RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   AE SC10 4x4 Build (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/10490371-ae-sc10-4x4-build.html)

Cyberbug 04-28-2011 04:25 PM

AE SC10 4x4 Build

So it begins...

First box arrived with lots of goodies... More coming and more to order..

http://upload.pbase.com/cyberbug/ima...4/original.jpg

redfisher1974 04-28-2011 04:41 PM

RE: AE SC10 4x4 Build

What was the budget on this build?

Cyberbug 04-28-2011 04:46 PM

ORIGINAL: redfisher1974

Funny question :)

I stopped counting.. keeps me less depressed

I'll post more pictures as more stuff shows up

redfisher1974 04-28-2011 04:49 PM

Probably best that way ;)

sloppyG 04-28-2011 07:23 PM

pretty low so far!

especially considering the actual RC won't be here for at least a few more weeks

maybe in the meantime, can you give us a comparison of the great planes CA glue vs the AKA CA glue?

ThunderbirdJunkie 04-28-2011 07:34 PM

More than you can afford, pal[&:]

redfisher1974 04-29-2011 12:09 PM

Just a poor white boy trying to earn a living...[&:]

Cyberbug 04-29-2011 12:39 PM

@ Poor White Boy

Not to worry... things will get better when you grow up... keep working hard ;)

redfisher1974 04-29-2011 12:47 PM

You mean when my kids grow up.....;)

Cyberbug 04-29-2011 01:00 PM

lol... you are really think they are going to move out :)

sloppyG 04-29-2011 04:00 PM

I saw a picture on another forum, we may be seeing this build start sooner rather than later

a whole bunch of kits on pallets, ready to ship.....

Cyberbug 04-29-2011 05:04 PM

Today's Package - RX8 / SC4X - 4.5T

http://upload.pbase.com/cyberbug/ima...5/original.jpg

I also went to LHS today and ordered a Spektrum DX3R Pro + hard case and the SC10 4x4 kit from LHS, I cancelled the tower hobbies order.
I would have saved a little but wanted to support the LHS.

Also ordered Hyperion EOS 0720i Super DUO3 charger and Muchmore 24A Power Master World Edition 2

The only thing left to order is battery which I am waiting to be available - Reedy hardcase, 2S 5600mhA 60C - Should I order two?

Cyberbug 04-29-2011 05:06 PM

ORIGINAL: sloppyG

I saw a picture on another forum, we may be seeing this build start sooner rather than later

That would be great, my LHS said they'll get it quick as soon as it is released. which is fine even if I have to wait a week more. at least I am supporting them they have a 4 driver race team and they are very helpful with information.

How should I plan on painting the body, I also thinking of getting a Proline second body as well.

ilanstylz 04-29-2011 05:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Cyberbug

ORIGINAL: sloppyG

That would be great, my LHS said they'll get it quick as soon as it is released. which is fine even if I have to wait a week more. at least I am supporting them they have a 4 driver race team and they are very helpful with information.

How should I plan on painting the body, I also thinking of getting a Proline second body as well.
Just paint it to whatever you like, or since you race 1:1 cars just paint it to the color scheme of your race car......... Man that is going to be one sweet build when your done, and I am waiting on towerhobbies to charge my debit card so I'll know for sure if I got in on the first order list or not..........

If you need any help, questions, or concerns when you get the sc10 on building tips or guides, just post up.......

Cyberbug 04-29-2011 06:31 PM

Thank you and will do that is why I started the thread, I'll picture document every step.

I need advice on tools, what the most common size Hex drivers and nut drivers do I need?

And should I get one or 2 batteries?

ThunderbirdJunkie 04-29-2011 06:37 PM

More batteries the better[&:]

ilanstylz 04-29-2011 09:17 PM

Thank you and will do that is why I started the thread, I'll picture document every step.

I need advice on tools, what the most common size Hex drivers and nut drivers do I need?

And should I get one or 2 batteries?
I'd invest in the AE hex and nut driver sets, they will both come with all the tools needed to use for the screws and bolts in your sc10 build...... I'm pretty sure you already have pliers and vice grips, if not I use those in my builds as well...... Another good thing to have but not really necessary is a shock stand, just helps out to put together the shocks and to put shock oil in them..........

