Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

New Slash 4x4 PE?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 12:32 PM
jjkRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Slash 4x4 PE?

I just picked up a PE and was wondering if there is anything I should be looking for? I'm planning on going through it and checking all the nuts/bolts and lock-tighting everything I can, but just wondering if there is anything alse I should be looking for?? Thanks...........
Old 02-21-2010, 12:44 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New Slash 4x4 PE?

Buy some spare rear axles........... or replace the rear hubs with the stock plastic ones. Alot of people have had issues with the rear axles breaking, due to the aluminum hubs not having any give.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:52 PM
jjkRC

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

Buy some spare rear axles........... or replace the rear hubs with the stock plastic ones. Alot of people have had issues with the rear axles breaking, due to the aluminum hubs not having any give.

I failed to mention, I had a rtr 4x4 slash that I just sold to my younger brother. I went through 4 different sets of stub shafts, 3 with the plastic hub carriers and 1 with alum set. Thats interesting. Hopefully they figure something out soon on thise things.....
Old 02-21-2010, 01:06 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jjkRC

I failed to mention, I had a rtr 4x4 slash that I just sold to my younger brother. I went through 4 different sets of stub shafts, 3 with the plastic hub carriers and 1 with alum set. Thats interesting. Hopefully they figure something out soon on thise things.....

I haven't had any problems with the rear axles on my RTR 4wd Slash.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:19 PM
jjkRC

ORIGINAL: jjkRC

I haven't had any problems with the rear axles on my RTR 4wd Slash.
It could be the way I drive, I also run a 3s lipo which seems to have crazy power..Big bombs and landing on one wheel often too...Anyways, we'll see how it turns out...
Old 02-21-2010, 09:01 PM
birdman1968

The Stock plastic hub carriers solved my bent axle issues . Iwould switch the aluminum out unless you have some spare axles handy . That is if you are planning on getting big air and landing badly .

The bolts on the bottom of thecaster blocks are worth checking , all the bolts and screws are worth a once over .

Highly reccomend the tape mod on the drive shaft to keep the debris out and also putting a couple 3 mm scews in the differential drain holes on the bottom of the truck to keep the sand / dirt out of your gears . A little lexan or folded overtapeto cover the area for adjusting theslipper clutch is wise . That area is a magnet for little pebbles that makea terrible noise and willlathe your slipper nut . Personally , I am gonna get an overtray from JConcpets because I run in alot of looseandwet dirt .The inside of my truck had about an inch of mud coveringeverything today .