Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

One Battery in ERevo?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 08:50 AM
stevehof

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One Battery in ERevo?

I like to bash at a local back country 'track' and access to this track requires a 1/2 mile walk in. We putt our trucks in and out along a trail. I'd like to run the ERevo on one 6 cell battery for the in and out hike. If I run the main batteries down to nothing the dang truck is a load to carry out of there...Will running the ERevo on one battery at walking speed hurt either the ESC or motor?...I don't even know if it WILL run on one battery...:^)...Thanks!
Old 02-11-2009, 12:26 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: One Battery in ERevo?

It will run fine (slow) on one battery. Use the connector that powers up the servo and esc. Jumper the other side with one of these http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPYB3&P=7
Old 02-11-2009, 01:11 PM
The Hedgehog

Carry it, it's 1/2 mile.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:37 AM
stevehof

ORIGINAL: guver

It will run fine (slow) on one battery. Use the connector that powers up the servo and esc. Jumper the other side with one of these http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPYB3&P=7
Thanks for this info!!!
Old 02-12-2009, 09:43 AM
stevehof

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan

Carry it, it's 1/2 mile.
Thanks for the thoughtful reply, I wish I was healthy and 20 years old again but at 61 and having less than half of my lung capacity due to genetic illness, carrying my Revo and my Summit and a bunch of batteries for a 1/2 mile is a real chore...My 7 year old grandchild can't carry either the 9 pound Revo or the 11 pound Summit....
Old 02-12-2009, 10:35 AM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: stevehof
Thanks for the thoughtful reply, I wish I was healthy and 20 years old again but at 61 and having less than half of my lung capacity due to genetic illness, carrying my Revo and my Summit and a bunch of batteries for a 1/2 mile is a real chore...My 7 year old grandchild can't carry either the 9 pound Revo or the 11 pound Summit....
I understand, without any knowledge of this prior to this post I would have no idea of the genetic illness. I apologize, and I am sure something will work out.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:47 AM
Ttam Says Blarg

Do you have like a wagon that you can put all your stuff in? Will the terrain let you use a wagon?