Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

HPI's Blitz

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 10:14 PM
peoriarustler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI's Blitz

Does anyone here have a HPI Blitz?? from what I see it looks very nice, not BL but not a problem. Thinking about switching from rustler to HPI Blitz....? Whats does anyone know about this truck.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:40 PM
samguan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: HPI's Blitz

I want one toooooo...
Old 08-03-2009, 11:50 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well the truck won't be out until the fall....
There is already a thread about the HPI Blitz... http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_89..._1/key_/tm.htm
Old 08-03-2009, 11:56 PM
huntergalles

stick with the rustler traxxas is number 1 when it comes to electric but i would never buy nitro form them
Old 08-04-2009, 01:10 AM
For_The_Win

ORIGINAL: huntergalles

stick with the rustler traxxas is number 1 when it comes to electric but i would never buy nitro form them

Yeaaaaahhhhh ummmmm I hate to pop your bubble... But no there not....
Old 08-04-2009, 01:30 AM
Casper06

ORIGINAL: For_The_Win

Sorry I have to agree here... Traxxas [:'(]

The Blitz is based on a solid chassis and should be a great car but no way to really know until people actually have them in their hands.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:42 AM
For_The_Win

ORIGINAL: Casper06

ORIGINAL: For_The_Win

Sorry I have to agree here... Traxxas [:'(]

The Blitz is based on a solid chassis and should be a great car but no way to really know until people actually have them in their hands.
Traxxas is only known for there durablity..
Old 08-04-2009, 08:36 AM
TIGER76

You cant really compare the blitz to the rustler different chassis totally

now you could compare the traxxas slash to the blitz as there both Short Course trucks,the rustler is a ST (staduim truck) like the hpi firestrom.

Check your local track to see what classes they run most run a short course class now be it stock class or open (BL)

Traxxas arent no1 in electrics they sell alot due to the price and durability of there RTR

As the blitz is new it needs to prove itself on the track first against its rivals but HPI make some great RTRs so quality should be good [8D]
Old 08-04-2009, 10:41 AM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: TIGER76

You cant really compare the blitz to the rustler different chassis totally

now you could compare the traxxas slash to the blitz as there both Short Course trucks,the rustler is a ST (staduim truck) like the hpi firestrom.

Check your local track to see what classes they run most run a short course class now be it stock class or open (BL)

Traxxas arent no1 in electrics they sell alot due to the price and durability of there RTR

As the blitz is new it needs to prove itself on the track first against its rivals but HPI make some great RTRs so quality should be good [8D]
You really can't compare the Blitz to the Slash either. Althought they are both CORR trucks, they are built on different chassis.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:19 AM
Traxxas4fun
My Feedback: (3)

yes, you can compare the blitz to the slash. if you cant compare them becasue they have different chassis. then you cant compare any trucks to eachother
Old 08-04-2009, 11:42 AM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: Traxxas4fun

yes, you can compare the blitz to the slash. if you cant compare them becasue they have different chassis. then you cant compare any trucks to eachother
Look again the Slash and the Losi Striker are both built off of 2wd MT chassis's. The AE SC10 and HPI Blitz are both built off of Stadium truck chassis. All I am is saying is that everyone tries to compare these trucks to each other and I really don't think that it is possible seeing how they are built on different setups. Just my opinion...[8D]
Old 08-04-2009, 11:46 AM
thzero

+1

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

Look again the Slash and the Losi Striker are both built off of 2wd MT chassis's. The AE SC10 and HPI Blitz are both built off of Stadium truck chassis. All I am is saying is that everyone tries to compare these trucks to each other and I really don't think that it is possible seeing how they are built on different setups. Just my opinion...[8D]
Old 08-04-2009, 11:48 AM
TIGER76

Know what you mean T9 i was thinking more along the lines of race classes but your right some of them are built of different chassis,and hard to compare but with short course being the big thing at the moment with every company bringing one out they all get put in a class together.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:55 AM
huntergalles

yeah thats what im sayin the rustler can be bashed hard i never have to fix my bandit vxl the only thing that ever hapened was the motor guard cracked and they have the worlds firs waterproof brushless system but idk if it really is that waterproof im thinking about buying the 1/16 slash vxl
Old 08-04-2009, 12:08 PM
Access

All I can say is that HPI has shown with the E-firestorm that they can get close to or match the Rustlers in terms of durability but exceed them in terms of handling. If the blitz continues this trend, we might have a good vehicle that has the durability of a slash, but handles significantly better.