 AM
Banned

sorry you feel that way .[&o][&o]
Old 01-20-2009, 10:22 AM

What is really said, is that DTX stuff used to be very good, I have a few 15+ year old Ni-Cads from them and the are still doing great! After 1000's of cycles. So somewhere along the way they got to be junk.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:24 PM

ORIGINAL: BRUSSER

[:@] i don't think blaming the plastic is the right thing to do; prbably your driving skills broke the parts. no vehicle is to smash thru walls
to test strenght.
Well, during driving, I occasionally hit stuff, so that makes the Evader a bad option for me. The RC-10B4 was a much better option for me because I do not want to have to buy repair parts every time I hit something, I would rather keep enjoying driving my car. I went through 4 front shock towers on my Evader BX in a month from flipping it over in dirt, I just couldn't deal with it any longer. I only ever broke 2 parts on my RC-10B4 during the 10 months I had it. ! was the rear wing mount from my brother rear ending the car at full throttle with a t-maxx, and 1 rear upper adjustable turnbuckle from hitting a rock in the road and cart wheeling the car for 50+ feet. If I had done that cartwheel with the Evader, I can only imagine the shower of parts that would have been coming off of that thing!

I even read before hand on some forum that the Duratrax cars were brittle and was told to stay clear, and I just chalked it up to the naysayers that every brand has, but now I wish I would have listened.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:24 PM

Yes, keep dumping on the Evader. They are cheap, but they are also very fun! They are not a high-end vehicle. They are what they are, and they are still popular, they handle good, and parts are cheap and easy to find on-line. I have little complaints with ours, sure they break, but they are being driven hard.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:57 PM

wow another group of brnad backers bashing the evader. i have had the evader for about 3+ years now and i have hit everything u could hit. it has flipped off the house and smashed into a concrete block at full speed. the only thing I have ever broken was the wishbone came apart when doing non stop duoghnuts and the magnet in the engine broke into a bunch of pices after a big hit. that has been the best car i have ever had and it is worth it.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:17 AM

Hey guys I got one of those Evader EXT's of Ebay for cheap and the spur gear wore out really quick. I got a new one at the LHS and put it on but it does'nt seem to line up with the pinion gear. It runs and works but just does'nt line up perfect. Does'nt seem like anything is bent back there, didnt run it too hard, just curious if anybody has any thoughts on this.Thanks
Old 01-23-2009, 08:07 AM

if your gunna race get the rc10gt or any other rc10 dont mess with the duratrax if your gunna race. i personally love the little car but its not a great car to try to quicken up. its fine with the stock motor but does break down quickly when speed is provided. get something MADE ffor racing and you wont be dissappointed
Old 03-08-2009, 10:26 PM

hey, i just bought the evader ep st, is this a good truck? does any one know what the estimated top speed of this truck is with around a 3000 mAh battery? please tell me all about this truck, i dont know a ton about cars and trucks, just airplanes and helicopters! Thanks
Old 03-08-2009, 10:52 PM

looks like i got to this thread a bit late... all i have to say is for all you evader haters i will just say go stuff it... evader are not bashers nor will they ever be, it is a budget stadium truck and because it is a budget stadium truck people bash them and when they cry cuz parts break they become evader haters... let me just say i am a HUGE evader fan, with the right mods and adjustability the evader is a great handling truck... for those haters out there and i also said this at another thread, IF the evader was priced the same as the AE and LOSI counterpart would you bash it or baby it little bit more, enough said i know the answer... lastly for them haters out there, i own both evader and MF2 and i will say my evader is just as tuff and handle just as well as my Losi.

so in conclusion you want a basher truck the evader is not for you.. you want a pro competition racer the evader is not for you... but if you want a well rounded off local hobby shop racer and great handling truck at a budget then the evader is for you...
Old 03-09-2009, 08:39 AM

ORIGINAL: cheech4
IF the evader was priced the same as the AE and LOSI counterpart would you bash it or baby it little bit more, enough said i know the answer... lastly for them haters out there, i own both evader and MF2 and i will say my evader is just as tuff and handle just as well as my Losi.
Hay, I bash, my Rustler just as hard as I bash my Genesis, or my Clod (from the 80's I might add), or my Kyosho race car, (I don't know it's name, it's been discontinued for a loonnnnnggg time).

In my opinion, if it is going to be a "shelf warmer" you should just though it in the trash can.

Now, don't own a Evader, I never have, but if, if it is anything like the Warhead, then it is junk, a car should not need to extra stuff put on it to make it last out of the box, back when I got my Rustler (about 9 years ago) I only payed like $150 for the kit, and the radio, I bashed that thing in the stock form for years before I ever put a single thing on it.

Durtrax's stuff is just lower quality, it's that simple, it's not a bad thing, but you just can't do as much with it as you can for the same price as other ones. Also, DTX customer serves will lie and cheat you for anything, even when you send it in.

But, Traxxas's also have their problems, I am not going to say they are perfect, because they are not, the T-Maxx is constantly blowing rear shafts, but at least Traxx as admitted to me that that is a problem with the truck, and sent out a set of the steel ones for nothing.

