Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

mamba 25 trouble

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 03:40 PM
joshreynolds777
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mamba 25 trouble

... this is a paste of an email i sent to castle...

I'm really scratching my head now. I gave up on tweeking around with the settings on the castle link, I tried everything you recominded and nothing worked. So I installed my airplane system in my 1/18 buggy, and I let my brother use my radio system for his car. He ras an RC18B with the exact same mamba 25 set up in it, and his worked fine all day. and so did mine, except for the fact that I didnt have brakes or reverse using my air system.
So last night I took both of our Mamba 25 ESC's out and made sure they had the current firmware and the latest addition software, infact I think I upgradded to the latest software just before hand.
And now THEY BOTH DONT WORK! Can you belive that? I feel like Im loosing my mind. It doents matter what dead band setting, or reverse setting its on, even with reverse off, they both quit at random times and rapidly blink red and orange at the same time and nothing stops it but time, severl seconds, like 15 seconds or more. Then all I get is a little beep when its ready again. I dont know if its re arming or what. The stearing continues to work during its little freak out.
What in the world is happeneing?
I used to think it was the ESC, then I thought It was the transmiter, then I though it was a ESC set-up problem...
Now I'm starting to think It's the new software update!
The fact that my brothers esc was fine untill I updated it tells me that.
But why would that happen.
I was almost fine with having to get a new esc, but my brother isnt going to understand his not working now.
At first running everything works fine, brake to reverse, to brake to forward all no problem. It almost like it only acts up after it gets warm, over 100 degrees.
Are we having heat issues? Is there an over heat cut off feature? If so, i bet thats it! But I'm not running real hard. Running 3S, but I'v never seen temps over 130 degrees...unless my bats are low.
Help!
Thanks

Have a good one,

Josh Reynolds
Old 10-24-2009, 11:33 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: mamba 25 trouble

I would call Castle Creations.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:33 AM
gelbschnee

Are you running nimhs or lipos? Make sure that your LVC is set to off/on respectively. I had to help my friend with this very same problem today. He had his LVC on, but was using nimh cells. A nimh cell can easily go below 6v under load. especially with a brushless motor.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:52 PM
joshreynolds777
My Feedback: (1)

I'm using lipo's, so the cut off is right.
Its crazy
Old 10-25-2009, 10:04 PM
BigTb17

Did anything else change? Did you change what motor or battery you were using? Did you change any ESC settings like start power, timing, punch control, etc.? Did you change gearing or the tires on the car? Are you running in the same conditions and on similar surfaces?
Old 10-25-2009, 11:16 PM
hands without shadows

I think you have to repgram the ESC to your transmitter. The trim and ch2 reverse switch have to be set just about perfect. It takes a lot of fiddling.