Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

New to RC Electric car world. Not new to RC. Some help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 02:17 PM
n19htmare
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to RC Electric car world. Not new to RC. Some help.

I've had quite a bit of experience with Nitro trucks and currently have been flying. I want to add to the hobby something that is to put it simply plug and go and not messy. Something I can do in my backyard for some fun here and there or go to the park and not wake the neighbors.

I have done some research and have not come here a "total" noob. I think the easiest thing for a first time like me would be a RTR as I don't have the time to build a kit and start piecing things, perhaps in the future.

The item I have been really eying is the Team Associated RC10T4.1 RTR 2.4GHz (Brushless). It's in my budget of about $250 or so. Comes with all I need minus the battery. Either that or the the buggy version of that RC10B4.1

Again, budget is $250 or so, I don't mind building a roller. I've built plenty of good cheap electrics with stuff from China (Hobbyking) and I see they have some brushless setups etc.

What do you guys think? I'd like to stay brushless/lipo setup. $250 budget, lay it out for me.

Thanks in advance.

Edit 1: more search has me looking at the Associated SC10 Brushless RTR http://67.199.85.166/ae/sc10-bl/sc10bl_home.php for around $270..

Old 05-21-2010, 04:28 PM
rc kid 93

Default RE: New to RC Electric car world. Not new to RC. Some help.

The rc10t4 is a great vehicle my friend has one and everytime I go to his house I have to find some excuse to get him to let me drive it. Would you be going brushless or no?
Old 05-21-2010, 04:36 PM
n19htmare

ORIGINAL: rc kid 93

The rc10t4 is a great vehicle my friend has one and everytime I go to his house I have to find some excuse to get him to let me drive it. Would you be going brushless or no?
Yes, I will be going brusless, I'm surprised brushed and nimh is still around lol.

I see t hat the brushless RTR doesn't come out till June so I got some time to do more research and see if that's what I really want.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:32 AM
n19htmare

After pretty much researching all day. I've decided I'm gonna go with the upcoming associated SC10 Brushless w/ 2.4ghz controller for $244. Not shabby for complete Brushless RTR setup.