Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

2 Questions I Need answered ASAP.

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 12:49 AM
VSTT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Questions I Need answered ASAP.

I got a new motor the other day with new gears, when i went to run it i noticed that the battery side was burning, and then today i actually saw some flames. I was wondering why this happend and what can i do to fix it.

Next is which electric car is a good buy/recommended. My friend is interested in buying one but doesnt know which one. He is gonna have it all stock with very little hop ups, and just a good motor. He has a truck by tmaxx but wants a touring car and doesnt want to have to clean the nitro cars all the time.
Old 07-18-2003, 12:52 AM
_GrAnD_SlAm_180

well, if your battery is catching fire then u should either wrap it in electricians tape or most likely ask around at wher u bought it or at a local hobby store. as 4 great elctric touring cars what price range is he looking at?
Old 07-18-2003, 12:58 AM
VSTT

price range from 150-200.
Old 07-18-2003, 01:05 AM
_GrAnD_SlAm_180

well, your goin to have some trouble finding a car in that range but i recommend the tamiya XB pro integra type-r. Its about $260. the motor and speed control it comes with arent too great but as long as u solder the wires already attached to the ESC to the new motor u can put a new one in. this is the car im working on rite now and i havent had any problems with it. ask Hockey07 lol. I smoke his TC3 and the only upgrade ive made is a trinity chameleon 2 pro motor.

anyway as 4 the battery issue i think your best bet wuold be to take it to a hobby shop.

hope this helps
Old 07-18-2003, 01:23 AM
R6stunter

FOr the touring car, get you a Team Losi XXXS RTR Sport kit! They rock! AS for the Motor problem, you may have a bind in those neew gears or something causeing too much frictiona dn are buring up the motor. Or you may be way over geared. Sounds liek yoru over geared.
Old 07-18-2003, 02:55 AM
SpoonAvenger

grant slam, what motor is he running lol? cuz if hes not running the same or better motor, the car doesnt matter !
Old 08-18-2003, 11:17 PM
RimzKeepSpinin

#1 if it's gas i dunno but if its electric you should check to see if your battery can hold the amount of power neassery for your motor

?#2 a stampede is a first good rc it does good on alomost all surfaces like street like mine and also on dirt and ramps and stuff