Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Is this right

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 08:08 PM
MTboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this right

Looking to get some batts and wanted to make sure that I have every thing right before I order. These will be use for our stock Rustlers and have heard good things about them. Just need to know if I have it right so I can place the order unless some one has a better way to go..
http://www.promatchracing.com/proddetail.php?prod=4600
Old 05-01-2009, 08:28 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Is this right

Those will do nice in a stock Rustler, sure. Side by side, high current bars, big capacity. Just make sure you have upgraded connectors on the Rustlers (either Deans or Traxxas High Current). I wouldn't have the end bars installed to make sure they fit in with the stock battery strap. Other than that, you should be good.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:59 PM
MTboy

Thanks for the help.
So side by side
Deans connectors
and have the endbars installed... Got it...
One more thing. Will these be good for future upgades? Like going brushless later? We plan on going ezrun 13.5T combo later so would like if these worked good together or if I should think about something defferent..
Old 05-01-2009, 09:35 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

You mentioned
and have the endbars installed...
I recommended actually not having those installed. I think they will definitely interfere with the rustler battery setup.

If you plan to go brushless, in all honesty you really should go Li-po if you can. A good 7.4V lipo will outperform a 6V Nimh pack for continuous output (equals higher speed), longer run times (more efficient) and lighter (better handling). You will need a Li-po charger too, so it can get expensive if you go that route.

Lipos are pretty expensive. I think a 4000mAh lipo from a reputable chinese manufacturer (non-brand name) is still $75 or so with brand names being more than that.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:10 PM
scarletboa
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

You mentioned
and have the endbars installed...
I recommended actually not having those installed. I think they will definitely interfere with the rustler battery setup.

If you plan to go brushless, in all honesty you really should go Li-po if you can. A good 7.4V lipo will outperform a 6V Nimh pack for continuous output (equals higher speed), longer run times (more efficient) and lighter (better handling). You will need a Li-po charger too, so it can get expensive if you go that route.

Lipos are pretty expensive. I think a 4000mAh lipo from a reputable chinese manufacturer (non-brand name) is still $75 or so with brand names being more than that.

hobbycity.com has a 2s 4000mah 25c hardcase pack for only $27. the first ones that came out had bad solder jobs but the new ones are good. i plan on ordering a couple for my rustler vxl.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:26 AM
traxxaspede

I just ordered two of those...they shipped from Hong Kong on 4/27. Today it said there in New York, so it should be about a week? untill they get here...I'll let you know how they are, but for that price...
Old 05-02-2009, 06:22 AM
MTboy

Sorry about that. I ment to say not to have the endbars installed.
I would like to go with lipo but since this is for three stock rustlers I would have to buy 3 LVC and feel that would be a waste of money since we will be going brushless soon after. Plus at $25 a pop I just don't see the point unless I can find cheaper ones.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:55 AM
MTboy

I'm looking at putting an alarm on so I can run lipo's but I'm not seeing how to hook it up. Do I need a connector of some kind to make this alarm work with lipo? I'm wanting to get the 2s 4000mah 25c hardcase pack and use this alarm..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...%3D4%26ps%3D10

Anyone have any info on making this work?

Update:
If the above don't work then I'm thinking about the Novak smart stop 2c. But wondering if this will work on all XL ESC's. I'm not sure what XL esc I'm getting with my Rustler from the trade so if the Novak will work for all then I can go with that and the lipo's..
I would rather go with just the alarm since we will be going brushless later and the alarm would not be a big waste of money..