Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc
View Poll Results: A poll
Stock Slash Titan motor and Waterproof XL-5
36.36%
Slash Brushless
63.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Traxxas Slash stock or brushless

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 03:24 PM
zsultan
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas Slash stock or brushless

Hi,

I want to know which one do people think is more fun? and why?

Thanks in advance
Old 01-26-2009, 01:04 PM
3W flyer

Default RE: Traxxas Slash stock or brushless

i like the brushed setup better. i think the slash brushless is just to fast. and you brake the car more when its brushless.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:56 PM
86waterpumper

I agree, I think there are other platforms better suited to brushless power. The suspension on these things is super wobbly and soft, so that they look like real trucks. Plus, the whole gist of them is to be good cheap fun
Old 01-26-2009, 03:38 PM
fusebmx13

ORIGINAL: 3W flyer

i like the brushed setup better. i think the slash brushless is just to fast. and you brake the car more when its brushless.
Not true at all. To US the stock slash is SLOWER than a snail. To me actually my brushless slash on 3s seems slow compared to my stampede. It does not break hardly at all compared to a stampede or ruslter. I have jumped 80+ feet with mine and the only things i have broken are front arms and caster blocks. I replaced with RPM and i have not had problems since.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:53 PM
3W flyer

Not true at all. To US the stock slash is SLOWER than a snail. To me actually my brushless slash on 3s seems slow compared to my stampede. It does not break hardly at all compared to a stampede or ruslter. I have jumped 80+ feet with mine and the only things i have broken are front arms and caster blocks. I replaced with RPM and i have not had problems since.
i guess it really depends on what you like better
Old 01-26-2009, 11:47 PM
ChuckDeez

but going 45+ in straight line is boring. Running at least 25+ around a track is super fun. I guarantee you.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:55 PM
zsultan
My Feedback: (35)

Guys, i converted my slash to vxl brushless the day i bought it, i didnt even run stock. I really didnt like the brushless on it compared to rustler vxl, so thinking of going back to XL5. not sure

Thanks
Old 01-28-2009, 11:57 AM
86waterpumper

I don't see how it would be worth a crap unless you stiffened the shocks way up, unless you were just blasting it in a straight line, but yeah all about what you want and everyone has a different opinion. I mean there is a guy on here wanting to make a axial scorpion into a speed machine so whatever floats your boat lol
Old 01-28-2009, 12:16 PM
spikeitaudi

Stock Waterproofing is priceless. It's nice to be able to run it on the beach without any worries. Just rinse off afterwards and the slash is good to go for the next time.

Plus Stock racing is much more fun then MOD Slash racing. Everybody is running even. MOSTLY about the driver.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:29 PM
TheAdge

You could always go brushless, and simply limit the throttle a bit... VXL system has a profile with 50% throttle, which is about perfect for tight tracks with 3s.

I run my Slash with a VXL system on 3s. I went to brushless mostly for efficiency, not speed... that said, it's freaking ADDICTIVE. And I've always been the "slow and steady..." type. With thicker shock oil, more preload, and possibly the 1-hole shock pistons, it keeps up rather well. For very tight tracks (i.e., my backyard) I sometimes limit the throttle, but as long as you're not ham-fisted, brushless can provide an entirely unique driving experience. "Blipping" over jumps gives the truck a very supercross-like feel.

In another thread, I've been discussing the usefulness of a Heli gyro to assist with the Slash's steering. On 3s and with a Futaba GY401, this truck has become something quite unique indeed...