Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Speed Passion 1/8 Brushless

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 09:19 AM
maybelater29
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed Passion 1/8 Brushless

Just saw [link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_221_911/products_id/34148]this[/link] looks like it could be nice for my Maxx. Anybody have any experience with them?
Old 03-30-2009, 09:21 AM
04DarkShadowGT

Default RE: Speed Passion 1/8 Brushless

Never heard of it, but its the same price as the MMM2200 combo and I would definatly rather have that.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:29 AM
maybelater29

ORIGINAL: 04DarkShadowGT

Never heard of it, but its the same price as the MMM2200 combo and I would definatly rather have that.

Why is that?
Old 03-30-2009, 09:52 AM
ShadowKiller

because its castle creations and there esc's have always been great and you can tuen them to just about anything you want with the castle link that comes with it and then the motor is a castle/nue so basically puttin 2 already great motors together makin an even better motor with out havin to pay the price and take the time of waiting to get a nue motor
Old 03-30-2009, 10:01 AM
maybelater29

ORIGINAL: ShadowKiller

because its castle creations and there esc's have always been great and you can tuen them to just about anything you want with the castle link that comes with it and then the motor is a castle/nue so basically puttin 2 already great motors together makin an even better motor with out havin to pay the price and take the time of waiting to get a nue motor

See I personally hate the castle link.....I use tekin (to this point) because I can tune with my computer or without. The SP has a tunning system that allows you to make all the adjustments with a plug in unit so again no need for a computer...as of now the CC MMM is not on my list of systems for my Maxx because of the Castle Link...My list is Tekin RX8 and the SP (as for now). I also like the idea of sensored.

Old 03-30-2009, 05:02 PM
Seek and Destroy

ORIGINAL: maybelater29

ORIGINAL: ShadowKiller

See I personally hate the castle link.....I use tekin (to this point) because I can tune with my computer or without. The SP has a tunning system that allows you to make all the adjustments with a plug in unit so again no need for a computer...as of now the CC MMM is not on my list of systems for my Maxx because of the Castle Link...My list is Tekin RX8 and the SP (as for now). I also like the idea of sensored.

Umm maybe the novak HV x.5 esc and motors. THey are sensored and around the smae price.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:11 PM
e123

ORIGINAL: maybelater29

Just saw [link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_221_911/products_id/34148]this[/link] looks like it could be nice for my Maxx. Anybody have any experience with them?
I dont have any experience with this one, but I do have an ezRun esc that has been great. They are made by the same company. There is a ezrun thread on here with a lot of good info and a lot of happy users. But the big plus of the ezrun system is that it works great and is cheaper than the more well known stuff. Looks like thats not the case with this one.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:30 AM
Eman77

I believe Speed Passion is distributed by Schumacher USA. If it's in line with Schumacher's usual stuff, it's top notch.

Speed Passion systems are big in the UK from what I recall, and folks there really seem to like them from what I can tell. They just don't seem all that well known in the US here (yet).