Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

NUTECH 1/10 ELECTRIC

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 02:13 PM
Jeremy Z

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: NUTECH 1/10 ELECTRIC

That is a good point about supplying Molex as beginner-friendly connectors.

However, even for a beginner-friendly car, they are not efficient after only a few runs.  They rob power and they heat up because the contacts get loose.

Consider searching for another option. If Deans is too expensive and Traxxas is proprietary, how about Anderson? Sell the equipment needed to set up new batteries, chargers, etc. through the same channels that sell the truck. This would not even require soldering, just good instructions on how to prevent battery shorts.

When I bought my Stampede, I was looking for a truck like the one pictured above. One motor, shaft-driven 4WD, but with decent suspension. Tamiyas are either 2WD or 4WD with multiple motors and garbage "friction dampers."  When they do include proper oil shocks, the price goes through the roof.

HPI has already gotten somewhat of a reputation for bad customer service and poor parts availability, which is a shame, as their vehicles seem to be pretty good.

I probably would have bought that truck if it were available a couple months ago with the promise of good after sale service and parts availability.

Traxxas, for example, already has a pretty great reputation for durability, performance, and parts availability. Think of how you're going to compete with them. Maybe a more personalized relationship with your customers? Emails and phone calls returned immediately? For now, you have a model that fits into a niche in their line. An affordable 4WD truck with proper shocks. It'll have to cost less than E-Maxx I think.

If that is a stock 540 motor, you might consider including something more powerful. Even 2WD buggies aren't fast with a 540 motor. Much less shaft-driven 4WD truck with more unspring weight. Maybe something along the line of the Speed 600? They can't cost too much more than a 540, but will raise the performance to an acceptable level.

For the brushless option, maybe consider contracting with EZRun to supply an affordable brushless system that will cost less than Velineon, Novak Havoc, and Castle Sidewinder but perform just as well. (or very nearly so!)

One last thing I'm confused about. You're in Hong Kong, but your user name says GmbH. GmbH = Germany. What gives? The company is German, but the production is in the East?

Old 05-27-2009, 02:19 PM
Redvanmafia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i noticed that as well, i work for "PERI" a formwork/scaffolding company that comes out of germany and GmbH is on all the material.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:56 PM
lam1na

Looks pretty good.. is that a 540 or 550 motor ?

Also i agree to an extent with Jeremy about the connectors.. But i think the tamiya connectors are suitable because most beginners do not want the hassel of having to learn to solder. When getting into the rc hobby, most of a beginners batts and chargers will have tamiya connecters which makes the connectors on this truck suitable. If the truck was to have deans, some beginners may just think twice about getting it just because of the hassel of having to solder.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:57 PM
mousecritter
My Feedback: (3)

When is the expected release date?
Old 05-30-2009, 12:11 PM
Nutech GmbH

The release date is mid July.

Old 05-30-2009, 12:40 PM
Kitsune
My Feedback: (7)

It's almost funny that you can clearly see the Ford logo and other details are super imposed on the body.

Last time I checked these were "discussion forums" not a place to stick free advertising.

Old 05-30-2009, 09:04 PM
mousecritter
My Feedback: (3)

I don't see any harm in his supposed "advertising." He could have easily made a new user name and asked what we though of this new MT. I'm glad there are more options out there. It makes this hobby unique and interesting.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:13 PM
Frankfka

loooks nice, as for the connectors i think the tamiyas are just fine.ppl can upgrade to deans later,I dont see much deans on nimhs right now.But its true that most 7-cells have TRX connectors...
Old 06-28-2009, 06:24 AM
Kitsune

ORIGINAL: mousecritter

I don't see any harm in his supposed "advertising." He could have easily made a new user name and asked what we though of this new MT. I'm glad there are more options out there. It makes this hobby unique and interesting.
No, but I see harm in the hypocrisy that overflows from the way these forums are "moderated." If that same thread were put up by me, it would be assuredly be deleted. The difference? I'm not a sponsor of this place. If I greased some palms in that way, that would make it different.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:06 AM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

be careful...i just said i liked the name and they deleted my post....
Old 06-28-2009, 07:59 AM
04DarkShadowGT

If a company comes onto a public forum and tries to advertise, why shouldn't the posters be allowed to give their opinion right or wrong.

I mean if you want to sell a redcat/exceed/nutech or whatever other brand comes off that particular Chinese assembly line you could at least not steal a Traxxas designed tire or Ford badged body. I am sure you have paid Ford for the ability to use it right?

I know Foxy you say everyone has to start somewhere, but stealing is not a place to start imo. I am fairly certain that Traxxas, Losi, AE, and HPI didnt see a Tamiya design and say we can make one that is identical to that one.

