Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

going brushless need advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 10:32 PM
shnebo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default going brushless need advice

ok i have a traxxas rustler xl-5 and i want to convert it to brushless. and i dont really know what brushless syatem i should get. i love to bash and i like doing speed runs. and i want to race. i usually run my car in short grass, pavement, and dirt and sometimes gravel
i mean should i get the mamba max or vxl or what? price range is anything up to the price of the mm
Old 09-05-2009, 10:35 PM
rebuilder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: going brushless need advice

The VXL system is suited for exactly what you will be doing.................you need a torquey motor, the 3500kv velineon is a perfect choice, and for the "speed runs" part, run it on 3s.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:38 PM
shnebo

ok and i have 2 7 cell nimh 3000 mah batteries. so for the speeed runs i should use a 3s and for bashing and just dirt and stuff my 7 cell or what?
Old 09-05-2009, 10:51 PM
rebuilder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You wont want to run a 3000 mah 7 cell with the VXL system................you wont be impressed at all..............you will find yourself running 3s lipo all the time.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:54 PM
shnebo

well i know it wont go fast but ill still use them.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:12 PM
Druss

ORIGINAL: shnebo

ok i have a traxxas rustler xl-5 and i want to convert it to brushless. and i dont really know what brushless syatem i should get. i love to bash and i like doing speed runs. and i want to race. i usually run my car in short grass, pavement, and dirt and sometimes gravel
i mean should i get the mamba max or vxl or what? price range is anything up to the price of the mm
If you want to race at all then find out what is allowed. If you have to follow ROAR then the VXL won't work but the mamba's have been approved. I'd suggest a novak havoc 17.5 stock or something myself. As for batteries, again, find out what's allowed. Most places don't allow 3S in races, it's either 6 cell sub c or 2 cell lipo.