By the way, I hope I don't come off as being mad or angry, because, I am not trying to be.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:02 PM

point to make is, who is not going to bash a evader EXT that you can get at ultimate hobbies for 80 bucks?? just saying if the price was similar to the AE and LOSI of the world then the quality goes with it, you will not treat it the same... and no its not like the warhead, and as far as traxxas goes, with the exception of the Revo, everything they make is steered toward the basher, not a bad thing cuz they make killer stuff.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:29 PM

ORIGINAL: cheech4

point to make is, who is not going to bash a evader EXT that you can get at ultimate hobbies for 80 bucks?? just saying if the price was similar to the AE and LOSI of the world then the quality goes with it, you will not treat it the same... and no its not like the warhead, and as far as traxxas goes, with the exception of the Revo, everything they make is steered toward the basher, not a bad thing cuz they make killer stuff.
True, but, at the same time, for a almost the same price, you can get stuff that is better (exceed is good).

And of course cheap stuff is cheap, and more expensive stuff is better, but it's just for almost the same price, you can get things that are much better.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:12 PM

Also, DTX customer serves will lie and cheat you for anything, even when you send it in
I disagree. I have sent in parts for their Stress-Tech warrantee and they sent me replacement parts pretty fast. They have sent me a replacement motor when I complained; they have sent me upgraded ESCs when we burned the Sprint out (running good motors, which we shouldn’t have). I have talked to them on the phone about the ESC problem and they sent me another better one, all without needing the parts returned. They have been good, just like the Castle Creations folks when I needed to return their Sidewinder ESC. My ST and neighbors BX have been running brushless now for months with stock transmissions.

Our Evaders are the only cars at our neighborhood track every week. The other guys break their Traxxas Slash and their Losi buggy and Speed-T and it seems like a major project for them to get them repaired so they can run again.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:17 PM

k so i got an evader ext the other day (very new to RCs) for my TSA class and i need to install a new motor, i have a 17t? brushless. but i have no clue how to install it, the motor has 3 chords coming out it but the old one only has 2.......?
Old 03-11-2009, 10:50 PM

The ESC in your evader is brushed, you will need to get a brushlees ESC with the right amprage to be able to work with your 17t brushless motor.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:08 PM

k
Old 03-11-2009, 11:14 PM

You need a Brushless ESC to run a Brushless motor.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:44 AM

ORIGINAL: SacramentoJoe

Also, DTX customer serves will lie and cheat you for anything, even when you send it in
I disagree. I have sent in parts for their Stress-Tech warrantee and they sent me replacement parts pretty fast. They have sent me a replacement motor when I complained; they have sent me upgraded ESCs when we burned the Sprint out (running good motors, which we shouldn’t have). I have talked to them on the phone about the ESC problem and they sent me another better one, all without needing the parts returned. They have been good, just like the Castle Creations folks when I needed to return their Sidewinder ESC. My ST and neighbors BX have been running brushless now for months with stock transmissions.
When I sent my warhead in, first, the only fix half the problem, so I called to see about that, first they lied to me, by saying that (in a why are are bothering me voice) "they wore sure the the mechanic just forgot to put that in the work order." They then took the work order down!Then sent me the truck back to me half fixed.

What astonish me, was that, I wasn't demanding anything, just to kindly take a look at the center shafts to. And they responded, by then lieing, then cheating.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:49 AM

ORIGINAL: rccars2

k so I got an Evader EXT the other day (I'm new to RCs) for my TSA class and I need to install a new motor, I have a 17t brushless motor. bBt I have no clue how to install it, the motor has 3 chords coming out it but the old one only has 2.......?
Your going to need a new ESC, or a deferent motor, a good choice for a new ESC, is the CC Sidewinder, and a good stock motor choice is like a Saturn 27T if you want to keep you ESC.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:24 AM

What astonish me, was that, I wasn't demanding anything, just to kindly take a look at the center shafts to. And they responded, by then lieing, then cheating.
I have just had my first negative experience with DTX's Hobby Services today. I sent them a knuckle that appeared to be a defective casting and had broken. They just emailed me and wanted a $9.99 for shipping the $2.00 part (which they were going to pay for). I (respectfully) requested that they cover the shipping since it was defective.........we'll see. My warantee ended in February.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive had both the nitro evader and electric and they both sucked the nitro engine lasted less than a year and the electric burned out in 4 months before they died they were breaking parts everytime i ran them the evader needs lots of upgrades to be a decent basher a stock one wont handle it they are decent starter cars for someone who isint gonna run them hard but is your gonna spend 120-140 on a new evader it would be better to go 150-170 on a rustler
Old 03-12-2009, 02:19 PM

You can get an ST for $100 bucks at TH. My neighbors Rustler breaks all the time, so does the other neighbor's Slash. We race together and someone usually breaks something somewhere. Our Evaders still handle alot better than either one of those.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:39 PM

well thats why they wanted to charger you, your stress tech warranty is out of date!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.