Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc
View Poll Results: A poll
get it for $100
83.26%
no dont pay money
16.74%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

ezrun brushless

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 10:47 PM
mog ruith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ezrun brushless

hey guys any of you here run a ezrun 4300kv motor with a mamba max esc sucessfully?
mine cant any help apperciated here thought both esc and motor are sensorless and thus should work with each other
Old 03-26-2009, 06:27 AM
Churron
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: Cheap Guy

The Slash is a bit heavier than a Rustler so I'd try one of the "true" 540 motors, probably a 13.5T or possibly a 8.5. I would think the 5.5T would be a little risky - too high kv?

Here's a chart for the .5 motors:

5.5T - 6000kv

8.5T - 4000kv

13.5T - 3300kv

17.5T - 2400kv

For comparison, the VXL Velineon is 10T - 3500kV

yeah i was leaning on either the 8.5 or the 5.5 and was also wondering if the 5.5 would be too much for the slash anyone out there tried the 5.5 in it?
Old 03-27-2009, 06:25 AM
Churron

comon guys,

anyone put the 5.5 or the 8.5 in the slash?
Old 03-27-2009, 08:33 AM
Cheap Guy

ORIGINAL: Churron

comon guys,

anyone put the 5.5 or the 8.5 in the slash?
C'mon, Man up and try it for the rest of us! We already took the risks with the 13T/35a in Rustlers.

Seriously I was going to buy the 60a/8.5 combo yesterday in anticipation of getting a Slash, but I only had $80 in my PayPal account (the 60a w/motor runs at least $100) and people are still asking crazy prices for Slash rollers.

If you do buy the .5 motor, let us know how it works out; I bet it would help a lot of Slash guys.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:52 AM
Churron

yeah i think im gonna end up doing that, probably the 5.5 just because i want the most power i can get, and hey if its too much, its too much, i can always get another motor.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:59 PM
Churron

ok guys, just ordered the 5.5 60amp combo off of ebay, once it gets here im going to drop it into my slash and see what happens, will post in here once and let everyone know how it turns out
Old 03-27-2009, 06:44 PM
FieroMan121
My Feedback: (2)

i just purchased the yeah racing 9 turn from rc-mart.com (because rc-mart is based in hong kong it takes a while to ship but if you guys want ill post up some stuff when i get it), its the same esc and card. and i belive the motor is the yeah racing 10t. for the price they cant be beat, my friend has the 13t version in his kyosho zx5 lazer, its got a good amount of power and makes very good and consistant laps at the track. and to top it off its got a lot of good features and the programing card is very user friendly. and the system is way nicer even than my vxl (which i bought for a project without thinking), for 89.99 you cant beat the set up, it comes with a lot of nice stuff and i have to say i was impressed enough to buy one for myself!

the 10 turn: http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-bru...?cPath=293_946

the whole line-up: http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/advanc...rds=brainpower

@Redvanmafia: dont be a hater, these motors have been around for a while and you clearly have no clue what your talking about
Old 03-27-2009, 09:30 PM
kahnen

Well, my combo arrived today. I was pretty excited, took 15 business days. Two weeks seems like forever when your waiting for something

After I got the shipping package open, I was surprised to find it packaged so nicely. I'm not sure why, maybe I was just expecting in to be cheap.

Everything snug and secure.

Came with a couple of additions that seemed a nice touch. Decals, zip ties, heat shrink and a couple of double sided tape squares.

Heres a pic next to a Dynamite Tazer esc, for size reference. Its a pretty small foot print.

And here it is installed in my XXX-T already to rip tomorrow Oh, I got rid of the tamiya connector and replaced it with deans.

**edited to reduce picture sizes**
Old 03-28-2009, 10:02 AM
GreenRacer
My Feedback: (3)

Hey folks!

Originally I tried to buy one from "goodlucksell" in which their name became a reality when they refused to sell after I won, citing no stock when they had three other auctions going of the same thing and still do haha. So, I bought mine Tuesday night from rc-mart (dinball on fleabay), shipped today finally. I hope I get it soon-ish, 8.5t/60a going into an old RC10t.

Has anybody else put one of these in an RC10T? I'm wondering if the stealth tranny can take it or will I have to use the old 6 gear beefy.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:20 AM
ScottStaypuff

ORIGINAL: GreenRacer

Hey folks!

Originally I tried to buy one from "goodlucksell" in which their name became a reality when they refused to sell after I won, citing no stock when they had three other auctions going of the same thing and still do haha. So, I bought mine Tuesday night from rc-mart (dinball on fleabay), shipped today finally. I hope I get it soon-ish, 8.5t/60a going into an old RC10t.

Has anybody else put one of these in an RC10T? I'm wondering if the stealth tranny can take it or will I have to use the old 6 gear beefy.

I bought from HobbyToys88 through Ebay and no issues, took 15 days to ship from HK, really not that bad.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:31 AM
e123

Hey folks!

I just got the program card today, bought in from dinball. It took almost 3 weeks to get here but was well packed and NIP. Plus it was $13 including shipping while other sellers had it for $20+. You should be ok with your purchase from him.

I have mine in a T3 and the Stealth tranny handles it with no problems at all. I have the 60a esc and a 9.5t reedy motor. Not exactly the same thing but pretty close I guess.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:05 PM
GreenRacer

I only tried the goodlucksell person because the exchange rates for AU dollars to US made the auction 80 shipped for a 12.5t/60a combo. The guy didn't want to eat the 20 bucks difference so he lied and refused to honor it.

