Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

convert e savage to brushless or e maxx?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 10:58 PM
cflchurch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default convert e savage to brushless or e maxx?

I cant afford a savage flux or brushless revo so my choices are limited, thanks. Brian
Old 04-07-2010, 11:15 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: convert e savage to brushless or e maxx?

Well, thats kind of a tough one. I like the layout of the E-Savage better, and they look sweet with hop up parts.

However, I think the driveline on the E-Maxx is easier to get to handle brushless power, and I like the fact that the truck itself is bigger, and the aftermarket for them is huge.

Either one will be similar in performance though. You will need to upgrade your driveline if you want to go brushless in the E-Savage, so that is something to consider. You will at least need CVD's. Not sure how much you can get them for. Are you going brushless on an E-Maxx if you decide to go that route?

Eric
Old 04-08-2010, 05:33 AM
Lilredmachine

Brushless in trucks this large is always pretty expensive. That's why the Flux and ERBE are so expensive.

Go brushless in the E-savage and you'll spend a bundle making the drivetrain reliable. Go brushless in an E-maxx and you'll spend a bundle stopping the truck fall apart.

You take your choice.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:36 AM
cflchurch

ya i will make the emax brushless, thats the route ill take , i like traxxas, its all about local parts availibility for me. thanks eric. my end result is not flux type speed but long run times and a little more speed not blinding speed. thanks to all
Old 04-08-2010, 08:03 AM
04DarkShadowGT

On the maxx imo you will need better bulkheads and shock towers. The rest is fairly stout.

I have an e-revo and an e-savage and the e-savage is way too fragile for brushless power unless you spend some big coin. So if you are down to the e-maxx and e-savage you are picking the best route to go as far as cost to make it reliable on brushless power.

But with that being said if you are buying an e-maxx for $350-$399 for the normal version, you are going to spend a $200+ for the brushless system, at that point you are real close to the cost of a savage flux or e-revo BE. Food for thought.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:55 PM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Upgrade the E-Savage, it;s much tougher than the E-maxx. Trust me i've owned both, sold the E-Maxx and the handling on the E-max xis CRAP, in my opinion compairing the two. I'm getting ready to go BL in my E-Savage after my S-600 motors burned up. I upgraded the bevel gears and upgraded the half shafts to t-maxx halfshafts so it should be able to handle some power and when you go brushless you want a strong truck and from my experience with both trucks the e-savage is tougher, the e-maxx broke all the time especially bulkheads and shock towers etc, it was a headache. Just my opinion but i'd go E-Savage BL.