Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Official Traxxas 4wd Slash Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 09:07 PM
simplecj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Official Traxxas 4wd Slash Thread...

Got my Slash today! I'm glad to see many parts are exchangeable with my rustlers. I even modded my rusty with the Jang wide front using rear arms so that's all I need to buy now if an arm breaks. All my Rustler tires will work on the Slash, but not with the stock body. Mashers are way too big. The baja beetle body looks pretty sick and you can use bigger tires with it.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:36 PM
nitroexpress

It is, with the Platnium.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:12 PM
it8ezbngrn

Hey there was a guy who couldn't get his ESC to come off the LVC setting. Mine did the same thing today. I was running 3S and then 2S and then went to NiMH and forgot to shut off the LVC. Well it hiot the LVC quick and so I went to shut it off. This was in my dual VXL E Revo with the VXL-3S ESC. One came out of LVC mode and the other would not. I actually had to get one of my 3S batteries and power it up using that to get it out of LVC. Once I hit LVC and the LED was flasshing red, using a 7 cell nimh I could not get it back out. Even uplugging and so on. The only tyhing that worked was using the 3S which brought it out of LVC cut off then I could then shut the LVC mode off.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:22 PM
it8ezbngrn

With the baja bug body you still may need to put spacers on the body mounts. I am doing that to run mine with the baja body and Stampede VXL 2.8 front wheels (all 4). Also you need to trim off the rear motor detail portion or remove the rear slash bumber for the baja body if you do not extend the body mounts.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:00 AM
vinnielopez
My Feedback: (7)

Maybe a stupid question but would a rustler body fit on a slash? Or maybe is there a similar body made that works?
Old 04-10-2010, 08:53 AM
1fastsob
My Feedback: (33)

check out my bug body
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw69135.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	257.0 KB
ID:	1415338   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb90377.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	235.6 KB
ID:	1415339  
Old 04-10-2010, 11:16 AM
ludeman

I love the BUG body where did you get it? I especially like the Herbie the love bug paint job!
Old 04-10-2010, 12:38 PM
vinnielopez

The bug body is awesome thats an option any others out there?
Old 04-10-2010, 12:40 PM
ScottKelly911

The Bug Body is made by Proline, I've got one that I still need to paint. One thing that i noticed about them is that the plastic is very thick so they should be very durable. Also with the round shape, I'm hoping that it will roll over onto it's wheels easier causing less time to go out and flip it back on it's wheels lol
Old 04-10-2010, 01:43 PM
vinnielopez

awesome
Old 04-10-2010, 11:42 PM
it8ezbngrn

Page 13 of this post has pics of my baja body resting on Pede wheels.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:17 AM
1fastsob

thanks everyone i actually have a set of 2.8" tires/wheels but ive been having a hard time with gearing so im keeping stock size for now...im actually thinking about entering it in the vw show tomorro...me and a friend will have both mine and his mini slash with a dune buggy body(which i just got one for my mini slash too but mine looks better ) then after that were gonna "relocate" our track
Old 04-11-2010, 12:15 PM
birdman1968

I was having problems at first with debris gettting stuck in the drive shaft area , since there is an opening near the front and another by the slipper clutch nut . I noticed a guy that just took the driveshaft cover off completely . I have been running that way on my local track a few times . Any others out there that are running this way with success ?? Not sure I would want to do this running outdooors in loose dirt , but at the track all takes is a little blow out with compressed air to get any dirt out . But , honestly , very litttle seems to stay in that area running with the cover off .
Old 04-11-2010, 02:03 PM
simplecj

ORIGINAL: ScottKelly911

The Bug Body is made by Proline, I've got one that I still need to paint. One thing that i noticed about them is that the plastic is very thick so they should be very durable. Also with the round shape, I'm hoping that it will roll over onto it's wheels easier causing less time to go out and flip it back on it's wheels lol
That was my thought too. Seems the nice tall and rounded body would naturally result in more wrecks ending up back on the wheels. I hate having to chase my truck down like a disabled turtle. Even considered some kind of automated arm that could push out to flip the truck back over... hope the beetle dome will work as well.

I just got two cheap sets of tires, some anacondas and dirt hawgs. Kinda mad about this but apparently they went on a nitro rustler cause two of the tires have round mounting holes that are wider than the axles and there's no hex. Haven't ever had a nitro, but I'm guessing only thing I need are some adapters right?

EDIT: ok, I looked and apparently on the nitro inserts, the front tires get bearings instead of the steering block... so, getting them to work on a 4wd slash is going to be a challenge. I need some kind of adapter that will grip the insert good enough to avoid slipping. With no hex... that's going to be tough. Might even have to come up with a custom adapter made on a lathe. Anyone got any ideas?

