Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

venom sc truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 03:02 PM
BRUSSER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default venom sc truck

can anyone can say anything on this new shortcourse truck from venom
Old 02-20-2010, 03:25 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: venom sc truck

yes its not out yet. All about anyone can say.
It sounds interesting but who knows how good it will hold up.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:49 PM
mercerbeef

Here's a link to some info for you.

http://www.rcshortcourse.com/news/venomscx/
Old 02-22-2010, 01:42 PM
Lilredmachine

Well, all you can say really is that it's the first pure SC truck that isn't based on a hacked up ST or MT chassis. Plus the tranny is a very cool idea. Could give it the edge in the 2wd SC class.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:34 PM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: Lilredmachine

Plus the tranny is a very cool idea. Could give it the edge in the 2wd SC class.
It's a nice design in theory. The Losi strike used the same mid mounted motor design and in the RC driver review, they said that it had horrible traction. Having weight in the far rear, like the other trucks, gives it better traction.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:19 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

The forward- motor position would probably only be used on high bite surfaces. It's a great tuning device, FA SHO
Old 02-22-2010, 10:56 PM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

The body is ugly but the chassis and every thing looks nice but so does all the other crap venom makes but who knows it might be great "cough yea right cough" lol
Old 02-23-2010, 10:53 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: t-max97

The body is ugly but the chassis and every thing looks nice but so does all the other crap venom makes but who knows it might be great ''cough yea right cough'' lol
kinda why I am not going to be a initial paying guinea pig

Now if its venoms usual level of quality it will catastrophically fail, explode or go flying apart, (after the first turn) and take out a turn judge by either causing burns from hot plastic hitting him, or shrapnel going through his eye or heart, or take out every other RC in the race

BTW am I one of the few that actually like the body lol

But truthfully its failure will be a combo of the following
1 its priced too close to the blitz and slash which have 2 big companies backing them, and both are tried and tested(now if they do like HPI and traxxas and go 50% of MSRP than it might sell fairly well for $100)
2 Venoms great Quality control (if they even have any) reputation with every other product they sell, only thing I never had an issue with was a pre-painted RC10GT body they made(well besides it being kinda ugly), everything else I found to be substandard overpriced crap
Old 02-23-2010, 01:30 PM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FWIW, not EVERYTHING venom makes/sells is junk. I have the GPV-1, and once you understand the idea that tuning and driving a bike is fundamentally different than a car, it's actually a really nicely made and performing product. I think their new SC truck looks very interesting and shows nice engineering ideas. That said, I won't speculate on durability or performance until I see one on the track in person.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:21 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: BuzzBomber

FWIW, not EVERYTHING venom makes/sells is junk. I have the GPV-1, and once you understand the idea that tuning and driving a bike is fundamentally different than a car, it's actually a really nicely made and performing product. I think their new SC truck looks very interesting and shows nice engineering ideas. That said, I won't speculate on durability or performance until I see one on the track in person.
ok sure some stuff gets through their strenuous low-quality control that ensures only the lowest quality good for the highest prices. Its like most of the low end names occasionally they make something that is good, and defies all logic of products they release.

and btw I meant what I said more as sarcasm than being serious
I know not everything venom sells is over priced complete crap. A good chunk is, but not everything. Like I said I got a pre-painted RC10GT body from them when I was too hesitant to my own paint bodies, it protected the internals fine without causing it to burst into flames or explode, only thing it did do was make my truck look ugly as hell with hideous flames (painted) all over it
Old 02-23-2010, 04:08 PM
Brainanator
My Feedback: (1)

I have one of their tiny RC helicopters, it's more toy grade than anything, but it is a BLAST, and strong, and it was cheap
Old 02-23-2010, 05:31 PM
Lilredmachine

I really don't know what other products Venom makes in terms of rc kits other than the bike, Creeper crawler and this new SC. And they've all been pretty damn good. The only thing I'm aware of really sucking is the NIMHs, and NIMHs are crap anyway so who gives a toss? I ran 2 of the 2s 5000 lipos in an E-savage for 6 months without balancing them and without a lipo cut off, and when I finally did balance them, they were 0.01 of a volt out. Again, pretty damn good.

They seem kind of like Ansmann, some of the products are great and some are awful. I'm just hoping that this is good because I like the ideas in it.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:08 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: Lilredmachine

I really don't know what other products Venom makes in terms of rc kits other than the bike, Creeper crawler and this new SC. And they've all been pretty damn good. The only thing I'm aware of really sucking is the NIMHs, and NIMHs are crap anyway so who gives a toss? I ran 2 of the 2s 5000 lipos in an E-savage for 6 months without balancing them and without a lipo cut off, and when I finally did balance them, they were 0.01 of a volt out. Again, pretty damn good.

They seem kind of like Ansmann, some of the products are great and some are awful. I'm just hoping that this is good because I like the ideas in it.
They make a bunch of junk electronics. Read a post in the nitro forums of their fail safes not working at all, their NiCd/NiMh batteries are crap, their modified motors are also over priced pieces of crap that seem to have worst QC than the Traxxas Titan 550's.

Now if the chassis is good & solid, and the drive line is also I'd consider getting it. If I do get one though 1st thing I would do would be the chuck the electronics in the garbage can where the rest of my venom electronics I've bought ended up after a few uses.