Its the same deal with all the HPI Baja Clones.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:16 AM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:56 AM
Nutech GmbH

ORIGINAL: 04DarkShadowGT

If a company comes onto a public forum and tries to advertise, why shouldn't the posters be allowed to give their opinion right or wrong.

I mean if you want to sell a redcat/exceed/nutech or whatever other brand comes off that particular Chinese assembly line you could at least not steal a Traxxas designed tire or Ford badged body. I am sure you have paid Ford for the ability to use it right?

I know Foxy you say everyone has to start somewhere, but stealing is not a place to start imo. I am fairly certain that Traxxas, Losi, AE, and HPI didnt see a Tamiya design and say we can make one that is identical to that one.

What steal?

please say things carefully or we will take legal action.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:00 AM
FieroMan121
My Feedback: (2)

I am fairly certain that Traxxas, Losi, AE, and HPI didnt see a Tamiya design and say we can make one that is identical to that one.
well... youd be surprised, for example traxxas's titan 12t 550, well, its a relabled mass produced motor, ive found it in everything from a R.S. hummer to a toys'r'us rideable electronic trike.

and if i recall a number of brands got in big trouble a while back when vw chimed in on the flagrant non-authorized use of the bug design.

Also, if i recall, molex or 'tamiya" connectors were what everyone used for the longest time so why are they all of a sudden bad, they work fine for the 3600mah or so batts, its not like you cant solder them later on! or buy adapters from tower hobbies or your local hobby shop

i hope to see what becomes of this thing, there is a definite niche in the hobby for a true 1/10th 4wd truck, not a modded buggy or under scaled 1/8th mt (trx used to call the revo/maxx series 1/10th scale) but a true 1/10th 4wd truck, the only other offering was from hpi but that was discontuned some time ago and only the nitro version can be bought with a belt drive.

good luck man, if you can get it into the lhs and onto places like tower, a-main, and such than i think this will be a good thing! id pick one up if i had the cash right now!
Old 06-28-2009, 09:02 AM
Nutech GmbH

who told you we can not post our pruduct on forum? please read the RCU forum rules before offend the others.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:21 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Kitsune

ORIGINAL: mousecritter

I don't see any harm in his supposed ''advertising.'' He could have easily made a new user name and asked what we though of this new MT. I'm glad there are more options out there. It makes this hobby unique and interesting.
No, but I see harm in the hypocrisy that overflows from the way these forums are ''moderated.'' If that same thread were put up by me, it would be assuredly be deleted. The difference? I'm not a sponsor of this place. If I greased some palms in that way, that would make it different.
If it were hypocrisy, I would advertise, then remove your post advertising. A third party can't be involved in hypocrisy.

Even those who do not pay for advertising can make one product announcement per month.

Apart from that though, you don't think that the people who make sure that this site keeps running and improving (the paying advertisers), should be allowed to advertise? Er, yeh, ok.

You people make me laugh you really do. Do you realise your television is a clone, so is your PC, and microwave, and half your radio control cars (yes, even the ones you don't think are clones? Do you also realise that your beloved companies like Duratrax etc are cloning the clones. All I see here is a lot of people wihtout a clue of what they speak. Any more bashing in this thread and I''ll start deleting posts.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:23 AM
Foxy

It's almost funny that you can clearly see the Ford logo and other details are super imposed on the body.

Last time I checked these were ''discussion forums'' not a place to stick free advertising.

The Ford body is fully licensed. Wow, you never give up do you.

Secondly, there's nothing free about the advertising, Nutech pays for it.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:27 AM
Foxy

It's not the same deal at all. Nutech are making much higher quality products (and much more expensive as well) than King Motors, plus the large scale stuff isn't clones, just a couple of 1/10th electrics. Don't tell me large amounts of R and D money went into them. Besides, if you don't like it, don't buy em. Half the RC companies are cloning, including Losi and Xray. Gimme a break.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:33 AM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: redfisher1974

be careful...i just said i liked the name and they deleted my post....
Don't play games, you deliberately spelt it wrong, three times in a row, even though it was in the thread title. Furthermore, as I explained to you at the time, the posts were REPORTED, I was obliged to do something. Seriously, what do you think you will acheive by pretending things are one way when they are another? Keep this up, and you (and all the others trolling in this thread) will find yourself subject to administrative action.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:33 AM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: Foxy

The Ford body is fully licensed. Wow, you never give up do you.
I have a hard time believing it. Where did you read that?
Old 06-28-2009, 10:55 AM
Kitsune

If it were hypocrisy, I would advertise, then remove your post advertising. A third party can't be involved in hypocrisy.
Thank you Mr. Lawyer. How about having double standards then? Whatever you deem is the right term for that situation, it's just not right, regardless of who does it to which ever party.