But yeah I've bought from dinball before, they used to send business printed pens with their stuff! I still have one haha I ended up getting the 8.5t/60a for 105 shipped, he usually has really good prices and is very reliable. Now it's the waiting game.

edit: The old T's tranny I think is very similar but I recall reading long ago that the old T stealth can't handle BL very well..I may just be remembering wrong. [&:] I have a 3000mah 7.4 25c lipo, I'm running it already with a speed gems 15 and old novak t4 esc and it tears *** all around the yard, I can just imagine what BL will do to it.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:15 PM
kahnen

Hey folks!

Thats the person I bought mine from, while it seemed to take forever to get here, it did arrive without problems. I also used the buy it now feature. Did he offer something else, since it was out of stock? I would notify Ebay if he refused to honor the deal. If he is out of stock he should remove the listings.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:26 PM
kahnen

According to ebay, this is suppose to be the way a seller is to cancel a transaction that they can't make.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/canc...n-process.html

If I'm reading it correctly, is states that the buyer must agree to canceling it. If you don't then I assume the seller must either honor it or arrange from some kind of agreement.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:46 PM
GreenRacer

He refused to sell, told me he didn't have any more in stock and was very eager to refund me. I showed him the auctions he had going, including one he started AFTER telling me he was out of stock, he told me he wasn't able to end the auctions, which is a bald faced lie. I wasn't rude about it, neither was he. I just didn't like being lied to so I filed a complaint, ebay agreed in my favor and gave a warning. http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...rformance.html

Which...was pointless, and I knew it would be but I still wanted to express my frustration.

Edit; just to clarify, I have NO problem with dinball, they've always done well by me. My gripe is with "goodlucksell"
Old 03-28-2009, 07:41 PM
FieroMan121
My Feedback: (2)

dinball is very reliable, it seems skechy to first time buyers cuz it askes for email aand stuff but having had a freind that did it, i really didnt think about it, all in all though, i cant wait till i get mine, its in the mail now so now its just a waiting game.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:44 AM
Churron

Mine also came from dinball, i have ordered tons of things from them, usually from ebay, and they are always awesome, most of the time i get my item right around the 10 to 14 day range, pretty good coming from HK to the mid west. It does make you antsy waiting that long for something though. Wish there was someone in the US selling these things!

i did see the listing from goodlucksell and my mouse did hover over the buy it now button, but i went ahead and went with spending a few more dollars at dinball knowing i was gonna get good service, goodlucksell just seemed wrong, gave me a bad feeling. and now i know why!
Old 03-30-2009, 09:03 AM
kahnen

I got a chance to run mine this weekend alittle. It was raining all weekend so I didn't get to run off road stuff(didn't dare to test the splash proof since I JUST got it ) Street running though, with 4+ inch tall tires, geared 20/88 and 2s lipo the motor got warm(I was able to hold my finger on the end of the can forever), esc was cool, fan does its job well.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:21 PM
grumpE
My Feedback: (6)

I folks. I am much more of a plane and heli guy but have two Rustys for my boys and I to bash around. I have replaced one Titan with a brushed motor at my LHS. I am really intrigued by these systems for our other truck. We are not looking for massive speed. I like the idea of no more brush/com work mainly! This is what I think is the best solutions. Please share thoughts or comments.

35A 13T or 10T should be drop in correct?
35A 9T or lower could work but may need gearing changes, correct?

60A 13.5T or 17.5T could be used easily.
60A 8.5T could also be a good option.

Any thoughts or comments?

Thanks folks!!

Eric
Old 03-30-2009, 04:09 PM
kahnen

Yeah, for the 35A stuff go with a 13t for the Rusty. I'm useing a 9t in my XXX-T but its a light weight compared to a rustler. Any of the 60a combos will work for you. I don't know how old your boys are but the 8.5 and lower might be a bit to fast for them.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:54 PM
grumpE
My Feedback: (6)

Good thoughts on the 8.5. The oldest is just about 11 so speed is not the most desired end for dad.

Thanks for the input.

Eric
Old 04-06-2009, 03:18 PM
built2last2
My Feedback: (1)

This is not about the esc but about the 4300kv motors
ezrun series of coarse. Im using one of these in my
stock efirestorm my gearing is 88/21 with 7.4v 4000 mah
maxanps lipo.My issue is that i got alil low in grunt(not much)
top end sucks. So i gear this motor up waaay more or is
this just the way it is but it awesome on threes i just dont want
to blow anyting is there anyone out there running one of these
with a mm esc in a staduim truck and how do you have it geared?
using a 7.4v lipo.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:45 PM
kahnen

What your "punch" control set to? Could your slipper be to loose? Also gearing it up, ie. higher pinion teeth count will make you loose "grunt" and give more top speed.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:13 PM
kahnen

Glad you brought this thread back to the top too. Heres a new vid of the EZrun 9t combo in my Tamiya Stadium Blitzer. Its going in my XXX-T but of course, I smoked the ball diff first couple of runs with it so I'm going with a gear diff from the desert truck when the parts arrive. Some people say the ball diffs can take brushless but I know I can't set them up to.

http://s716.photobucket.com/albums/w...nt=EZRUN9t.flv

Edit: Youtube version for those that like youtube more.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfw3LFP-1hM
Old 04-06-2009, 05:00 PM
built2last2
My Feedback: (1)

My punch control is set on normal slipper tight.
I do want more top end.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.