I REALLY want to use these tires. I got a killer deal. Two full sets, Anacondas and Dirt Hawgs, with very little use on them.... all for only $25 shipped!
Old 04-14-2010, 07:47 AM
danny70

Hey Have any of you guys race this truck yet? I have the PE and my buddy has one to and we both have put 1/8th scale buggy tires on it and we are keeping up with the 1/8th scale buggy guys in practice. Our track is going to have a class w/ 1/8th scale buggy tires. Let me tell ya this thing is the sweetest SC 4x4 . I have no prob hitting triples and moving around in the air
Now that i have put real diff fluid in the diffs. and let me tell ya it makes a world of difference with the RIGHT diff fluid in this thing. Only prob i have is that bearing in frt of the center diff freezing up. and burning up my diff housing . but traxxas replaced it for free. man i need a over the tray cover. other than that this thing is the shizzzzzzzit.[>:]
Old 04-17-2010, 01:26 AM
it8ezbngrn

Anyone using the fast lane products yet?
Old 04-17-2010, 04:31 PM
ScottKelly911

ORIGINAL: it8ezbngrn

Anyone using the fast lane products yet?
hold off for now, I received my axles from them and the ball joints had issues with the set screws that hold in the pins. They sent out replacements, got them yesterday and having the same problem. Jamie (the owner) is really nice and seems to be willing to do anything to help out, his wife unfortunately doesn't seem to have the same enthusiasm and again unfortunately she's in charge of "customer support". My friends and I did a group buy and my friend handled the transaction. But he's getting frustrated dealing with her, Ithink her name is Regina or something similar. I told him I'll take over. Before we got the replacements, he told them the problems with the originals they sent us and asked that they please test fit the replacements before sending them out. Obviously that was not done, so I'm going to the hardware store to go test out standard sized set screws hoping that maybe they used a Standard size hole for the ball joints and sent Metric sized set screws. If this doesn't work, then I'm going to have to call them one final time to try to get this resolved. If they don't offer solutions that meet my expectations, I'll ask for my money back (luckily used CC incase they're not forthcoming with a refund). Our original order was placed right before RCExpo and picked them up there at his booth, so we're going on near a month. In the mean time, between the 6 of us, we've broken probably a dozen or so axles, maybe more, so we've been spending additional money breaking parts that we wouldn't have to be replacing had we received non-defective axles in the first place (there goes the money saved on the group discount). So right now, I'm very hesitant in giving them a good referal. Hold off at least until Monday or Tuesday before placing an order and I'll post on what happens from here.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:04 PM
1fastsob

well i ran my slash into a tree..i mean a tree jumped in front of me and i broke a front a arm..so i decided to order a full set of rpm a arms to go all the way around..any problems with the rpm arms, i know theyre usually the sh1t but just making sure rpm did a good job on the 4x4 slash!
also got my 2s 5000mAh lipo's so now i have a class i can race in..now to get to the track as theyve changed the layout on me!!
Old 04-19-2010, 03:42 PM
ScottKelly911

I spoke with Jamie this morning (VERY nice guy, very happy to deal withhim, great customer support and very knowledgeable with technicalissues) and he was extremely apologetic and never received the requestfor hand fitment testing. He let me know that the corner of the machinethat does the tap (threading) had a corner on the tap break, which wasresponsible for the defect in the parts. Jamie said he's very sorry andwill make sure things are taken care of. Here's what he's doing to make sure all things go smoothly:

-Sending replacements for the complete order and including two extra complete sets as a gesture to make up for our inconvenience
-He said if we make a note to have him hand test fit them beforesending them back out, he'd be happy to do so to ensure the product isperfect when we receive them
-Express mailing them to us so we'd have them by Friday as the parts will be ready Thursday
-Including a self-addressed, self-stamped envelope so we could return the defective parts.

Fastlane Machine hasa very good reputation in the RC community and I understand that thingsfrom time to time don't go as planned due to machinery breakage ortolerance issues, the true merrit of a company is how well they take care ofyou when things don't go perfectly. The offer of two additional axlereplacement sets truly was a fantastic gesture of good will and I'm quite certain things will finally be remedied. I have my fingers crossed and will report back.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:54 PM
it8ezbngrn

Where do I get these? They don't seem to sell them on thier site. Stormer is out of stock. Looking to get some soon.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:51 PM
simplecj

ORIGINAL: it8ezbngrn

Where do I get these? They don't seem to sell them on their site. Stormer is out of stock. Looking to get some soon.
Where do you get what?? RPM arms?? Lots of places, just make sure they are for the 4x4 version (front and back are the same) the 2wd arms don't work. Check Tower Hobbies or eBay (that's where I got mine).

Funny... I just broke an arm too, but for me it was a large rock that jumped in front of me. Luckily I already had the RPM ones on hand, but now I need to order a second set for the back. They seem nice and the screws even go in better than on the stock ones.

OH!! And can I just say that Traxxas really did a good job on this truck to make it easy to work on. Swapping out the arms was a cinch! I love how the bumper holds the main arm pins in, no more screw pins that work their way out!
Old 04-19-2010, 07:17 PM
drgnerth

My stock body is destroyed, whats the most durable body you can get? The stocker lasted a bout 3 months just want something a little stronger.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:30 PM
simplecj

I'm pretty sure the baja bug body is .060" Lexan, while the stock body is only .040". A lot of Proline bodies are the heavier material. I have the baja bug body and a dodge truck body coming, both proline .060" lexan and I'm pretty sure I can use bigger tires with them.

I've got two sets of masher tires from my ruster, but the stock body is too wide for them so I have to run without the body for now. The stock body is 300mm wide at the wheel wells, to use bigger tires you need a body that fits between the wheels at around 150 - 160mm.

BTW, 4x4 mashers are awesome on this truck!! I'll have to post some pics after I get my bodies painted!
Old 04-19-2010, 10:54 PM
1fastsob

does anyone have a pic of the pro line 14rs body mounted on a slash?
heres a link 
Old 04-19-2010, 11:03 PM
simplecj

It's called Google, use it...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.