Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

proline sand paws setup

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 05:33 PM
collective itch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default proline sand paws setup

hi ive just bought some proline sand paws, for use mainly on a jato 3.3 down at the beach. bit confused to be honest. i understand no foams, but mounted them up on some rpm bully wheels, and thought that they felt too bouncy with no vent holes in wheeels or tyres. so i put two vent holes in each tyre, but now there mounted up, they feel to soft if that makes any sense, due to not running any foams with them. any ideas at all? any comments/tips are welcome, as have not glued them on yet, so could tape up the vent holes ive made.....
peace out, and bash hard.....
Old 12-15-2009, 06:11 PM
So Cal

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: proline sand paws setup

I didnt have any isues with mine bieng too hard with no foams or breather holes.....
How soft are they with holes in them?
I hope the hole you made is in the rim and not the tire......
Old 12-15-2009, 07:00 PM
collective itch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi, yes i made the holes in the tyres so they vent, do it with all my nitro off road tyres. i thought if some of the glue failed, and tyre got compressed, id wouldnt 'pop' back to shape.
i always thought that vent holes in rims let dirt get sucked in, but cant be 'spun' out of the tyre....what are you running yours on?
Old 12-15-2009, 09:24 PM
So Cal

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh yeah thats true that the dirt cant be flug out of the hole is in the wheel. i just had the sand paws on HPI nitro rush wheels. Worked perfect.