And yes as TBJ stated, the more batteries the better.......

Cyberbug 04-29-2011 09:21 PM

got a garage full of tools so I am covered on the nut driver, have all kinds of hex keys/ T-keys as well. but I like tools so I ordered some hex drivers.
Also ordered a stand which has shock stands built in it (I think)

been researching power supplies, power in my house is 15Amp fuses, I have a 24amp/12~16v out powersupply coming, the charge seems to be a beast, it will work from 12-24vlts, higher is recommended. I hope they both work, I hate returning things :( I am will run it at 16vs

ilanstylz 04-29-2011 09:29 PM

got a garage full of tools so I am covered on the nut driver, have all kinds of hex keys/ T-keys as well. but I like tools so I ordered some hex drivers.

been researching power supplies, power in my house is 15Amp fuses, I have a 24amp/12~16v out powersupply coming, the charge seems to be a beast, it will work from 12-24vlts, higher is recommended. I hope they both work, I hate returning things :( I am will run it at 16vs

Yeah but don't you want the AE tools to go with the sct ? lol jk, yeah i figured you had all the tools, but just thought i'd do a sales pitch for AE ;-)

Can't wait to see your setup once its all done.......

ThunderbirdJunkie 04-29-2011 11:21 PM

ThunderbirdJunkie will warn you now that RC wrenching will slaughter most of those snazzy, nice T-handled Matco, Snap-On, Mac, Cornwell, etc allen drivers. Normal 1/4" drive sockets will generally be just fine, but he would seriously recommend investing (and yes, ThunderbirdJunkie used the term "investing" in relation to toys, sue him) in a good set of Losi Race Wrenches or Associated Factory Team allen drivers.

The SC10 4x4 is going to be all metric.

ThunderbirdJunkie's got a little Blue Point 1/4" drive nutrunner (y'know, the thing wtih the screwdriver type handle) with a set of small 1/4" drive sockets he keeps in his RC toolbox.

Only when serious bouts of frustrations come (which normally doesn't come) he busts out the Matco prybar set when wrenching on RC's[&:]

Last time they were used, though, was on a possum found under the hood of a fullsize Dodge van[&:]

Cyberbug 04-30-2011 06:43 AM

Before ThunderbirdJunkie recommendation I had already ordered the following:

O.S. Speed Hex Wrench Driver 2.5mm
O.S. Speed Hex Wrench Ball Driver 2.5mm
O.S. Speed Hex Wrench Driver 2.0mm
O.S. Speed Hex Wrench Driver 1.5mm
O'Donnell Hex Driver 3/32"
O.S. Speed Hex Wrench Driver 3.0mm
O'Donnell Hex Driver .050"
O'Donnell Hex Driver 1/16"

Cyberbug (;)) has full set of 1/4" sockets metric and sae so good there.

got a second solder gun too (60watt), the other is 40watt.

ordered some extra wheels and tires for different terrain.. Pictures to come.

Cyberbug 04-30-2011 06:46 AM

on the kit delivery front news is not good...

Amain initially had a in stock date of April 30th, then May 9th and now May 16th..

Not liking Associated at all :(

ilanstylz 04-30-2011 07:17 AM

on the kit delivery front news is not good...

Amain initially had a in stock date of April 30th, then May 9th and now May 16th..

Not liking Associated at all :(
I'm not sure how often amain updates their site, but towerhobbies put theres back to late april (even though today is the last day of April), and per Chris Jaroz an employee of AE stated on another forum that 2500 units or so were shipped out yesterday to distributors..... So you may still get one sooner then you expect just depends on how many were ordered on amain before yours........Considering amain is one of the top rc sites they may have sold out of their supplied units months ago......

ilanstylz 04-30-2011 07:20 AM

NVM on tower they just put it back to early May, ***......

Cyberbug 04-30-2011 09:34 AM

Well I am relying on my LHS now, put down a deposit yesterday.