RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   Traxxas Slash 2wd- Rear stub axle carrier (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/11559791-traxxas-slash-2wd-rear-stub-axle-carrier.html)

ghostcrab911 07-02-2013 07:30 PM

Traxxas Slash 2wd- Rear stub axle carrier

Rc universe community,
I broke a rear stub axle carrier today on my 2wd traxxas slash while out bashing. What is the best replacement for it at this point in time? Do I go with the same stock part or upgrade? Once I do get the new part, do a need a new bushing? If no, how do I replace the existing one?
Thanks,
-Patrick

collector1231 07-03-2013 04:01 AM

RE: Traxxas Slash 2wd- Rear stub axle carrier

The stock ones are very tough. Just stay stock.

phmaximus 07-03-2013 04:38 AM

Hey, that's the first part I broke too...

I would recommend replacing it with a RPM one. They have a lifetime warranty against breakage.
For US $8 u can't go wrong.

Check em out here...
http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/products/traxxas/slash.htm

Ps, once u have taken off the wheel hex, lock pin, and stub axle, the bearings just puts out

ghostcrab911 07-03-2013 06:47 AM

<div>RC Universe,</div><div>So far I have...</div>1 Stock<div>1 RPM</div><div>
</div><div>Which one is it? I need some more opinions.</div><div>-ghostcrab911</div>

EXT2Rob 07-03-2013 07:23 AM

It's pretty generally known around here, that RPM makes better replacement parts than the OEM. And from what I've read, pretty much every Slash owner replaces broken parts with RPM parts, because they ARE tougher than the stock.

SyCo_VeNoM 07-03-2013 07:49 AM

ORIGINAL: EXT2Rob

It's pretty generally known around here, that RPM makes better replacement parts than the OEM. And from what I've read, pretty much every Traxxas owner replaces broken parts with RPM parts, because they ARE tougher than the stock.

Fixed dat ;)

Only RPM part I heard of that sucks is the wheel hubs on the merv due to them being too soft, and the ball ends pulling through.

ghostcrab911 07-03-2013 08:08 AM

<font size="3">I'll go ahead and order a pair of RPM ones then. I know phmaximus<span style="font-family: tahoma, verdana, arial; background-color: rgb(251, 252, 255);"> already said I could transfer the bearings from the existing rear stub axle carriers to the new ones but the traxxas slash comes stock with bushings. Is that correct? If so, do I need to replace those?</span></font><div><span style="font-family: tahoma, verdana, arial; background-color: rgb(251, 252, 255);"><font size="3">-ghostcrab911</font></span></div>

EXT2Rob 07-03-2013 11:15 AM

Oh HELL yeah!  BUSHINGS?  That is so 1985!  Gotta get BEARINGS, mate.  If your slash has bushings, replace them everywhere.  Check the tranny and if it has bushings, replace them too.

Syco - Are you saying he SHOULD NOT get the RPM rear hub carriers, because they are the only RPM part not tougher than stock?  That would be really weird on RPM's part........

phmaximus 07-03-2013 05:05 PM

Are u sure its bushings???? I've never seen a slash with bushes only bearings.... Are u sure?

phmaximus 07-03-2013 05:07 PM

Some other options too.....

If u are more into racing and fine tuning look into the alloy STRC ones or the Proline ones

SyCo_VeNoM 07-03-2013 05:46 PM

ORIGINAL: EXT2Rob

Oh HELL yeah! BUSHINGS? That is so 1985! Gotta get BEARINGS, mate. If your slash has bushings, replace them everywhere. Check the tranny and if it has bushings, replace them too.

Syco - Are you saying he SHOULD NOT get the RPM rear hub carriers, because they are the only RPM part not tougher than stock? That would be really weird on RPM's part........

No meant the only part they make for all the traxxas models that is weaker then stock is the wheel hubs on the 1/16th Mini Revo(which doesn't mean anything in this case)
Outside that if it breaks RPM it on all Traxxas models :D

ghostcrab911 07-04-2013 09:17 AM

phmaximus,
You were right. The slash does have bearings, not bushings.

Thanks for the correction,
-ghostcrab911

ghostcrab911 07-04-2013 09:19 AM

I think the RPM ones would be the better bet since I'm not too into racing...yet.
Thanks for the alternate option though.