RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   Rc Car Goes Than Stops, Goes Then Stops. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/11693158-rc-car-goes-than-stops-goes-then-stops.html)

Timperrd 09-06-2021 02:37 AM

Rc Car Goes Than Stops, Goes Then Stops.

So I have a rustler 4x4 with a hobby wing max 8 combo put into it. One night I wanted to go for a drive an it started driving slower than usual, with the average speed would be 55-57 mph on 4s. But Later after I changed my dif fluid to 10k on both front and back, and changing spur to a 50t instead of a 54t it became slower? Going like 20mph full speed with fully charged batteries. That same night I tested it for the first time, the car would act as seen in the video an also be delayed when turning left an right, same when I pulled on the trigger, it’ll be like a half of a second delay till it would finally go. (Only when I full gas it or put power in it is when it would do that) but out of nowhere I heard a pop, no smoke or nothing, just a pop an my battery being open (it’s a shell battary) an really hot. Now A day later after trying everything I think it could be, I’m still lost. Does anyone know how to fix this? I’m fairly new to all of this so I don’t have the experience other people seem to have. So any help would be amazing.

krispy378 09-06-2021 04:30 AM

Its sounds like the battery is done with. Also, do you have the original brushless motor? Put it back in and check that your speed control is ok. That 8t motor and a 4s battery sounds like it push alot of current. Gearing for high speed can also be a factor.

krispy378 09-06-2021 04:33 AM

Also, i would put the gearing back to stock. Start at a baseline so to speak and evaluate your esc, battery, and motor. I would not try anything with that battery that ruptured.. Good luck!

Timperrd 09-06-2021 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by krispy378 (Post 12693249)
Its sounds like the battery is done with. Also, do you have the original brushless motor? Put it back in and check that your speed control is ok. That 8t motor and a 4s battery sounds like it push alot of current. Gearing for high speed can also be a factor.

so I don’t have the original anymore since it actually broke due to it being bent well trying to get a stripped pinion screw out. But I have ran that setup for about a month or two by now an it ran perfectly fine. Actually insanely smooth. The battery also has been disposed of since it’s clearly unsafe. But I am going to try an put the stock gearing on to see if maybe it’s the gearing. As of now I don’t know. That clip was also with new batteries so idk why it could be doing that.