RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/10810730-evader-coalition-%7E-t-e-c-part-2-a.html)

dtxandtrx 09-26-2012 06:59 PM

RE: The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2.

It all depends on how you want your truck to handle. I dont know if your asking a question on what holes are stock or just telling us to see what we think. Thats what i have my shocks set to. I use aftermarket losi springs and 35 wt shock oil. But as it gets colder i might change the shock oil back to 20wt. (stock)

joehervey1984 09-26-2012 07:32 PM

i was just telling how i was unable to set one side, the screw kept stripin the hole on the arm. so i set it to the middle both side, if i leave the front on the outer and the back in the midde is that good for bashing. all i do is do some speed runs then i go on some dirt/grass. i stil have not takin it out on a open grass lot etc

cumquat 09-27-2012 04:49 AM

ORIGINAL: joehervey1984

i was just telling how i was unable to set one side, the screw kept stripin the hole on the arm. so i set it to the middle both side, if i leave the front on the outer and the back in the midde is that good for bashing. all i do is do some speed runs then i go on some dirt/grass. i stil have not takin it out on a open grass lot etc
questions are best marked with a question mark. this thing ? . hit right shift and the button to it's left. as for will it work? yes, but i doubt you'll notice any difference between any of the holes. you may notice one tends to slide more or flips more but outside of that, you'd need to be counting seconds on a track to notice any difference.

DieHarder 09-27-2012 12:44 PM

lol. I'd set it just as it is. That's a good setup.

ORIGINAL: cumquat

questions are best marked with a question mark. this thing ? . hit right shift and the button to it's left. as for will it work? yes, but i doubt you'll notice any difference between any of the holes. you may notice one tends to slide more or flips more but outside of that, you'd need to be counting seconds on a track to notice any difference.

DieHarder 09-27-2012 12:48 PM

Hey everybody! turned over $900 on my Evader ST!!![X(] I guess money goes fast for me...like my evader!!!!:D

Oracus 09-27-2012 01:48 PM

Ok my esc is fine! Old motor was too much for it. Ran a 1800mah pack out full throttle on blacktop and esc was cool to the touch :) Anyone have good setup for grass/lawn driving/dog chasing? I looks like it already has larger tires/wheels. Should the shocks have oil in them? If so is motor oil ok?

cumquat 09-27-2012 05:58 PM

yes and $)%& no, you need to use actual shock oil. some engine oils may work, but it's better to just pay the <$5 for actual shock oil. 35wt should work fine. for the record, proline mashers will make it all but impervious to any grass. those suckers are 5 inches in diameter and weigh about a half pound each, so you'll definately want to gear down if you ever get a set.

DieHarder 09-27-2012 06:04 PM

Yes, the shocks are supposed to have oil in them. I would recommend either 30W-35W for lawn and grass. I don't think you should use motor oil. Heres what you probably want. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...X3310&amp;P=ML I'd say either order this or go to your local hobby shop and ask for it. I'm 99% sure they'll have it in stock.

ORIGINAL: Oracus

Ok my esc is fine! Old motor was too much for it. Ran a 1800mah pack out full throttle on blacktop and esc was cool to the touch :) Anyone have good setup for grass/lawn driving/dog chasing? I looks like it already has larger tires/wheels. Should the shocks have oil in them? If so is motor oil ok?

DieHarder 09-27-2012 06:06 PM

Looking for decent tires that won't wear too fast and will grip good on dirt and pavement. Any ideas?

cumquat 09-27-2012 07:04 PM

dirthawgs and mashers work well and last a while. both offer enough traction to wheelie on gravel.

DieHarder 09-28-2012 02:03 PM

Well,  I'm not running 3S anymore. I couldn't afford it in the parts I kept having to buy.http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...sn/biggrin.gif So today I went to the lhs and told bob (the owner/operator) that I couldn't handle the power and he agreed that he too didn't like 3S. So he took it back and gave me $20 less than what I paid for it because it was used. So then I used the refund and a little extra money and got a venom 2S 5000mah 40C. I just finished running it, and man, that thing is amazingly strong, fast and controllable. The 3S was probably a little faster, but you can't tell because by the time you got up to speed on the 3S, your way past out-of-control!http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...sn/biggrin.gif I like the 40C way better than 35C. It's alot stronger. I plan on getting the dirt hawgs, trenchers (will need differerent rims, but I can work with that), mashers, or the original Evader ext2 wheels. What does everyone think I should get? I run about 50% pavement and 50% dirt.

dtxandtrx 09-29-2012 05:32 AM

Bob at cobblestone?