Even those who do not pay for advertising can make one product announcement per month.
Talk to your fellow moderators about it then. I've encountered different just trying to get idea for products to make. I'm sure more "terms and conditions apply" too, though.

Apart from that though, you don't think that the people who make sure that this site keeps running and improving (the paying advertisers), should be allowed to advertise? Er, yeh, ok.
I never said that. I said the discussion forums where not the place to do it. They have their little banners and other forms of advertising over the site, and that's fine. That's what they're paying for. The forums are for discussion, not to sneak in more advertising.

You people make me laugh you really do. Do you realise your television is a clone, so is your PC, and microwave, and half your radio control cars (yes, even the ones you don't think are clones? Do you also realise that your beloved companies like Duratrax etc are cloning the clones. All I see here is a lot of people wihtout a clue of what they speak. Any more bashing in this thread and I''ll start deleting posts.
First of all, I wasn't talking about clones. Granted the issue was brought up by others, and I can see where you thought I was too. I don't really want to get into that now, but suffice to say your side of that issue sounds like a conspiracy theory.

The problem I'm having with this thread is just what I said before. Paying advertisers have no problems using the forums to give more public view for their products, but when I try to just discuss parts I want to make and sell (sell somewhere else like the marketplace or e-bay, that is) I either get my postings deleted, or at the very least get an "watch it, cause I've got my eye on you" sort of attitude from a moderator.

As a side note, I really don't appreciate the threats to delete my and other people's posts. The last time I checked, we all still have the 1st amendment: freedom of speech (us crazy Americans anyway ). Not freedom of speech so long as I'm right or pleasant in my speech, but full freedom to say what's on my mind right or wrong. If you want to delete my post for swearing or making threats to other people, fine, but don't delete them because you think my views are false or downright crazy.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:00 AM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: Nutech GmbH

What steal?

please say things carefully or we will take legal action.
All other manufacturers and sellers on this board that I've encountered have been polite with their potential buyers. When someone criticized them, they would either politely correct the person or ignore the post. I, for one, am very offended by this threatening remark.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:13 AM
Foxy

As a side note, I really don't appreciate the threats to delete my and other people's posts. The last time I checked, we all still have the 1st amendment: freedom of speech (us crazy Americans anyway ). Not freedom of speech so long as I'm right or pleasant in my speech, but full freedom to say what's on my mind right or wrong. If you want to delete my post for swearing or making threats to other people, fine, but don't delete them because you think my views are false or downright crazy.
lol, 1st amendment? On a private forum? Sorry, no. No freedom of speech on RCU, ask the management. I'm not threatening, I am simply informing of the consequences.

Mad Modder, how could you be offended by someone trying to protect themselves from slander, and besides, read through the thread, these guys have been getting on his back about everything from a to z for some reason, no real surprise he's getting frustrated. You'll find Chris is a great guy when people aren't slinging stuff at him, I'm sure that's not how he wants to come across, I know him personally, please don't get the wrong idea.

Nutech makes a perfectly acceptable thread in the correct forum, informing about a product, in accordance with the rules, and has had to put up with all this shameful behaviour from a few members who have some inexplicable problem with him posting here, or his product. Unbelievable.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:25 AM
The Mad Modder

Mad Modder, how could you be offended by someone trying to protect themselves from slander, and besides, read through the thread, these guys have been getting on his back about everything from a to z for some reason, no real surprise he's getting frustrated. You'll find Chris is a great guy when people aren't slinging stuff at him, I'm sure that's not how he wants to come across, I know him personally, please don't get the wrong idea.
Sir, I don't see how a threat to sue someone cannot be considered offensive. While I agree that he may have been upset by those remarks, it hardly condones resourcing to threats. As I said in my previous post, a lot of other manufacturers and sellers have been insulted to an equal degree, yet kept their cool. Chris needs to understand that as a businessman he will encounter both positive AND negative feedback.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:32 AM
Foxy

You are right, and under other circumstances you'll find he's a different person. You have to understand, some people's psychology is a bit different. Chris has a conflict inside him because he's proud to be Chinese, of course. But, he's trying to get away from the reputation that he knows himself Chinese companies have. This combination of concerns I'm sure you'll agree, can lead to mixed emotions when reading posts particularly of the ilk that accuse him of unlicensed cloning. I think he's been judged extremely unfairly in this thread, not by you, just generally. But yes, you are right, that threatening attitude isn't ideal, I'm sure he realises that now he's reading these posts.

Yes, the Ford body is licensed, I know because I know. Chris has recently decided not to renew the license on this one, and has been in discussions with other car makers. Like I said, I know him personally.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.