Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

the real deal..

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 06:34 AM
injectedsmile16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the real deal..

ive been asking around and doing some research...im new to rc and the only thing ive drove is a t-maxx and i like the speed and power but people say that its a lot of maintenance but its still better to go to nitro instead of dealing with batteries and chargers and all that but then people say the electrics are good but are bad cuz you have to wait for the batterys to charge and all that so whats the real deal...electric or nitro...t-maxx or e-maxx?
Old 07-03-2003, 11:08 AM
Savage RC

Default the real deal..

either way there are draw backs. with nitro there is clean up, glow plugs, fuel, varios things with the carb, tuning (the 2.5 is a pain!), reciver batts, fail safes. but on the same note there is the battery thing with electrics, plus interferance from the electronic components, and if you have a brushed motor there is a bit of routine maintance there. id say electric is easier for a few reasons. you only need a few battery packs and a charger that charge up to 5-6 amps and is ac/dc capable. this way you get nice peaked batteries that you can charge off your 1:1 scale car. also brushless motors are taking electrics forward leaps and bounds! just yesterday i beat a tmax in a 3 lap race around the top of the parking garage at work. plus with brushless there is no maintance! no comm cutting, no brushes or springs to replace! all you have to keep an eye on is batteries. by all means find the right vehicle for you. if your new to rc electric is easier, but some folks really like the smell and sound of nitro. if you are real good with small two strokes you may want to lean in that direction. hope all this crazy talk helps!
Old 07-03-2003, 11:10 AM
Savage RC

Default the real deal..

oh yeah i run an electric rustler and a stampede both with the novak brushless system, ill be picking up a t-maxx shortly, but electric was a pretty easy way for me to get into the hobby.
Old 07-03-2003, 10:07 PM
injectedsmile16

Default the real deal..

will the brushless motors be good for an e-maxx? how much do they range it cost and where could i buy them?