DieHarder 09-29-2012 07:05 AM

yeah. That's right. Cobblestone Hobbies next to Sam's Club. I'm in there every Friday.

dtxandtrx 09-29-2012 07:35 AM

I go there alot. They dont sell evader anymore right? I cant seem to find any of the brushless evader parts there either. I know i can order them but id like to see the parts in stock. I havent been there in about 2 weeks tho. Do you know if they have a e-flight zero 300 or any parts in stock. I have one and i cant seem to get alot of parts for it. Again i really dont want to order any.

DieHarder 09-29-2012 08:29 AM

I know what you mean. Ordering duratrax parts is like ordering from the other side of the world. Infact, I ordered a top shaft for evader ST in May, it hasn't shown up yet. There are a few Evader Brushless parts due to me. When I ordered some parts when I was upgrading my diff to metal, he order like a whole stock of em. I don't look to much at the heli stuff, only when my mcx2 breaks. Ya, I saw the Evader yesterday. They sell the EXT2, but I've never seen an Evader Brushless in there. Bob is a nice guy, but if your not paying attention, he might sell you something you don't need or is over priced. I've had that a few times, but I know deep down he's just trying to be helpful and at the same time make a living.

joehervey1984 09-29-2012 10:56 AM

im still waiting for a new spur gear, my local hobby shop sold me the wrong one. i was not 100 percent sure what one i had to get.im geting a new speed conrtol, motor and spur gear soon. cant wait

cumquat 09-29-2012 11:32 AM

what motor/esc are you thinking about getting?

joehervey1984 09-29-2012 01:50 PM

motor http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...XNMM6&amp;P=ML

speed control http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...XCHSZ&amp;P=ML

DieHarder 09-29-2012 04:33 PM

Wouldn't you like to go brushless?</p>

dtxandtrx 09-29-2012 07:57 PM

ORIGINAL: DieHard1945

I know what you mean. Ordering duratrax parts is like ordering from the other side of the world. Infact, I ordered a top shaft for evader ST in May, it hasn't shown up yet. There are a few Evader Brushless parts due to me. When I ordered some parts when I was upgrading my diff to metal, he order like a whole stock of em. I don't look to much at the heli stuff, only when my mcx2 breaks. Ya, I saw the Evader yesterday. They sell the EXT2, but I've never seen an Evader Brushless in there. Bob is a nice guy, but if your not paying attention, he might sell you something you don't need or is over priced. I've had that a few times, but I know deep down he's just trying to be helpful and at the same time make a living.

He sold my dad a stampede while we were there a couple months ago. It a good thing my dad bought it because he says its the only truck hes never had a problem with.

DieHarder 09-30-2012 05:33 AM

Yeah, it sounds like those stampedes, summits and T-Maxxs are a pretty good thing. Though I'm not a fan of Traxxas, I still say their pretty decent trucks.

joehervey1984 09-30-2012 05:59 AM

nah i dont wana go brushless

DieHarder 09-30-2012 07:04 AM

ok then, the duratrax intellispeed 12T esc looks good, but I don't agree with the Titan 12T 550. From personal experience with losi motors when I was still running brushed, I <u>really</u> recommend this. http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...0-Motor/Detail This is a great motor. It lasted me 3 seasons. If you don't trust the first site I linked, you can get it here from ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Losi-New-SCT...item5d3523170e

EXT2Rob 09-30-2012 09:53 AM

Why not, Joe?

DieHarder 09-30-2012 06:23 PM

Hey, gotta question. All my NiMh batteries are crap. They have been run for years and won't even hold a charge, let alone take one. I now have 2S lipo. How should I dispose of the NiMh batteries? Should I discharge them in salt water, and then throw them away, or discharge them with my charger, or what?